"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Hipster moshpit last night. I can go to hell laughing now.

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> Hipster moshpit last night. I can go to hell laughing now.

Displaying 7 posts
Displaying 7 posts
Jul 1, 2013 12:18 PM ET #1 (permalink)

The show I went to was primarily for fans of Post-metal, which is the first scene where hipsters and metalheads have a common interest. Both subcultures go together like water and oil (sometimes a match-Cynic said this in his article, "Black Metal: The Shoegaze Wave"). And so me and a small handful of metalheads were in a crowd of hipsters. Deafheaven was playing and they were the only ones with music heavy enough to mosh to. Not expecting hipsters to *try* starting a pit, we remained reserved. Then the pit started. Me and the guys initially laughed at them as they were slamming about awkwardly in their skinny jeans outside their natural habitat and trying to hold on to their thick-rimmed glasses.

Then one of Deafheaven's heavier songs came on ("Unrequited"). Three of us took places where the pit would be as we waited for the soft intro to give way to the heavy riff. I took center position, two metalheads were at my left and right. The heavy tremolo chords blasted and I pushed the two off, starting the pit. We showed the hipsters how its done. Some got hurt but they brushed it off and resumed moshing. They learned well. The next decent song played and they got the hang of it. It was a proud moment, kind of like old school teaching the new school. It was a surprisingly awesome bonding moment.

Now here's what makes hipster pits fun for me: They're so small and frail by comparison so starting a pit is so easy. I easily pushed 3-5 of them at once and next thing you know half the room is a pit. Its so lulzy.

Jul 2, 2013 12:52 PM ET #2 (permalink)

That's fucking awesome GC. \m/\m/

Jul 15, 2013 9:29 PM ET #3 (permalink)

Sounds like a fucking laugh. I love them around at concerts. I saw BLS last fall and there were a lot of dainty fellows there to see protest the hero. They freaked out anytime one of the girls shoved them, was almost as good as the concert itself. There were a lot of destroyed glasses scattered across the floor at the end.

Worst crowd to be accidentally trapped in is at a HIM concert. Those little bitches are vicious. And I don't know about you but having my tits bounce of the back of a bunch of screaming crazy chicks heads all night is not a fun way too see a concert.

Jul 15, 2013 11:05 PM ET #4 (permalink)

Sorry to hear that. Personally, I like to bounce my head on crazy chicks' tits at concerts. Unfortunately, I have yet to go to such a concert. Most of the local shows around here are sausage fests... well little smokies in tight pants.
These young -core kids are making me feel old. Lol

Nov 26, 2013 6:56 PM ET #5 (permalink)

Don't get me started on the -core kids. I went to a Mayhem show last year and some kid hardcore danced. Someone beat the shit out of him for it and he bled his way out the door. I mean I'm not a bully or anything but hardcore dancing at a black metal show is pretty much asking for it.

pyretta, excuse me while I perv out to thinking of your tits bouncing...though I have yet to see them.

Dec 2, 2013 8:32 PM ET #6 (permalink)

My coworker took me to an underground hardcore concert in Spokane. Kids started hardcore dancing and I had no idea what it was. I started laughing my ass off then my coworker and all his friends started doing it too and then I realized that I was the weird one for thinking it was retarded.

Dec 3, 2013 8:15 AM ET #7 (permalink)

nope, hardcore is retarded

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum