"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

New Member Intro/Welcome Thread

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> New Member Intro/Welcome Thread

Displaying posts 226 - 250 of 742 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 29 30 Last
Displaying posts 226 - 250 of 742 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 29 30 Last
Sep 1, 2010 5:34 AM ET #226 (permalink)

no new members this week

Sep 1, 2010 8:23 AM ET #227 (permalink)

well, none that we know of. i dont think i ever posted in this to introduce myself (and if i did it was very late).

Fuck it.

Welcome, Wilco.

Sep 2, 2010 4:12 PM ET #228 (permalink)

thanks

Oct 1, 2010 12:15 AM ET #229 (permalink)

Hey guys, I'm new here. You can call me Slasher. I'm from the U.S. My favorite metal Music is death metal. I also like death metal artwork. I also have a metal music website but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post it here. It has lots artists/bands on the lists and if I can post it here, I'd appreciate people contacting me about what to add, improve, etc. I went to the metal-archives forum and the metal throne forums and I didn't really get warm welcomes there, just hostility against me and my website because I was new there, but I hope I get warm welcomes here. I hope to be around here and post for a long time. Long live metal!

(This post was last edited on October 1, 2010 at 2:45 PM ET.)

Oct 1, 2010 3:26 AM ET #230 (permalink)

welcome bro

Oct 1, 2010 3:42 AM ET #231 (permalink)

Thanks Wilco!

Oct 1, 2010 3:47 AM ET #232 (permalink)

Haha, yeah, the Metal Archives forums are great for finding bands, but a lot of the people that populate those boards really are a bunch of arrogant dickbags.

Oct 1, 2010 4:05 AM ET #233 (permalink)

lol Natsquatch.

Oct 1, 2010 5:51 AM ET #234 (permalink)

Welcome - was thinking about writing a column for MU about metal artists though I haven't found the time. Any favourite covers?

Oct 1, 2010 1:45 PM ET #235 (permalink)

Hey Cynic, thank you for the welcome too. I like Cannibal Corpse's artwork covers, another one I can think of is Abaddon Incarnate's "The Last Supper" cover. I can't really describe but I like the artwork that's like appealing to me.

Oct 1, 2010 2:14 PM ET #236 (permalink)

Welcome aboard Slasher.

Cynic: The new Watain posters really caught my eye. Thinking about getting it inked (without the band name) on my left calf if I can find an artist that isn't scared shitless to try and do it. lol.

Oct 1, 2010 2:18 PM ET #237 (permalink)

Thanks for the welcome too Blindgreed1! I'm jw, has anyone checked out my website yet?

Oct 1, 2010 2:45 PM ET #238 (permalink)

Also, is there a checkbox or anything where I can check to see the latest posts on here?

Oct 1, 2010 4:52 PM ET #239 (permalink)

Slashermoviefan - up the top of the page you'll see a "latest updates" tab which is what you want. Also in your profile you can see latest article comments. Also, feel free to post a link to your site - there's a big difference between the spammers we hate and regulars sharing support for metal!

BG - Awesome, actually that's funny I'm not a huge Watain fan or anything but that poster really caught my eye too. I really like symmetrical/balanced art like that and it's beautifully intricate too. Almost finished mixing my first demo song, took me a while to get something like the sound I wanted. Writing drums was a bitch but once I threw away the prepackaged stuff and figured out how to write parts myself I was all good.

Oct 1, 2010 6:15 PM ET #240 (permalink)

THANKS CYNIC! My site is:

www.metalonearth.webs.com

(you have to type it in the search bar because I don't think it's shown on Google yet)

Plus, I created my own discussion called "Two things: PLEASE HELP! and my website" but it hasn't got any posts yet. I would love people to contact me on my website about stuff I should add, update, improve, etc., become a member, comment on the guestbook, etc. Thanks!

(This post was last edited on October 1, 2010 at 6:54 PM ET.)

Oct 1, 2010 7:54 PM ET #241 (permalink)

Welcomez Slasher!

Oct 1, 2010 9:07 PM ET #242 (permalink)

Thank you Spellbinder! What do you guys think of my website? Please go to the "contact us" page on there if you want to contact me about what should I add, update, improve, etc. Also, please sign the guestbook and become a member! Thanks!

Oct 1, 2010 9:07 PM ET #243 (permalink)

Sorry, I posted the same thing twice and I have no clue how to delete it (if you can delete your posts, please let me know) so I decided to just overwrite this post instead with this. Thanks for listening guys!

(This post was last edited on October 1, 2010 at 9:09 PM ET.)

Oct 2, 2010 12:28 AM ET #244 (permalink)

Oh, guys, I created a chatroom page! Please tell me which one I should put first in the list and I will get to work on it! Is anyone up for a chat with me on any of the 4 chatrooms? I like all of them, but I think I will delete the 3rd one, the addonchat.com one.

(This post was last edited on October 2, 2010 at 3:26 PM ET.)

Oct 3, 2010 4:19 PM ET #245 (permalink)

Is anyone here?

Oct 3, 2010 6:15 PM ET #246 (permalink)

If you want my advice, very general sites more often than not fail to get any hits. You have to offer people something they can't get somewhere else if you are a small site - find a niche. I come to MU for news for example. But I would go to other sites if they were soley to compile and discuss album covers, or demos of well known albums, or what Glen Benton does is his spare time - you get me?

Oct 3, 2010 10:48 PM ET #247 (permalink)

Haha maybe try posting a little less in this thread :P People are just gonna get annoyed. But goddamn those colors are trippy.

Oct 4, 2010 9:18 PM ET #248 (permalink)

Ok, thanks for telling me guys. Sorry for posting too much. All I have to offer really is a chat room, but no one comes on so there's no one online there really. Sorry again. :(

Oct 5, 2010 6:22 PM ET #249 (permalink)

Welcome Slasher!

What movies you into Slasher?

Oct 7, 2010 5:25 AM ET #250 (permalink)

hey there, I'm new here but I've been into metal a long time. I don't have many people to talk music with, everyone listens to gay rap music around here (locally). I like mostly "cult" stuff like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L__J-nORwpU

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum