"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

New Member Intro/Welcome Thread

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> New Member Intro/Welcome Thread

Displaying posts 501 - 525 of 741 1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 29 30 Last
Displaying posts 501 - 525 of 741 1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 29 30 Last
Sep 1, 2011 1:22 PM ET #501 (permalink)

good to have fresh blood
so we old people are not alone

Sep 1, 2011 1:57 PM ET #502 (permalink)

ZMA

R10, yea you're probably right. I mean both bands are NWOBHM bands, but both are awesome in their own way. I just don't get why Maiden got so much bigger then Priest. I mean they've got their own plane. You gotta have mad money to have a fuckin' plane.

Welcome CR. Hope you enjoy your time here.

DJ, and BG. I'm a Dodge guy. I've been hooked on the 68/69 Chargers ever since I saw them. Dodge has always made pretty solid cars though. Drivin' around in a Caravan right now lol. Minivan Mafia!!

Sep 1, 2011 2:31 PM ET #503 (permalink)

R10

Yea,Z,those old Mopars were the shit! Had a bud who had a 69 Superbird,426 Hemi! Bad ass! I have a gararged 69 Camaro SS! 396,huggar orange with the white SS stripes. Im looking to pick up a 67 Chevy Impala SS,327. Hard to find ,but i got one in my sights that needs work. I got a good bud who rebuilds classics,helped him build and put together a 47 Ford Coupe,and also a midc 80's Chevy S10. He just purchased a 68 Pontiac Firebird,a total resto project,still has the origional 400 smallblock. Gonna be fun helping him throw it together this winter in the garage,putting her back into origional shape. Yup,Maiden and Priest,legends who shouldnt be compared! Love them both! Caravan? Thought i was bad with my Ford Exploder;and i say that affectionately,have owned her for 7 years.

Sep 1, 2011 5:51 PM ET #504 (permalink)

ZMA

Haha Ford Exploder. A friend of my dad who used to work for Ford said everyone in the shop called them that. But yea Caravan. First car was a bright turquoise 97 Dodge Caravan. I named it T-Pain, cause of the color, and because I drove it hard. I brought the pain son OOOOOOHHHH YYEEEEEAAAAA!!!! (Macho Man Savage voice)
Now I'm rollin' in a silver blue 03 Caravan. No nicknames. Hasn't wowed me enough to name it like T-Pain did lol.
You're big on cars though man. I wish I had rides like that. I used to wanna be a mechanic cause I was into it like that. But music overshadowed that dream and I have no problems with that. But you sound like you go at it hard body 10. Cars are the great, I just wish it wasn't so expensive to like them.

Sep 1, 2011 5:54 PM ET #505 (permalink)

ZMA, I have a 06 Chrysler 300, 6.1 liter hemi. Love it. Im a chevy guy at heart. But when those 300's came out, I had to have one. Fuckin expensive though. 375 a fucken tire. Doesnt come with a spare either. Good thing Ive only had one flat.

Sep 1, 2011 5:57 PM ET #506 (permalink)

ZMA

Yea KD I thought those things looked pretty nifty when I saw 'em. I'd like to at least drive one of those one day.

Sep 1, 2011 8:33 PM ET #507 (permalink)

ZMA:
Nothin' wrong with the old dodges in my book.
Webster defines Dodge with: to avoid. He must not be a fan.
I once heard Dodge stood for " 'Dem Ol' Dudes Go Ev'rywhere!"

The older Hemi's were beasts!

R10: Sounds like you've got some sweet rides! Good luck to your bud on the '68 Firebird. Also, not many non-pontiac people realize that the 326 thru 455 were all essentially the same basic block - Just different bores (and main bearing diameters on the 428 & 455).

BG: Props on the Pontiac love!! Hope you find a good Goat (or Tempest) Maybe Godlike can talk to ZMA about his GTX. ;)

Sounds like we might need a new thread for the metalhead/gearheads and stop polluting the new member one....

Sep 3, 2011 9:14 PM ET #508 (permalink)

thanks every one

(This post was last edited on September 3, 2011 at 9:20 PM ET.)

Sep 3, 2011 10:00 PM ET #509 (permalink)

Hey Crimson - does your name come from King Crimson's album Red or is that just a coincidence? Been listening to that a bit lately, great album.

Sep 4, 2011 4:13 PM ET #510 (permalink)

just coincidence but like you said great album. i came up with it when i was picking a name for the ps3, i hadnt heard to album yet though.

Sep 8, 2011 2:59 PM ET #511 (permalink)

I highly recommend KC. \m/\m/

Sep 13, 2011 3:42 PM ET #512 (permalink)

ZMA

DJ, yea I've always been a Dodge fan. One day..........one day I'll have that 69 Charger I'd also like to have an older Durango. I'd like to hear about Gl's GTX though.
And if that thread is created someone lemme know cause I wanna be all up in that.

Sep 13, 2011 4:58 PM ET #513 (permalink)

""And if that thread is created someone lemme know cause I wanna be all up in that.""

PERVERT!!!! haahahahaha

Sep 24, 2011 8:41 AM ET #514 (permalink)

Hey everyone, just a new forum member/human sacrifice stopping by to say hi. I've been a metal fan for 20+ years - anything from Darkane to Dissection to Nile - and I'm also the founder and lead guitarist of the Minnesota death/thrash band Under Eden. If you happen to live around Minneapolis/St. Paul, you've probably seen me at a show at one time or another, and I also am on quite a few music-related forums.

Sep 24, 2011 11:11 AM ET #515 (permalink)

Yo. Let me be the first to welcome you and give you a hearty "Go fist yourself"!

Sep 24, 2011 1:34 PM ET #516 (permalink)

WELCOME TO THE MIGHTY MU BRO!!

Sep 26, 2011 2:06 PM ET #517 (permalink)

Welcome Inazone! Under Eden sounds pretty brutal, technical, and intelligently written. Great stuff!

Sep 26, 2011 6:59 PM ET #518 (permalink)

Hi Inzane! (New name)

Welcome to the MU! We may want to see you fist yourself, but we're not gay.

Sep 26, 2011 7:11 PM ET #519 (permalink)

^i dunno about that, Nothinghead is a bit of a rainbow-swallower.

Oct 13, 2011 4:03 PM ET #520 (permalink)

Hello, I'm new to the forums although not to the site - I've submitted a few articles over the years. I'm an Aussie but this year I've moved to Poland, mostly for the metal. Got pretty broad tastes but most of the stuff I really love is either some flavor of death metal or a variation on doom/stoner. Oh, and I have an irrational obsession with Danzig. But other than that I'm quite normal.

Oct 13, 2011 6:21 PM ET #521 (permalink)

^I knew I recognized your name from somewhere. Well welcome...ummm....back!

Oct 14, 2011 5:52 AM ET #522 (permalink)

haha cheers dude :)

Oct 14, 2011 12:11 PM ET #523 (permalink)

Welcome to the forums, Goatlady! I've enjoyed your articles and your perspective from the otherside of the world.

Oct 15, 2011 12:36 PM ET #524 (permalink)

Cheers drum_junkie. Are you an actual drum junkie? I'm a wannabe drummer myself. Had to sell my kit in Australia before we moved to Poland and now there's no space where we live to get a new one :(

Oct 15, 2011 6:20 PM ET #525 (permalink)

Goatlady, yes I am a drum junkie. That's my drumset in my avatar. Sucks to hear about having to get rid of your kit. :(
I hope there is more room in your future for another set. Everyone should have the opportunity to beat off in front of people! haha

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum