"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

'atmospheric' goth metal

Posted in: Forum Home >> Extreme Metal >> 'atmospheric' goth metal

Displaying 5 posts
Displaying 5 posts
Apr 2, 2013 11:18 AM ET #1 (permalink)

hello people,just came across the site and am totally spellbound by the amount of knowledge some people over here have!! id like to know about bands like 'how like a winter',if any of you could suggest any good goth doom bands that 'sound' similar to how like a winter?? any help wud b much appreciated :)

Apr 3, 2013 5:41 AM ET #2 (permalink)

I truly want to believe you're not just spamming a band.

My Dying Bride, The Vision Bleak, Estatic Fear, Yearning, Tristania, Therion, Paradise Lost, Novembers Doom (early), Moonspell, Depressed Mode, Empyrium, Shape of Despair (sort of), Tiamat, Green Carnation (Light of Day, Day of Darkness), Notre Dame - there's a good mix for you. You might like something like Dark Santuary too.

(This post was last edited on April 3, 2013 at 5:42 AM ET.)

Apr 3, 2013 6:25 AM ET #3 (permalink)

ty soo much bro!! this will serve me well :) cheers!!

Apr 4, 2013 6:10 AM ET #4 (permalink)

No problem, I fucking love these bands and gothic doom metal is underrated.

Apr 6, 2013 6:37 AM ET #5 (permalink)

yeah i agree!!! its too fucking good,actually!!! just that many dont know yet!!

Reply to Discussion or Return to Extreme Metal forum