"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Electro/Psy

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Music Discussion >> Electro/Psy

Displaying 12 posts
Displaying 12 posts
Jul 13, 2009 10:59 PM ET #1 (permalink)

Well, since there's a Hip-Hop thread, thought I'd see if anyone else is into electro stuff at all? I mostly dig psytrance (aka goa trance), but I don't mind the odd nu-breaks artist (Tipper is... inexplicably brilliant) and more mainstream stuff like Prodigy, Daft Punk, Presets, Pendulum etc.

Oh, and I want to recommend everyone check out dark psy - it's kind of like the metal of the electronica world. Hectic, intense stuff, man. Links: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_psytrance and www.thedarkpsyde.com

Jul 13, 2009 11:11 PM ET #2 (permalink)

I was sexually forced to listen to a band from Sweden called "The Sounds" by some of my sister's friends. I don't consider them to be Electro in any way, more like Synth-Pop. I saw them perform once and they surely know how to work a crowd.

Jul 13, 2009 11:21 PM ET #3 (permalink)

"I was sexually forced to li..."

Continue... hahah

Synth-Pop is probably one of my least favourite electro type genres (not including that 'happy hardcore' shit which is just fucking puke lol), but like most genres it has it's good and bad acts. I don't mind Ladyhawk too much, but I want Lady GaGa to die in a fire.

Jul 13, 2009 11:33 PM ET #4 (permalink)

Lady GaGa does need to die in a horrific accident.....right after I pee in her butt.

Jul 13, 2009 11:38 PM ET #5 (permalink)

"I was sexually forced to li..."

Continue... hahah

It was an ugly ending.

"But I want Lady GaGa to die in a fire"

hahaha!...How do you feel about Ultra German Techno artists like "Miss Destiny" and "Bubbles" ?

Jul 14, 2009 6:08 AM ET #6 (permalink)

Ultra German Techno artists? Man, I bet there's a lot of reasons I've never heard of them, that sounds disgraceful lol.

I'm pretty much a psy fan. I enjoy other forms of electro, but I don't really go out of my way to find it or listen to it; I might happen to hear a song on the radio, and if I like it I'll check 'em out, but other than that, I only really actively know about psytrance.

I'm probly missing out on a heap of good stuff tho, hey - recommendations? Gotta say, as far as good synth pop goes, I do find myself enjoying Empire of the Sun these days. Kind of like Presets without the sexual tension - more chill and spacey, I mean.

Jul 14, 2009 6:09 AM ET #7 (permalink)

Oh, and yeah, that is a butt I would totally pee in. Right on.

Jul 14, 2009 6:57 AM ET #8 (permalink)

Lady Gaga is a man, the internet says so.

Some friends of mine are big time into electroand I like some of it such as The Prodigy, Daft Punk, Stardust but overall I'm not a fan.

Jul 14, 2009 7:56 PM ET #9 (permalink)

Ok, so clearly not that many metalheads into electronica (surprise! lol)

How do you guys feel about metal bands that use electro type stuff in their sound? Obviously, most of them are probably nu-metal bands and aren't all that great, but what about bands like Genghis Tron? Dig it? Prefer if they stuck to straight up metal?

Jul 14, 2009 10:18 PM ET #10 (permalink)

I like some electro music, but I really don't know any of the bands' names; a friend of mine is obsessed though, so I'm just starting to get more into this genre.

As far as Genghis Tron goes, I don't think they should change a thing. "Board Up the House" was brilliant.

Jul 20, 2009 11:43 AM ET #11 (permalink)

Just get your electro fix by listening to Swedish or Norwegian bands. Listen to Dark Tranquility they use a lot of synth and you won't be called a creepy ravehead pussy for listening to it.

Creepy Ravehead Pussy.

Jul 20, 2009 6:07 PM ET #12 (permalink)

Genghis tron...the entire appeal of that band is the contrast and melding of the synth and grindcore sound.

If they were just grind, then there are a million other grind bands I could look for that do it just as good, if not better. if they were just synth, or techno, or whatever you want to call it, I'm sure there are also hundreds of other groups that do it better or just as good.

So no, they should not change a damn thing, because that's fucking awesome.

Related, Both "Ted Maul" and "the Berzerker" are drum and bass death metal, although they are less rediculous of course thant Genghis tron is, but still worth a check out, if only to realize the potential of combining music genres like that.

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Music Discussion forum