"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

mu band

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> mu band

Displaying posts 1 - 25 of 49 1 2 Last
Displaying posts 1 - 25 of 49 1 2 Last
Jul 13, 2009 5:20 PM ET #1 (permalink)

i know i got off on the wrong foot with alot of you guys here, but i needed a place to blow off some steam. srry for being such an asshole.

anyway if you could start a band w other mu members who would you be in a band with and why? wat style of music would you play?

Jul 13, 2009 6:32 PM ET #2 (permalink)

Well I can say one thing: I'd not like to be in a group with FAN. I'd smell a mighty uncomfortable situation there, possibly where he ends up getting slapped across the face. lol.

Godlike, because he's a FANTABULOUS guitarist.

MHD, because he's just so darned precious. lol

Jenny, because she's my ho.

Blindgreed, because torturing him would probably be really fun. And by torture, I mean annoying him to death. Also, he's a groovy dude. lol

Shredder, because making creepy sexual advances on him results in a lot of hilarity

So yea there's my list.

Jul 13, 2009 7:02 PM ET #3 (permalink)

I want to tour with Inferno, because I'm a masochist and getting slapped in the face would only make the situation funnier..lol
and then,

probably MHD. I like his drum work more than I like his band, and the guys cool as fuck besides...

Wiggles would be my hype man, that way we would ge thte challenge of having to play while having beer and water bottles filled with piss thrown at us...

Godlike. Anything more need be said?

I would say blindgreed too, but seeing as how I'm a vocalist, I dont think that would work out so well, so fuck that guy.

I have no idea who on here plays bass. I guess I'll make Dolly do it, so I have someone to turn to when Inferno turns me down lol. (goddamn I am scum)

Jul 13, 2009 7:11 PM ET #4 (permalink)

HAH I play keyboards so it wouldn't have worked to begin with, fool!

(This post was last edited on July 13, 2009 at 7:39 PM ET.)

Jul 13, 2009 7:49 PM ET #5 (permalink)

Inferno-Keyboard (GOTTA have a keyboard!)

zMETALlica- Well, he's an audio engineer, producer, and booking agent, so that'll come in handy, and I think he writes his own music, but I'm not sure and he'll probably end up doing vocals

Cynic-guitar

Shredder13-guitar

MHD101-Drums

RememberMetal?-bass

Me-not sure...groupie? ... Nah, I'll play guitar too.

I'm not sure what sort of Music we would make, my 'band mates' all got good tastes, so we'd probably duke it out on a game of rock paper scissors or something. Either that or we'd probably make up our own unique genre :)

(This post was last edited on July 13, 2009 at 8:02 PM ET.)

Jul 13, 2009 8:00 PM ET #6 (permalink)

I play bass FAN so I'll do it.

Jul 13, 2009 8:09 PM ET #7 (permalink)

I think it'd be cool to have an all Iowa members band. What are there, like 9 of us? Perfect we could all say "fuck" a lot and hit kegs with baseball bats while dressed up in todler halloween costumes! It'll be the coolest and most original idea EVER!!!

*consultant whispers into ear*

Ooooooh, shit. Bad idea. Err...scratch that one I guess.

Cynic - Guitar
Shredder - Guitar
Mhd - Drums
Oz - Nonexistant bass very noticably existant :P
DIE - Lyrics and compositional work
I'd also play guitar
Not sure who to enlist on vocals - BG maybe? Any the ladies good singers/screamers/hybrid?

We'd play whatever we wanted to play...GOSH!

IN could do keys, but since I'm not in your band get bent :P

Hmm...an MU battle of the bands would be interesting. Maybe we could have a draft - go all sport-like to see which band gets whom?

(This post was last edited on July 13, 2009 at 8:16 PM ET.)

Jul 13, 2009 8:18 PM ET #8 (permalink)

I'b bring in:

godlike-guitar
That One Guy-guitar
Cynic-Lead guitar (yes 3 guitars so that we could create the wall of sound on stage)
FAN-devil vocal
MHD101, and Lord Assenforth would make up a two drummer percussion section.
Oz-clean vocal
Remember Metal, Wilco, and Netro would all have to audition for bass unless all end up in a tie in which case we would also have 3 bass players.
IN-Steel guitar (you will have to learn if you want to be in the band)
MHD101-keyboards when he's not playing drums
Wiggles-Manager because he's straight edge
dollydagger-personal chef to the performers and road crew

All would collaborate in a new genre of of metal which would be labeled Symphonic Country Devil Metal or just Sympho-Cunt-Devil Metal for short. I would perform the narration in a spoken voice from a throne at center stage and the entire production would be an all out assualt on the auditory and visual senses. The stage show will require at leat 50,00 gallons of blood for every show and enough pyro to blow us all to hell in any given moment. The end of every show would include at least one public execution and the manner of death would vary from town to town. Who's in?

Jul 13, 2009 8:19 PM ET #9 (permalink)

lol...thanks Jenny & Inferno! I'm very flattered...

I'd choose...

Band

Kali - (I remember her saying that she has great Thrash vox)
Myself - Lead Axeman
Godlike - Rhythm Axeman (Bone Crushing Riffage!)
TOG - 4 Stringer (He said he was good)
MHD - Drummer (Seen his vids, Nice drumwork)

Crew

Blind - Manager
Inferno/FAN - Roadies (Set up our equipment!) lol
Terminator - Lights & Stage Effects
Cynic - Instruments Tech
Branded - Merchandise Man
Jenny - Bus Driver

To sum up our sound - A variety of metal genres wrapped into one big fat burrito and thrown at your face!

Jul 13, 2009 8:30 PM ET #10 (permalink)

I couln't be in a band nowadays. Fuckin' wife wouldn't let me. I know she'll say no so I won't even ask. Heffer needs to find herself a hobby, so I can hang out with my wang out.

Come to think of it, that's my position in the band. Wang Hanger-Outer Guy. The guys secure enough in their manhood will eventually get over the fact that my cack will be visible at all times.

Jul 13, 2009 8:35 PM ET #11 (permalink)

If I cant get the gig for the devil vocals with BG, I'll take you up on the offer of carryin shit Shredder lol

Either band that I end up in, I require a live coyote and a seventy year old hooker with a gimp leg in exchange for my services. I already have a Mormon Bible, so I'll be good. Just dont ask what I need them for, or I will pee in your whiskey/coffee/pepsi for the remainder of that day, and then quit and take a bus to alaska to start a band with polar bears and rip off all the songs I stole from the band I was just in.

On that note, I need to get drunk sometime this week. :D

Jul 13, 2009 8:56 PM ET #12 (permalink)

Terminator only put me in the band because he knows my beautiful British accent makes the girls go wild ;)

Jul 13, 2009 9:08 PM ET #13 (permalink)

OKAY FINE TERMINATOR... You can be the guy that harasses Blindgreed on stage. So, in short, your title will be Sexual Predator.

Jul 13, 2009 9:44 PM ET #14 (permalink)

Oz - Nah, you're more in the band to make tea and crumpets and occaisionally quote Spinal Tap. If your looney tunes accent does make the girls go wild that'll be an added bonus ;)

IN - That's a horrible job title. No keys for you, you can be my band's retarded jester instead :P

Jul 13, 2009 9:52 PM ET #15 (permalink)

Ap1: The guy that rocks out with his cock out! I like it. We can have you chase the coyote and elderly hooker away from FAN when he's doing the devil vocal. Can you helicopter that bad boy?

Terminator: PR man for sure.
Weasel: fiddle
Red: administers last rights to the executionees
DIE: definately consultant for lyrical content and continuity
branded: Rider enforcement and quality control expert
KandianKorn: Backstage groupie recruiter

Jul 13, 2009 10:07 PM ET #16 (permalink)

Wait okay BG... so, what's the share of groupies? I get a share of the ass too, right? Sharing is caring! :P

Jul 13, 2009 10:35 PM ET #17 (permalink)

"Oz - Nah, you're more in the band to make tea and crumpets and occaisionally quote Spinal Tap."

LOL

On another note, I find it quite humorous when Americans say that Brits speak the English language in a funny manner. When in reality, we're the one's speaking English with an accent.

\,,l "Mayhemic Destruction" by Mortal Sin l,,/

Jul 13, 2009 10:38 PM ET #18 (permalink)

"Your title will be Sexual Predator."

Yoinks!...I'll take that. From this point on I shall be known as the Almighty Sexual Predator!

Jul 13, 2009 11:29 PM ET #19 (permalink)

Blind: It's on like Donkey Kong.

I'm sure the seventy year olds will run for the hills when they see a fat ,naked, 33 year old, sexually voracious metal head running after them shouting obscenities.

Either that, or they'll be down for the stank-stank.

As far as the coyotes, I'm pretty sure one of the hookers will drop dead from all the excitement. We'll let them feed on their dead, bloody, cum-stained, carcasses. Word.

Jul 14, 2009 3:36 AM ET #20 (permalink)

FAN, we'd both sing in a Converge style band and probably spend more fighting the crowd than singing haha.

(This post was last edited on July 14, 2009 at 3:40 AM ET.)

Jul 14, 2009 10:57 AM ET #21 (permalink)

IN: Of course you get your share, as well as everyone else on the crew. The rule of the road is "do what you gotta do, just make sure to have your ass on the bus before it leaves".

AP1: I believe its safe to say that we have a plan. lol.

Jul 14, 2009 12:38 PM ET #22 (permalink)

As first order of business being your manager Blind I'm informing you that at no stage, regardless of how big the band gets (which will be huge) you'll be always playing venues that old no more than 1000 and there will be NO barriers at these shows. And you won't be getting signed by a major label,you'll be on an indie label that lets you do what you want.
And you have to encourage at least 10 stage dives per song.

HAHAHAHA

Jul 14, 2009 1:16 PM ET #23 (permalink)

Just 10? I was thinking more along the lines of an average ammount of people per hour stage diving. Like say 150? Also, the venues should have to sign a wavier regarding the destruction of their property. We're going to break some shit, and then the crowd will be encourage to break shit too, so we don't want to be held liable for their recovery. It's just the price you pay to have a sympho-cunt-devil-metal show. BTW, Indie is the only way to go until we make our own label like Clutch did.

Jul 14, 2009 4:12 PM ET #24 (permalink)

It'll be called Curb Stomp Records, we will only be signing bands that isnpire destruction (Refused, Converge, DEP, Gwar) or bands thatr have know criminals or gang members in them.
Stage dives are an important aspect of shows, a must even.
You'll have to use lots of "Vogelisms" like "MAXIMUM OUTPUT ACTIVATE THE PIT!" or "MORE STAGE DIVES!"

Jul 14, 2009 5:25 PM ET #25 (permalink)

I am adequately prepared to rock. I think I can cover that. It's FAN I worry about. Being a devil vocal man can really bring a guy down. I hope there's enough elderly hookers to keep him energized. The coyotes are a dime a dozen, but elderly hookers are few and far between.

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum