"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

New Member Intro/Welcome Thread

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> New Member Intro/Welcome Thread

Displaying posts 601 - 625 of 741 1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 29 30 Last
Displaying posts 601 - 625 of 741 1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 29 30 Last
Nov 29, 2011 11:39 AM ET #601 (permalink)

indeed new iced earth a great album you all should check out havok a great band

Nov 29, 2011 4:27 PM ET #602 (permalink)

Hey ThrashtillDeathTFV - I haven't even gotten around to listening to it yet, which is not to say I'm not looking forward to it just that there's so much good music around at the moment I'm overwhelmed! Actually I listened to "Focus" again yesterday, never loses it's charm.

I ran through the new IE once and although I wasn't blown away it seemed pretty solid. Stu seemed to fit in pretty naturally. Maybe I'm just burnt out on them, I was listenining to them a lot recently.

Nov 29, 2011 5:01 PM ET #603 (permalink)

ZMA

Cynic, I liked to new IE, but after the first song, I think the album starts to fall short. The title track is the heaviest song on the album. But I agree that it's a solid album and a decent way to break into listening to this band. Sorry to but in that convo lol.

Nov 29, 2011 9:55 PM ET #604 (permalink)

I was just commenting in the top 20 releases thread how I was disappointed with the new Iced Earth. I really wanted to like it and I like the singer, but I wasn't feeling the music. I've felt like it's been a bit uninspired for several releases now and I haven't really been excited for the band since Horror Show and earlier Barlow era material.

And welcome Ian, devoid, cbella and ThrashtillDeathTFV!

(This post was last edited on November 29, 2011 at 9:57 PM ET.)

Nov 30, 2011 5:43 AM ET #605 (permalink)

I love this site because the fucking owner (deathbringer) welcomes noobs

Nov 30, 2011 1:09 PM ET #606 (permalink)

Very privileged to be welcomed by the man himself - great website!!! Congratulations!
Wilco - u live on an even smaller island than me - u must have very limited metal crowd there!

Nov 30, 2011 2:34 PM ET #607 (permalink)

*starts packin his bags* what Island you live on cbella?

Nov 30, 2011 4:25 PM ET #608 (permalink)

the island of...north america

Nov 30, 2011 5:26 PM ET #609 (permalink)

Cyprus isn't on our continent FAN. See... you go and cut your hair and the next thing you know nothing about geography. So after looking at a map Cyprus is a pretty big Island and I always thought Cyprus was a collection of islands but it stands alone. Interesting. Looks like a beautiful place to live although i'm sure you don't get to see a lot of concerts unless you have the means to fly to the mainland.

(This post was last edited on November 30, 2011 at 5:39 PM ET.)

Nov 30, 2011 6:49 PM ET #610 (permalink)

Blind: You dumb bastard

Nov 30, 2011 7:44 PM ET #611 (permalink)

ZMA

DB, I just went and finally listened to some old Iced Earth. But like Gene Adams era Iced Earth. That shit is good dude. I can feel the energy in that first Iced Earth album that I just couldn't feel with any of their other music I tried to listen to over the years. I'm feeling this. I think I might delete most of their new album except the title track cause I really dig that song.

Nov 30, 2011 11:27 PM ET #612 (permalink)

BlindGreed1: We get some bands here, Sodom was here last weekend and Iced Earth are here in 10 days. I travel around Europe a lot and try to see a different festival each year! I like a lot of the Scandinavian bands!

I'm probably the only tanned metal fan when i go to the festivals - u can't avoid the damn sun here ;)

Dec 1, 2011 12:49 AM ET #613 (permalink)

See, I deleted the 1st IE album, cause I thought it was ass. Musically, it was just alright, but the vocalist was feckin horrible. The Glorious Burden is fantastic though.

Dec 1, 2011 11:35 AM ET #614 (permalink)

I liked the years with out barlow in IE but they where the strongest with him with albums like Somthing Wicked, Dark Sagas, Burnt Offerings. I was not a huge fan of the vocals of the first releases ither but solid songs. Stu seems to sound like barlow and the ripper at times so id say thats the best singer they could of possible found for the band. Regardless i gota catch them with Symphony X! and Warbringer! next year :)

Dec 1, 2011 11:57 AM ET #615 (permalink)

I'm sorry cbella, I was so taken aback by your beauty, I almost forgot to properly welcome you to the mighty MU \m/\m/... Now go fist yourself ;-) There's a lot of tanned metalheads here in Arizona as well, so you're not alone. The sun here is beyond unavoidable... It's downright Br00tal.

Dec 1, 2011 12:25 PM ET #616 (permalink)

Matt Barlow & Dave Mustaine - 2 rocking gingers!

Blindgreed1: Wow! What a charmer! :) Arizona? Many metalheads there? I thought ur all supposed to be perky and preppy there ;)

Dec 1, 2011 12:51 PM ET #617 (permalink)

That's the facade we portray during daylight hours. At night the creepies come to crawl across the desert floor. That's where you'll find the metalheads. Eating the creepies off the floor. lol. We have a descent scene between Tucson and Phoenix. Phoenix is often referred to as "little LA" now so I spend my time down here in the old Pueblo unless a band I wanna see isn't comming down here. Then i'm forced into the sweaty armpit of the Southwest. Lol.

Dec 1, 2011 12:53 PM ET #618 (permalink)

Damn you're easy on the eyes. ;-)

Dec 1, 2011 1:18 PM ET #619 (permalink)

Haha - r u just back paddling from the 'go fist yourself' comment?!? You must be quite the stud with the ladies ;)

Not been to Arizona before, travelled around California - not my kind of place! All the men seem to shave their chests! haha

Dec 1, 2011 1:26 PM ET #620 (permalink)

No the fisting comment is the traditional MU welcome n00b comment. Means you're one of us now. ;-) Not a whole lot of "metro-sexuals" here. Just being honest. You're a looker and I'm probably old enough to be your father so now I'm the creepy old guy. lol.

Dec 1, 2011 1:38 PM ET #621 (permalink)

Haha - that's cool - I guess I have Daddy issues coz I like the older men ;) The rougher around the edges the better ;)

What r u listening to out there in Arizona?

Dec 1, 2011 1:48 PM ET #622 (permalink)

o.0 You made it move. lol. That's me in my avi BTW.

Been spinning a lot of Amon Amarth lately. Not sure why. Maybe to help usher in the colder weather. Followed by my latest crush in "Farsot". Friend of mine just turned me on to them. I posted a link in the extreme meal section. Other than that just the usual doses of Lamb of God, Machine Head, Slayer etc... You?

Dec 1, 2011 2:10 PM ET #623 (permalink)

ZMA

I just lol'd throughout that whole convo with Blind and cb. I smile everytime I see that fisting comment. You better watch out Blind, you could be raped at any moment by that cb girl. Make sure you got on that chastity belt. But make sure it's the turbo with the added 360 degree revolving lasers.

ap, I don't know man, I actually liked Adam's vocals a lot on that album for some reason. Barlow is awesome and so is Ripper but Gene really caught my attention. I still think Stu Block is the best vocalist they've ever had hands down though. He's got more range then all of them and he does death vox. Block's a badass lol. Too bad the album isn't that good. =[

Dec 1, 2011 2:10 PM ET #624 (permalink)

Lol - Nice pic - u a singer? It would make sense - psychotic megalomaniac! hahaha

Listening to killswitchengage, asking alexandria, bring me the horizon, suicide silence, rise to remain, times of grace. Just checked out Farsot - didn't know them but they're great!

Isn't it the morning with u in sunny Arizona? Don't u work? Or r u that old that ur now living off ur pension? It's 9pm here!

Dec 1, 2011 2:18 PM ET #625 (permalink)

R10

Little does cbella know she's been nominated as MU queen on a differant thread. Not too shabby,been around for a week,already nominated for a crown.

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum