"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Portal and Æon Spoke

Posted in: Forum Home >> Non-Metal Music Discussion >> Portal and Æon Spoke

Displaying 2 posts
Displaying 2 posts
Feb 5, 2010 2:33 AM ET #1 (permalink)

Never have I been more glad to be proven wrong then the first time I listened to Traced in Air by Cynic. Up to its release I thought this would be a bad idea to release an album 10 + years after the previous and stain your career. Traced in Air, however, doesn't apply as it is simply fabulous and recently has topped Focus in terms of favorite album by the band in my personal catalog.

This has sparked my interest in the other projects of the members of the band. I went back and listened to the old demo recordings of the Portal songs and was astounded. Now I'm curious does anyone know if anything by Portal is available at all, for purchase not download, and if anyone knows where I can find Æon Spoke recordings other then eBay? The purchases on eBay are way to overpriced and I would like to find something cheaper.

Feb 5, 2010 3:09 AM ET #2 (permalink)

The Portal release was actually a demo for record companies - there was no official release or artwork, the Portal cover most people show was just a piece of artwork associated with the release. Never really dug it, apart from the track "Circle" which I think is great.

AS used to have a website at EDIT: www.aeonspoke.com/ but it seems like it's down... If you like Radiohead like me then you'll like them - Yellowman (demo version) and Emmanuel are good tracks. They're signed to SPV, but last time I checked (Type O Negative are signed to them too) SPV do all their sales through Amazon. Which sucks cuz I like to get CDs from cool distros and get free stickers and stuff haha, and most of the time they do good shipping prices. Hope that helps.

(This post was last edited on February 5, 2010 at 3:10 AM ET.)

Reply to Discussion or Return to Non-Metal Music Discussion forum