"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Tv shows

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> Tv shows

Displaying 22 posts
Displaying 22 posts
Feb 4, 2010 1:17 AM ET #1 (permalink)

I duno if this has been done but im doing it anyway
Tv shows ... what you like , reccomend ??

I'll start with mine

True blood ,Dexter, Fringe , Sarah Connor Chronicels ( so devoed they canceled it !!) Family guy .. theres some that i like but these i love ..

(This post was last edited on February 4, 2010 at 1:20 AM ET.)

Feb 4, 2010 1:42 AM ET #2 (permalink)

There is a music channel here in Canada called LOUD that often plays Heavy Metal and Hard Rock. Occasionally, they will play Punk. Usually when I watch television, 95% of the time I am watching that channel.

I love watching Destination Truth, Gary Unmarried, Ghost Hunters, Ghost Hunters International, Metalocalypse, The Simpsons, TNA iMPACT! & Two and a Half Men.

I recently got into a show called Operation Repo. Does anyone watch that show? It's a reenactment series about events that have happened to Repo Men. It's pretty funny! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AoyArGZH3Q

Feb 4, 2010 7:23 AM ET #3 (permalink)

Old Simpsons, old Family Guy, South Park, TNA Impact, Charlie Brooker's Screenwipe/Newswipe, Futurama, they just started showing The Cleveland Show over here and that was pretty good so I'll stay watching that, Star Stories, Harry & Paul, Star Trek (original, TNG and occasionally DS9) and older British sitcoms like Bottom, Only Fools And Horses and Fawlty Towers.

Feb 4, 2010 9:57 AM ET #4 (permalink)

Fringe is the only one I really look forward to every week. 24 is ok, but usually drags at some point each season. I like Heroes, but am not caught up this year (8pm shows conflict w/ putting kids to bed). Watching Lost...unimpressed so far...can't wait til it's over finally. I keep forgetting to watch Blue Mountain State or whatever the new series is on Spike. The first one was pretty funny. It's a combination of 80's style comedies and reminds me of American Pie in some ways.

(This post was last edited on February 8, 2010 at 12:59 PM ET.)

Feb 4, 2010 10:11 AM ET #5 (permalink)

SJ: True Blood and Dexter are the shit big time. I get the entire season on Netflix as soon as they release and watch them all weekend. Also love the Family Guy. The Office (american and English versions are both good). I also ejoy Deadliest Catch from Discovery Channel. Rome was a good series as well.

Feb 4, 2010 10:43 AM ET #6 (permalink)

Another fan of Dexter and True Blood here.!
I buy the whole season on DVD so I can get stoned and watch the whole thing in a day :)
As for regular TV shows, Fringe, Destination Truth and Monster Quest. Although, in all reality I dont get a chance to sit down and watch TV that often. So most of time Im watching these shows online.

(This post was last edited on February 4, 2010 at 10:44 AM ET.)

Feb 5, 2010 3:12 PM ET #7 (permalink)

Nice to see "Fringe" getting love...I've described it as X-Files on crack. Speaking of crack, I love "Intervention", though it hasn't been as good this season. Others I like in addition to those mentioned previously...

I survived
Medium
Sports in general

Feb 5, 2010 4:56 PM ET #8 (permalink)

The X-Files use to do a lot of filming in my old neighbourhood. There were a few episodes that were filmed across the lake from me. I use to sit on our back deck and watch them. Sometimes we'd get invited to get up close when they were filming.

Feb 5, 2010 4:58 PM ET #9 (permalink)

I don't have a TV, but I do watch a lot of shows on Hulu and Netflix. Let's see... Dexter, Bones, X-Files, Colbert Report/Daily Show, Weeds, Californication, Scrubs, Firefly, Angel, and probably a couple others I'm forgetting right now, haha. I've been meaning to check out True Blood and Dollhouse, just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Edited for typo.

(This post was last edited on February 5, 2010 at 5:00 PM ET.)

Feb 5, 2010 5:03 PM ET #10 (permalink)

Anybody ever watch Masters Of Horror? Great show. I love how each episode is like a miniature Horror movie.

Feb 5, 2010 6:05 PM ET #11 (permalink)

Yeah, Fringe totally appeals to the X-files fan in me, but the writing is perhaps even better. The comic relief (mostly from Walter) is absolutely awesome. And it's always well timed, not really detracting from the overall themes at all. The weirder the show gets, the more I seem to like it too. They've been going down the more weird and sick paths of late, so I'm liking this season a lot.

Feb 8, 2010 1:00 PM ET #12 (permalink)

I finally caught up on the Blue Mountain State (on Spike) the other day when they ran a marathon of episodes up til the latest. Man, they have some over the top crazy/sick/offensive stuff. Overall funny, but they definitely overdo it at times.

Feb 8, 2010 3:01 PM ET #13 (permalink)

must say criminal minds old family guy
sparticus

Feb 21, 2010 11:11 PM ET #14 (permalink)

Yeah blue mountain state takes it a bit far at times, can be funny though. But straight up, OLD Simpsons, South Park, Planet Earth, Sopranos (yeah I know It's over), used to be really big into Lost but after the end of that 3rd season just can't watch that show anymore, too retarded, and The Ultimate Fighter, I find that shit to be quite addicting.

Feb 22, 2010 3:18 AM ET #15 (permalink)

I cannot for the life of me sit through an episode of Fringe, but that's probably because X-Files was before my time. Deadliest Catch, Storm Chasers, and Myth Busters are all good Discovery shows. It's Always Sunny and Arrested Development are probably my all-time favorites, can't wait for the Arrested movie! And it was only on for one season but Worst Week was fuckin hilarious.

Feb 22, 2010 9:55 PM ET #16 (permalink)

Channels: history, discovery, sci fi, espn, fsc, nhl center ice

tv shows: ghost hunters, storm chasers, whale wars, the office (american and british versions although i dont get some of the jokes on the british version because i dont know anything about the pop culture over there), community, the comcast metal channel (915), family guy (not really funny anymore, its like they recycle jokes) and sports.

Feb 22, 2010 10:36 PM ET #17 (permalink)

Dexter, How I Met Your Mother and the Big Bang Theory...and whatever's on the Food Network.

Feb 23, 2010 2:07 PM ET #18 (permalink)

i mostly watch series on dvd. i dont watch t.v. i refuse to be manipulated by commercials and reality tv shows. i dont even have cable on my big screen. just up stairs in the bedroom to watch simpson, that 70s show or southpark when going to bed.
i am big on dexter, tru blood, crimminal minds, breaking bad and ncis (guilty pleasure)
i am also big on sopranos and the all time greatest (even better than dexter) carnival
i have a huge dvd collection :)

Apr 30, 2015 3:26 PM ET #19 (permalink)

BUMP!

I've been really hung up on The Americans on FX. For those that haven't heard about it, it is centered around two Russian agents posing as husband and wife in the Washington DC suburbs. It's set during the Reagan era Cold War in the early 80's and stars Kerri Russell and Matthew Rhys (who I hadn't heard of until this show) as the two spies who balance their marriage and kids with their spy missions. I find it incredibly well written with multiple story arcs and amazing acting from the entire cast. Oh and the producer is a former CIA officer.

Season three just finished up last Wednesday. If you haven't seen it, hunt for it on FX, Amazon Prime, or Netflix.

May 5, 2015 2:52 PM ET #20 (permalink)

vikings

May 8, 2015 4:25 PM ET #21 (permalink)

Definately a fan of Vikings. Been watching a lot of Netflix stuff lately. Good stuff. I think my last series was Bloodline. Daredevil was also quite good.

May 13, 2015 12:27 PM ET #22 (permalink)

I'll have to check out Vikings sounds interesting.

Here's one of my favorite scenes from The Americans.

youtube /watch?v=04od6fp0Ouc

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum