"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

I like the new forum and all but....

Posted in: Forum Home >> Bugs Reports, Suggestions, and Feedback >> I like the new forum and all but....

Displaying 23 posts
Displaying 23 posts
Jul 5, 2009 7:24 PM ET #1 (permalink)

I was trying to find the page that said "haha made you look!", and I clicked "Forums" like I usually do to get to that specific page(it's one of my favorites on the site) and it takes me to this crazy forum place instead. Can we do anything to fix that? Like, put the forums under Photo Gallery or something instead? That would really make much more sense to me, and I would appreciate it.

Anybody else like the old forum better, where it was just one line of text to deal with, instead of this very usefull place to hold conversations? Let's hear what the people think!

Jul 5, 2009 7:25 PM ET #2 (permalink)

Ha! Glad you looked!

Jul 5, 2009 9:18 PM ET #3 (permalink)

Once again, FAN has to be the resident smart ass.!! LOL

Jul 5, 2009 11:21 PM ET #4 (permalink)

Not really a bug, but I noticed that there isn't a 'Forum' link on the bottom menu. Or is that one of the new features on the way :P

Jul 6, 2009 12:04 AM ET #5 (permalink)

I know this is probably on a massive to-do list, but being able to see previous posts while you post yours would be good. I'm insanely forgetful you see haha.

Jul 6, 2009 8:23 AM ET #6 (permalink)

Red

Yeah there is a bug, Godlike's picture has a big one in it !

Jul 6, 2009 9:06 AM ET #7 (permalink)

Yep, Cynic, that and post editing are my immediate to-dos. I hope to have them done by next weekend, if not sooner.

The issue of displaying the thread on the post page is trickier than it might seem at first glance when you factor in pagination. Do you always show the last X posts? Or if they are replying to a specific message, is showing just that message sufficient? Obviously if there's 4 pages worth of posts, we can't show all of it on the post form. I have some stuff to figure out there. If anyone has input how other sites do it, please share. Thanks.

Jul 6, 2009 12:15 PM ET #8 (permalink)

I've noticed on the forum main page that it always says that the last post on every thread was posted the minute that the forum main page loaded, but when you check the individual threads it says otherwise. Is this just on my computer?

Jul 6, 2009 12:37 PM ET #9 (permalink)

TOG - Its doing the same thing for me too.!
Not sure if its a bug or just a glitch..? Or is that
the same thing :)

Jul 6, 2009 2:55 PM ET #10 (permalink)

It does the same for me too guys. Has anyone else had problems with getting on the site today or just me?

Jul 6, 2009 3:09 PM ET #11 (permalink)

I had problems accessing the site earlier today, but it seems to be up and running fine for me now.

Jul 6, 2009 3:40 PM ET #12 (permalink)

Yeah, I had a couple hour stretch where I couldn't get
in... but now things are peachy.!

Jul 6, 2009 3:47 PM ET #13 (permalink)

Oz -- I had problems earlier as well; it logged me out and wouldn't let me back on the site for a while, but it's working fine now.

Jul 7, 2009 3:07 AM ET #14 (permalink)

hmmm.. thought that was just my computer being retarted again. It does this neat little trick where it diconnects from the internet for 15 minute stretches for no reason. It's really cool, especially when you're listening to new bands on youtube or myspace. REAL fuckin neat.

And i like how my fake complaint turned into an actual discussion. :P

Jul 7, 2009 3:01 PM ET #15 (permalink)

It's happened two days in a row now.

Jul 7, 2009 3:52 PM ET #16 (permalink)

Yep, second day in a row for me too.!
Oddly enough, it was about the same time period also.?

Jul 7, 2009 4:42 PM ET #17 (permalink)

Michael Jackson did it.

Jul 8, 2009 9:18 PM ET #18 (permalink)

I have actually had a little trouble and some short down times around lunch time the past couple days. I had to reboot the server a few times to apply windows updates too, so hopefully we're all done.

Jul 12, 2009 6:18 PM ET #19 (permalink)

Anyone else having problems viewing other pages in the forum? On convos with more than one page, I can't get past page one no matter which page number I click on.

Jul 12, 2009 8:25 PM ET #20 (permalink)

That's the same problem Ive been having all day.!!

Jul 13, 2009 11:06 AM ET #21 (permalink)

I think I broke it when I fixed something else, but should all be working now (since last night).

Jul 31, 2009 5:41 PM ET #22 (permalink)

Nice Forum. How long has this been up?

Aug 4, 2009 2:22 PM ET #23 (permalink)

^^^Since July 5th I believe.

Reply to Discussion or Return to Bugs Reports, Suggestions, and Feedback forum