"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

New Member Intro/Welcome Thread

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> New Member Intro/Welcome Thread

Displaying posts 576 - 600 of 741 1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 29 30 Last
Displaying posts 576 - 600 of 741 1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 29 30 Last
Nov 22, 2011 6:30 AM ET #576 (permalink)

Fights to the death? No. They tend to challenge eachother to see who can hate Capitalism the most while excelling at it. And basketball, chinks love their basketball. Then they challenge the white guy who is bigger than all of them. No wonder they hate us.

The fact that CoB performs at Japan is why I hate Shanghai. Metal bands go to Japan, Korea, Singapore. Even Beijing! But not Shanghai. Commie bastards. There are rumors of a Lamb of God concert in February, but I'll believe it when I see it.

I must say, you look mighty Japanese in your avatar.

Nov 22, 2011 10:28 AM ET #577 (permalink)

Hello there

I'm new, please be gentle with me.

Ian from England..................... and I'm relocating to a land down under in the new year.

So I thought I might get myself onto a forum before I arrive.

I just love rock & metal.......... although I don't go to the heavier end, been around too long for that.

Check out www.hardrockhell.com that's where you'll find me first weekend of December, the best festival this side of the equator! (IMHO)

thanks for reading my stuff folks.

Nov 22, 2011 10:46 AM ET #578 (permalink)

Welcome i-a-n! Nice to read a fellow Englishman! Where abouts are you from?

I've been thinking about going to Hard Rock Hell for a while, I think it's sold out now though.

Nov 22, 2011 5:35 PM ET #579 (permalink)

Welcome to the mighty MU Ian. Now go fist yourself.

Nov 23, 2011 8:18 AM ET #580 (permalink)

That's a damn shame - a fight to death is decent entertainment. All japan offers, in that respect, is sumo and the crazies on the train that hit themselves or play fight with toy figurines from their briefcases (That really happened by the way)

I've never been to Shanghai but you're really "selling it" to me here. Lamb of god are playing shanghai - on valentines day I think. I heard they were playing japan on their february tour, checked it out and saw it.
So I guess you're in luck!
And truthfully, I was adhering a little to the japanese halloween outfit stereotype by dressing as a character from a game. I was a silent hill nurse but without the nasty face shit.

Also, Ian, Hard rock hell has to be the craziest festival thing I've been to. Purely because it's in a pontins of all places.

Nov 23, 2011 1:39 PM ET #581 (permalink)

Hello all - I'm new here!!! A lot of talk about testicles here!
I live in europe. U all from the States?

Nov 23, 2011 3:06 PM ET #582 (permalink)

Welcome cbella! Jeez what's with all the chicks joining recently, can't we get some metal guys?! Haha - anyway, most are from the US although a good international spread too... actually I'm surprised there's not more Europeans on metal sites like these, I always hear that metal is huge in Europe and bands complain that's the only place they pull crowds when they tour.

Anyway, what have you been listening to lately?

Nov 23, 2011 5:56 PM ET #583 (permalink)

"Jeez what's with all the chicks joining recently, can't we get some metal guys?!"

You're dead to me.

Devoid, Shanghai is awesome. Oh, are the rules as lax in Japan as they are here? Because I've been going to clubs since I was 13 here and have been driving unlicensed for a couple years (I'm licensed in America, just not here).

Welcome, cbella! I'm from the States but I'm Swedish and live in China.

Nov 23, 2011 7:40 PM ET #584 (permalink)

Welcome :Devoid:, i-a-n and cbella! Hope you'll be engaging in some satisfying social intercourse elsewhere in the forums and articles!

Nov 23, 2011 7:52 PM ET #585 (permalink)

^hehe...he said intercourse.

You know what this site needs? Alchohol. Social interaction on here would skyrocket. Although I would be wary of viruses.

Nov 23, 2011 11:36 PM ET #586 (permalink)

Hey - thanks for the warm welcome! Right now I'm listening to a lot of metalcore and sludge but love all metal. I'm half Scottish, half Irish but live on a small island in the Mediterranean where we only get washed up rockers (Alice Cooper, Whitesnake - who i still love in a nostalgic way!). I travel a lot and intend on seeing something in the States soon :)

TheIronMan - My sister lived in Sweden and is dating a Swede - i went to Sweden Rock 2010! Love me some Skandi's :)

Nov 24, 2011 6:24 AM ET #587 (permalink)

I'll keep that in mind next time I'm in the Mediterranean (not the sea, the area)

Nov 24, 2011 7:02 AM ET #588 (permalink)

welcome cbella. glad you found the mighty MU!!!

Nov 24, 2011 7:15 AM ET #589 (permalink)

Welcome to the site cbella! There's a few Europeans here, me and a couple of others are English, we also have a Dutchman, a few Aussies, Cynic's from New Zealand and I think there's some more nationalities about too. It's a good group.

Nov 24, 2011 7:40 AM ET #590 (permalink)

TheIronMan - Depends on what rules you're on about. You can be completely wasted on the street... make a total fool of yourself and no one would bat an eyelid but heaven forbid you answer your phone on the train. I've never been Id'd here either.

Nov 24, 2011 12:21 PM ET #591 (permalink)

Nice international group!

TheIronMan: if there are any washed up rockers u wanna see, u will find them washed up on our shores here (I'm talking to u David Coverdale!!!)

I miss England so much!! I grew up in London, Buckinghamshire and Hertfordshire. I went to Download festival this summer, was great apart from the standard British rain!

I intend on going to an American show/festival soon to see how they compare but it'll take A LOT to live up to Scandinavia's love of all things metal!

Nov 24, 2011 7:05 PM ET #592 (permalink)

American festivals are nothing compared to the European ones! Save your time and $$$ and catch some European ones instead!!!

Nov 24, 2011 11:43 PM ET #593 (permalink)

Brandedcfh420: Thanks for the advice!!! The festivals i've been to in Europe would be hard to top!!!

Anyone remember Iced Earth??? or Sodom??? They r both playing here soon!!!! haha

Nov 25, 2011 12:17 AM ET #594 (permalink)

^in a few months I intend on seeing Iced Earth, Warbringer, and Symphony X, which I think adds up to the same, as long as you use an archaic form of trigo-calculus.

American festivals are just mockeries of European festivals in my opnion. Ozzfest and Mayhem fest are just large tours that mix a few underground-ish bands with mainstream acts to try and draw as many metalheads as possible, but there's very little substance to them. Ozzfest barely even exists anymore. Sounds of the Underground was cancelled years back, and Gigantour has been reduced to a REGULAR SIZED TOUR. Maryland Death Fest sounds awesome, but I have yet to go. Honestly, all metalheads here just want to one day travel to Wacken, like a more cvlt and br00tal Mecca.

Fuck you Europe.

Nov 25, 2011 12:31 AM ET #595 (permalink)

Haha - I went to Download festival in England this summer and they had a load of underground bands that didn't have much previous exposure.

Times of Grace were put on the smallest stage but rocked it so hard!! For some reason The Darkness got the main stage and KoRn were pushed onto the 2nd stage! Weird!

Not been to Waken yet - any good?

Nov 25, 2011 7:47 AM ET #596 (permalink)

NP maam. Sucks in America for festivals but hoping that changes in the coming years!!

Nov 25, 2011 7:50 AM ET #597 (permalink)

Wacken is one of those festivals that was amazing but in the last few years has become so big it's losing it a little bit.
Still, that being said, if you want to find the mecca of getting mangled with a load of like minded metalheads with a few decent bands thrown in - Wacken is the place to be. Plus they have good meat and mead :D

The best festival in England is by far Bloodstock.

Nov 29, 2011 8:14 AM ET #598 (permalink)

must say indeed wacken awsome but it became to big
for me i do love graspop and forta rock awsome festivals
aah cbella welcome o other person who lives on a island
i do live on bonaire
anyway welcome

Nov 29, 2011 11:05 AM ET #599 (permalink)

Yo Cynic! I have actully been listening to the new cynic ep abit lately ha, its pretty spectacular and im digging the new iced earth record with stu on vocals!

Nov 29, 2011 11:08 AM ET #600 (permalink)

Indeed here in the U.S as far as festivals go Ozzfest and Mayhem dont realy come close to the likes of Bloodstock and Wacken

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum