"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

New Member Intro/Welcome Thread

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> New Member Intro/Welcome Thread

Displaying posts 326 - 350 of 742 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 29 30 Last
Displaying posts 326 - 350 of 742 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 29 30 Last
Nov 2, 2010 11:49 PM ET #326 (permalink)

Welcome all new people!

Zotis - That's a nice list of bands you are listening too!
Gotta love the death metals!

Nov 3, 2010 12:02 AM ET #327 (permalink)

Thanks Trendkill91 and brandedcfh420 for the welcome. Yeah see the thing about Emotional Hardcore is I think I'm in love with it ever since I realised what it actually was. I think most people who would make fun of it probably couldn't name a singe band that falls within the genre, they'd probably just name some lame mainstream Emo band like Fall Out Boy, which is basically a perversion of Emo closer to Pop. Emotional Hardcore bands I'm into are Gospel, Guyver One, Moss Icon, Heroin...

I'm actually used to taking quite a bit of abuse on some forums, from just looking around the site you guys seem much more reserved and mature about the way you discuss things. And tollerant. I'm used to annoying kids who think everything they don't like sucks.

As for Death Metal, for the longest time I didn't like it at all until I heard Death. Even then Death was merely the one exception. Until I heard Morbid Angel's Alter of Madness, and The Chasm. What are some Death Metal bands you'd reccomend? I'm not particularily fond of Whitechapel.

Nov 3, 2010 1:16 AM ET #328 (permalink)

Whitechapel are more in the 'deathcore' genre of death metal.
I'd you like Morbid Angel, Maybe try Bendiction or Decapitated. Decapitated are the shit!

Nov 3, 2010 1:56 AM ET #329 (permalink)

Benediction are okay, Decapitated I'm not so fond of (At least the stuff of their's I've heard). I did stumble across the band Origin while I was listening to Decapitated and I must say Origin is pretty sweet!

I do like some Deathcore too, Arsonists Get All the Girls, And Hell Followed With, Breeze of the Dying, Elysia, Kakuna vs Metapod, The Red Chord, Brain Drill...

I'll have to check out the Death Metal forum for sure though... oh man there's just so much it's hard to decide where to look next for more awesome music!

Nov 3, 2010 11:49 AM ET #330 (permalink)

Welcome Zotis!

Nov 3, 2010 9:51 PM ET #331 (permalink)

Thanks Spellbinder. :)

Nov 3, 2010 10:01 PM ET #332 (permalink)

Might seem like obvious choices, but if you're after good death metal, have you checked out Obituary and Suffocation?

Nov 5, 2010 1:14 PM ET #333 (permalink)

Good call Oz and welcome Zotis.

Nov 5, 2010 1:47 PM ET #334 (permalink)

Best band I discovered today was While Heaven Weapt. They have such an aura of greatness about them.

Thanks for the drops Diamond Oz, I'll take any more you've got :p, I love drops.
I was already familiar with Obituary and Suffocation, they're both pretty good.

Nov 5, 2010 4:17 PM ET #335 (permalink)

Gorguts are one of the dm greats who always seem to get missed. Also yeah While Heaven Wept, cool band. Tell you what, these last few years I've truly grown into listening to doom metal.

EDIT: LOL, just looked up WHW in the metal archives, see their ex-guitar player was in Gorguts - small world.

(This post was last edited on November 5, 2010 at 4:19 PM ET.)

Nov 8, 2010 12:41 AM ET #336 (permalink)

That's pretty funny. I'm listening to Gorguts. They seem okay, I duno I'm still searching for something to come close to how I felt when I heard Death and Morbid Angel's Alter of Madness.

Doom Metal is great though for sure.

Nov 8, 2010 3:21 AM ET #337 (permalink)

Picky eh? :P Try "None So Vile" by Cryptopsy, "With Fear I Kiss The Burning Darkness" by At The Gates and "Consuming Impulse" by Pestilence. Some of my favourites.

Nov 8, 2010 3:27 PM ET #338 (permalink)

Cynic: Great album choices. Those are 3 of my personal favorites. I'd probably substitute "Slaughter of the Soul" for "With Fear..." though, but that's just me.

Nov 8, 2010 7:03 PM ET #339 (permalink)

At the Graves are cool, yeah I had actually heard them before. I think I may actually like Slaughter of the Soul better. Pestilence is pretty good too.

Nov 8, 2010 7:36 PM ET #340 (permalink)

I think you mean Gates not Graves. I picked up their DVD not long ago - their name comes from a period where there were a bunch of bands centered around Grotesque which split up - they had the phrase "Liers in wait at the gates of silent memory" or something to that effect, and broke it up into three band names (i.e. check out the band Liers In Wait).

I used to think SotS was their best but I appreciate their older stuff more now. "Terminal Spirit Disease" was probably the album they mastered the mix of the two styles.

Nov 8, 2010 8:12 PM ET #341 (permalink)

Oh yeah Gates sorry lol. Hmm that's a cool story. So one band is Liers in Wait, one's At the Gates, and the third is Of Silent Memory? I'll check 'em out.

Nov 12, 2010 12:17 PM ET #342 (permalink)

Ah hell. Somebody had to bring up Pestilence... For those that don't know, Jay Pestilence (MU screen name Pestilence) got pinched and is doing some time in Ohio. Shot out to Brother J. \m/\m/

Nov 13, 2010 12:04 PM ET #343 (permalink)

Liers in Wait are good. :)

Nov 19, 2010 6:58 AM ET #344 (permalink)

(This post was last edited on November 19, 2010 at 7:04 AM ET.)

Nov 24, 2010 4:22 PM ET #345 (permalink)

horns up to ther new members

Dec 15, 2010 11:03 AM ET #346 (permalink)

Well I may as well do this, even though I noticed the thread after I had already started posting. My name is Jared, but everybody's been calling me Jari (yar-ee) for forever, and somehow that branched off into Jarlesworth (yar-uhls-worth).
Call me whatever you want :)
I listen to all kinds of music, but most commonly played bands would have to be: All Shall Perish, Across the Sun, In Flames, Darkest Hour, Asking Alexandria, Parkway Drive, Miss May I, As I Lay Dying, Mutiny Within, etc.. So I guess my main genre would be different types of 'core.

I'm mainly a guitarist. I've only played in one band so far, but it had a thing for sucking ass, so I'm trying to find a metalcore/deathcore band to play with that isn't boring or based on breakdowns and with people who can actually play (obviously). Anyways, that's enough rambling I suppose.

Dec 15, 2010 1:18 PM ET #347 (permalink)

ill call ya JW. easiest way to say it for me...

Dec 17, 2010 10:43 PM ET #348 (permalink)

Hi Jarlesworth. So, have you recorded any of your own music?

Dec 18, 2010 6:18 AM ET #349 (permalink)

Ahhhhh, piss. Do I really have to? Lol jk.
http://www.myspace.com/imperiummetal09

Just keep in mind that this isn't really my style, it was basically the other guitarists' I personally think it sounds like shit to say the least. But nonetheless, there it is lol. Enjoy (or don't).

Dec 18, 2010 10:53 AM ET #350 (permalink)

Shelbyville, Tennessee. An old supervisor of mine is from there. Small world.

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum