"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

New Member Intro/Welcome Thread

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> New Member Intro/Welcome Thread

Displaying posts 151 - 175 of 741 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 29 30 Last
Displaying posts 151 - 175 of 741 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 29 30 Last
Apr 26, 2010 5:43 PM ET #151 (permalink)

hanjob you are a busy dude

Apr 26, 2010 5:52 PM ET #152 (permalink)

Indeed, that's a pretty impressive musical resume. I've played guitar for seven years now, and have been wanting to pick up drums and piano for quite some time, but with my current living situation that's a little difficult at the moment. I have a friend and very near-future roommate who has a pretty neat electric piano and can play it proficiently, so I'll probably start learning on that come August.

(This post was last edited on April 26, 2010 at 5:53 PM ET.)

Apr 26, 2010 6:48 PM ET #153 (permalink)

as far as just sittin around and playin an insturment, piano is my fav. I cant really get into playin sax unless im playin with a group of musicians and, for me anyway, the same goes for bass. I like to just sit and jam to songs on my drum kit but if im just wantin to get melodies and shit outta my head then i always revert back to the piano. Its a really awesome insturment once u learn to play and it very much helps u learn ur scales/chords/majors/minors and all that good shit. I would recomend the piano to anybody who is interested in any style of music if they r wantin to learn about playing music. I guess u could say that i have been busy, but to me its the same as sittin down and playin xbox or watchin a movie.....its just something that i LOVE to do and i plan to continue playing music until the day i die.

Apr 26, 2010 6:54 PM ET #154 (permalink)

I'm going to continue to masturbate and use my own feces for lube for as long as I live. But then... I'm a bit of an over achiever. Always have been.

Apr 26, 2010 6:59 PM ET #155 (permalink)

hahahahaha nice

May 3, 2010 12:12 AM ET #156 (permalink)

Hi, I'm Alex. I'm 16, originally from the East Coast but now I've ended up in Shanghai, China (of all places). I love Metal, and I only have 2 other friends that do as well. The people here are all into Justin Bieber and shit like that, but I'm trying to convert them. I used to play guitar a while back, before I was dubbed a metal-head, but lost interest. I've rekindled my love for my beautiful Ibanez ax and actually enjoy the guitar now. I quickly learnt that metal is actually fun to play on guitar. I just finished learning the classic Iron Man by Sabbath (hence, my name). I love the old and new metal. I'm trying to get into the extreme heavy stuff, and I slowly am. I really like A7X (don't hurt me), as they were my portal to metal. I am using that to convert all of south-east Asia to metal.

May 5, 2010 8:29 AM ET #157 (permalink)

Hi, I'm Ray, and I'm 14. I'm from Taiwan and I'm converting my fellow nerds through neoclassical, progressive, and atmospheric metal. Not pop metal. Played piano since I was four, started cello in 3rd grade and changed to bass in 5th grade. Played guitar since new years eve before 2009, and I shred maniacally.

EDIT: If anyone's wondering, yeah that's my eye.

(This post was last edited on May 5, 2010 at 8:29 AM ET.)

May 5, 2010 11:48 AM ET #158 (permalink)

Welcome to the Mighty MU Rayze. I've seen you around.

May 5, 2010 11:59 AM ET #159 (permalink)

No welcome for me, Blindgreed??

May 5, 2010 9:59 PM ET #160 (permalink)

HAIL!
Doug Williams is here! (BASSIST)
The guy who played BASS with CEPHALIC CARNAGE from Denver 1995-1997
ORIGIN-1998-2001

Just getting aquainted!

LOOKING FOR A SAME TYPE / CALIBER BAND NOW!

Doug at: SABOT-7@COMCAST.NET

(This post was last edited on May 8, 2010 at 2:25 AM ET.)

May 5, 2010 10:16 PM ET #161 (permalink)

welcome aboard, Sabot-7 and TheIronMan!

May 6, 2010 11:02 AM ET #162 (permalink)

Welcome, new guys. Hope you enjoy your time here. Feel free to leave feedback in the feedback and bugs forum - I'm happy to take suggestions from members old and new.

May 6, 2010 11:08 AM ET #163 (permalink)

A hearty welcome to TheIronMan and Sabot-7!

Sabot-7: See you back in the musicians corner.

May 7, 2010 9:25 AM ET #164 (permalink)

Roger that Blindgreed1 !!

May 11, 2010 11:04 PM ET #165 (permalink)

Hello ,
I'm an 19 year old guitarist for an up and coming Death/Groove Metal band called An Athair in Brisbane ,Australia.
I love metal music and love to hear what others have to say about the genre.
I go to all the metal shows when my favourite bands past by and always read the metal news on MetalUnderground.

My influences are : Dimebag Darrell , Marty Friedmen and Chuck Schuldiner.
Im always looking at jamming with other locals.

May 12, 2010 3:54 PM ET #166 (permalink)

Hi to all the new members! :D

May 15, 2010 6:02 AM ET #167 (permalink)

bunch of new members
welcome
hornsup to you all

bg you made me do the same thing just now
masrubate but no lube
my wife still sleeps i am in the bedroom hope she wakes up and gives me some head

May 20, 2010 2:29 AM ET #168 (permalink)

Kvlt is back after outraging a terrible disorder in the society. Hail brutality!!!

May 21, 2010 2:08 AM ET #169 (permalink)

Hi all,

My name is Ronald and I am from the Netherlands.
I am a huge metal fan for a lot of years.
I like Brutal,Death,Black and Thrash metal.

Some of my favorite bands are:
Deicide
Die
Morbid Angel
Immortal
Nevermore
Slayer
Pantera
Dying Fetus
Marduk
And a lot more :)

I have my own metal forum and hope that metalunderground will place the link on the site.
Metal World
http://ronaldruby.nl/Forum/index.php

Stay Brutal!!!

May 28, 2010 9:31 AM ET #170 (permalink)

hey im Kerry...
Im a musician from the uk. I play the Violin, Guitar, Organ and Ocarina. My main interests are classical music and many genres of metal including melodic death, black, prog, and old skool ^_^

May 28, 2010 4:32 PM ET #171 (permalink)

I usually don't check this one out as you'll all come around sooner or later, in any case, Great to you have you all with us, Welcome!

May 28, 2010 5:43 PM ET #172 (permalink)

Hi my name is Kurtis and I am new to metal underground and still fairly new to metal in general. my favorite mainstream bands are job for a cowboy, cannibal corpse, deicide, machine head, mushroomhead, shai hulud, and dimmu borgir. my favorite indie bands are coffinworm, slow motion enslavement and the gates of slumber. I try to tell people my favorite mainstream and underground bands because I consider them to be different types. (at least in my opinion)although the gates of slumber are hardly underground now...

May 29, 2010 12:41 PM ET #173 (permalink)

Hey there everybody!

May 29, 2010 9:48 PM ET #174 (permalink)

Hi Natsquatch! Oh, you mean them...

May 30, 2010 3:09 PM ET #175 (permalink)

Maybe I should have read before posting my own thread....I'm blonde sometimes...Anyways, I'm Allie, 24 grew up in the metal scene here in Dallas/Ft. Worth... My aunt and mom are the reason I'm a metal head. I rarely listen to anything else. So anyways, just wanted to say hello.

\m/

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum