"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Does race matters in metal?

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Music Discussion >> Does race matters in metal?

Displaying 3 posts
Displaying 3 posts
Mar 24, 2013 1:36 PM ET #1 (permalink)

Hi I am a metal fan and my ethnicity is Pakistani. I've been a metal head for many years now (about 4 years) ,I'm 22Years old. Anyways the thing is that metal scene here is totally non existent. I have not come across a single person yet that likes metal music I mean there are fans of commerically super successful bands like Linkin Park and Metallica but that's about it. Almost anyother band is unheard of but My concern is that do metalheads in west think that metal is not for brown persons or do they find it weird that a brown person likes metal? I mean if a person from pakistan is in a metal band or concert will you think that its umm weird or something?
Sorry if anything in my post offends anyone, I have absolutely no such intentions .

And yea btw my fave. Bands are Nightwish, Bullet for my Valentine, Within temptation, Hammerfall, Amaranthe, Soilwork (if that helps)

(This post was last edited on March 24, 2013 at 1:43 PM ET.)

Mar 25, 2013 2:24 AM ET #2 (permalink)

Nah. South Americans are probably the most nuts metal fans on the planet, Japan is pretty dedicated too. Sure it's a predominatly anglo saxon thing but I doubt you'll find many metalheads outside of the tiny white power crowd who think metal has any racial boundaries.

Mar 25, 2013 5:13 PM ET #3 (permalink)

Short answer = no

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Music Discussion forum