"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

New Member Intro/Welcome Thread

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> New Member Intro/Welcome Thread

Displaying posts 351 - 375 of 741 1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 29 30 Last
Displaying posts 351 - 375 of 741 1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 29 30 Last
Dec 18, 2010 10:53 AM ET #351 (permalink)

aah some new members welcome to you all

Dec 18, 2010 10:11 PM ET #352 (permalink)

What? Jarlsworth, that's awesome!!! Wow, I litterally can't unglue myself from that music. You don't even like it? The breakdowns are sick!

Dec 20, 2010 2:35 AM ET #353 (permalink)

AP: Really? I've lived here for about 5 or 6 years. That's pretty crazy, though.

Zotis: There was another song, but I lost the CD that it was on and I think our other guitarist took it off of the profile. He got a little bit butthurt when I quit the band, but the breakdown on that one was ridiculously long.

I always had fun playing this one, though :P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7D-r2W21Hk

I sucked so hard at vocals back then. Even more than I do now lol.

Dec 20, 2010 7:30 AM ET #354 (permalink)

Um... yeah I wasn't so fond of the Christmas carole made hardcore....

Hmm, would you by any chance be willing to give out your friend's email so I can ask him to email me the song or something? I even showed your stuff to people on another Metal forum and they had some constructive criticism but overall liked it. :D

(This post was last edited on December 20, 2010 at 7:31 AM ET.)

Dec 21, 2010 3:27 AM ET #355 (permalink)

That band was over ages ago I don't really talk to the other guy anymore. I wouldn't want to play in it anyways. Too much basic boring crap. But I suppose I'm glad somebody likes it... I guess lol ;)

Dec 31, 2010 4:18 PM ET #356 (permalink)

Welcome to the mighty MU JW. Good luck finding any core band that isn't breakdown crazy. That's gonna be a tough gig to find.

Dec 31, 2010 8:00 PM ET #357 (permalink)

Hi everyone.. I'm new on this forum so I thought to introduce myself.. I'm from Serbia.. U can see bands and things that interest me most on my profile page.. Looking forward to contributing on here.. If u have any questions feel free to ask..!!

Dec 31, 2010 8:12 PM ET #358 (permalink)

Welcome to the MIGHTY M.U. How"s the scene over there?

Jan 4, 2011 11:49 AM ET #359 (permalink)

Erenui: Welcome to the mighty MU. You've listed some of my all time favorite bands in your profile along with my favorite sciences. Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry all are "brootal sciences" as is my favorite Hematology. I think you and I are gonna get along just fine. \m/\m/!!!

Jan 4, 2011 12:16 PM ET #360 (permalink)

Aw BG found a friend.......

Jan 4, 2011 12:18 PM ET #361 (permalink)

Shhhhh.... He doesn't know me yet. Don't jinx me. ;-)

Jan 7, 2011 10:56 PM ET #362 (permalink)

Awe well, thanks anyway Jarlsworth. And it may be fairly basic, but it's not as basic as Billy Talent, yet they're making millions... and I found it actually did have a decent amount of origionality. Even if you yourself didn't particularily like it.

Someday I want to visit the Middle East just for it's music scene.

(This post was last edited on January 7, 2011 at 10:59 PM ET.)

Feb 11, 2011 1:25 AM ET #363 (permalink)

g'day all!

i've been lurking on the site for a few months now, finally thought i'd sign up and be a tad more proactive.

so errrrr.... how are we?

Feb 11, 2011 1:32 AM ET #364 (permalink)

whoa last post jan 7 .... might be a while before i get a reply.

Feb 11, 2011 3:11 AM ET #365 (permalink)

Nah threads get bumped to the top like any other forum. Welcome, what sort of bands have you been listening to lately?

Feb 11, 2011 3:18 AM ET #366 (permalink)

hmmmm lately: asking alexandria, baptized in blood, beyond the embrace, black dahlia murder, amity affliction... to name a few.

am waiting on a few albums to drop very soon.
devildriver's for one. seeing them early march, should be a great gig!

Feb 11, 2011 4:04 AM ET #367 (permalink)

Hmm not really my sort of stuff - awesome that your getting out to some gigs though, I suppose a decent amount would come through Sydney. Listening to an Aussie band called Mournful Congregation right now as it happens. We get next to nothing in NZ - though next weekend I'm going to see Melvins and High on Fire. Will be perfect.

Feb 11, 2011 6:18 AM ET #368 (permalink)

Love the avatar Freshforit!

Feb 11, 2011 6:04 PM ET #369 (permalink)

yeah it's a bit different ... i grew up on old thrash like sepultura & pantera.
years ago i tried listening to this sort of style and didnt like it. but then i "accidentally" saw some live and it was awesome so there you go. that's how musical taste(s) evolve i guess! these days i don't really enjoy listening to what i grew up on (except for pantera; they're a constant), for the most part.

there's a tonne of awesome gigs coming through sydney but what's a shame is that i'm sure i dont know about a lot more. <;3 the small pub gigs

thanks diamond! it makes me smile haha.

Feb 11, 2011 11:28 PM ET #370 (permalink)

'Sup. New here.

To save typing another description, check my profile.

<;<;<;<;<;<;<;<;

The name is pretty appropriate, I think.

Grew up on folk, buegrass, classic rock, hard rock, almost every kind of metal, punk rock and hardcore punk.

Oh yeah and I'm a car guy. 'cept that sweetass '69 Charger ain't mine as cars like that cost a bomb to fuel and insure over here in the UK.

Retro Hot Rods & Muscle Cars + Heavy Metal - The perfect combination!

\m/ -- \m/

Feb 12, 2011 11:18 AM ET #371 (permalink)

Welcome to the Mighty MU sir....\,,/(**)\,,/

Feb 12, 2011 12:51 PM ET #372 (permalink)

^^^

Stay away from that guy.

Feb 12, 2011 12:53 PM ET #373 (permalink)

^^ never believe anything he says, he in china. anyone in china cannot be trusted!!

Feb 12, 2011 4:49 PM ET #374 (permalink)

Just seen the beow comment, hence the edit.

Thanks guys! =-D

Blllaaaauuuurrrrgggghhhh!!!

(This post was last edited on February 12, 2011 at 8:43 PM ET.)

Feb 12, 2011 6:37 PM ET #375 (permalink)

i think iron man was referring to branded

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum