"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Make Them Suffer “Neverbloom” review.

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Music Discussion >> Make Them Suffer “Neverbloom” review.

Displaying 1 post
Displaying 1 post
Jun 13, 2013 10:30 AM ET #1 (permalink)

Australia seems to be the recent hot bed of extreme metal activity.
First we’re graced by the pulverizing Thy Art Is Murder and now another Aussie act just got a worldwide release.
Make Them Suffer hails from Perth and is simply one of the most amazing bands I’ve heard in ages.
Their debut “Neverbloom” has been streaming on Youtube forever now but only in America have we been able to obtain a physical copy for roughly $40.00-$50.00.
I love the album but not THAT much!
Finally the band announced the album will get a worldwide release (mp3 only) next week, hence the review or I would have done one a while back.

Why should I care you ask?
Well, maybe you won’t……..
If you like Symphonic Metal you will.
Imagine, the brutal breakdowns of core but used with style and class instead of a crutch.
Black and death metal vox with the only cleans coming in a couple times from the female pianist.
Yes pianist……and that is what really makes this group so special.
Is a sea of keyboard wielding screamers it is the elegant ivories on Neverbloom that really set this group head and shoulders above the rest of the symphonic pack.
Neverbloom is simply a blend of mature, brutal and catchy songwriting that has kept me coming back to Youtube daily for almost a year now.
One word to describe the album is excellence.
Lyrics that for once don’t rely on Satanism, Shamanism, or Odinism……I really couldn’t detect any “ism’s” going on in the lyrics.
Somewhat poetic, maybe a tad corny in a few spots where the swearing comes in.
The cursing works with some music but not here, it’s a momentary distraction.
That and some of the songs seem to drag including the title track.
Those are my only two VERY minor complaints.
Other than that, this is one of my top albums from 2012 that I didn’t include on my 2012 Reflection thread simply because it wasn’t available here.
Easily one of symphonic metals finest and most original moments if you like this kind of metal than you owe it to yourself to check out the album stream on Youtube.
Stand out tracks.
“Morrow”
“Elegies”
“Maelstrom”
“Weeping Wastelands”
Amazing album worth your time, I’m overjoyed RR Aussie is making this available finally.

youtube.com/watch?v=RTHSp9PITH0

(This post was last edited on July 1, 2013 at 9:28 AM ET.)

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Music Discussion forum