"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Burzum...

Posted in: Forum Home >> Extreme Metal >> Burzum...

Displaying 23 posts
Displaying 23 posts
Jan 20, 2010 10:01 PM ET #1 (permalink)

Well. Before the new Burzum comes out later this year I wanted to discuss the album. Do you think its gonna suck or be good or better? What do you all think?
It is Varg, who's been in jail forever, out of the metal scene and is certifiably crazy. So...

(This post was last edited on January 20, 2010 at 10:03 PM ET.)

Jan 20, 2010 10:23 PM ET #2 (permalink)

A lot of people on here seem to have some kind of anti-Varg agenda. Personally I like his music and don't know the man, so I leave it at that. Hoping the new album will be better, obviously, but I'm not sure I know what to expect, really.

Jan 21, 2010 12:09 AM ET #3 (permalink)

I'm looking forward to it, honestly no idea what sort of beast it will be. Hopefully it'll be like the transition between other Burzum albums - Varg always did something new (and pretty boundary pushing) with his albums so a decade and more in jail should give him some new ideas?

Jan 21, 2010 10:49 AM ET #4 (permalink)

I can't wait for new songs such as "raped with a grim soap" and "frostbitten shower" haha, I honestly thought varg had died, didnt realise burzum were still going :S will certainly check out the album though

Jan 21, 2010 12:22 PM ET #5 (permalink)

Yeah the new album, "Belus" comes out in March. If you used MU more often you'd know he's still alive since I like to piss anti-Varg peeps off by constantly posting his blogs ;)

Jan 21, 2010 12:42 PM ET #6 (permalink)

if you'd persuaded me to use it earlier then maybe i would have known :P

once again this is all oz's fault

Jan 21, 2010 1:31 PM ET #7 (permalink)

Well... the thing about that is... say anyone know that you can get Burzum ties? Amazing huh?

Jan 21, 2010 3:34 PM ET #8 (permalink)

I'm excited as hell for ''Belus.'' Wondering what it'll sound like as well.

Jan 21, 2010 9:08 PM ET #9 (permalink)

oh. good. i thought there would be a shit ton of varg haters on here. thank uh, god...i mean satan that there arent! im personally very excited for the new album. ive always loved burzum because it was something different to listen to but it was still very clausterphobic and grim. cool stuff for sure.

Jan 22, 2010 10:34 AM ET #10 (permalink)

I can guarantee that a majority of the varg haters on this site have never even been to his site and read what his side. Just hear what everyone else says and make a judgment.

Personally I'm very excited about Belus.

Jan 23, 2010 7:37 AM ET #11 (permalink)

The varg haters just accuse him of being a nazi. therefore thay are utter muppets.

Jan 23, 2010 12:18 PM ET #12 (permalink)

Exactly. By his own admission he's a racist, but I don't think people should trash his music because they don't agree with his views. I do like how he's always writing whatever he feels like though, to the point where it almost becomes trolling.

Jan 23, 2010 5:56 PM ET #13 (permalink)

I personally don't give a shit about his personal beliefs as long as he still makes kickass black metal. If he starts making shit black metal, maybe I'd change my mind....but yeah, Burzum's awesome.
Meggidaansummit-you COULD also say 'Thank Odin'

Jan 25, 2010 11:04 PM ET #14 (permalink)

oh shit. thanks metalhead....i forgot. good call! varg would be soooo mad at me....hehehe...

Jan 27, 2010 4:27 PM ET #15 (permalink)

see i didnt hate varg until he got out of jail, i had never really listened to burzum until then. its not bad i can see how its appealing, but after reading all the things he's posted on the internet i just can't help but think of how much of a dumbass he is evertime i hear something about him. His perspective on life has completly ruined his music to me. knowing that the emotions and feelings he harbors comes from a place that i think is ignorant, and just wrong moraly turns me off immediately. i mean i imagine that he puts his feeling and emotion into his music, and i dont like his feelings thoughts or emotions. his face also makes me want to punch him, he looks like a little bitch. he must be, because instead of fighting it out with fists like a man he decided to be a coward and bring out a knife and take someones life. what a pussy.

Jan 29, 2010 1:03 AM ET #16 (permalink)

varg's a maverick, what he has in his mind not necesary to be lamely followed by anyone! its his view and the vividness. And they ain't need any judgement i suppose.
just go on through his music and get lost in the fantasies, that's it.
...........Life has a new meaning"

Jan 29, 2010 9:28 AM ET #17 (permalink)

eh, his shit is really just boring.

Jan 30, 2010 2:29 AM ET #18 (permalink)

...depends upon how u take!

Feb 3, 2010 12:50 PM ET #19 (permalink)

Someone's personal politics are always a trick thing to deal with when it comes to an artist and his creations. While I can understand what someone like LordAssenfroth is saying I have to disagree. Someone's personal politics/thoughts are an indication of the kind of person they are but are completely irrelevant to the quality of the art itself.

Feb 3, 2010 5:36 PM ET #20 (permalink)

I think Burzum is an overrated band, first, I enjoy pretty much some Norwegian black metal bands, like Darkthrone, Immortal, Emperor,...but I prefer the first 3 cds, the others one are pretty bored ....I don't expect too much about the new one

Feb 5, 2010 12:21 AM ET #21 (permalink)

Meh I view Burzum like wine, better with age imo. Best albums was Filosefem and Hvis Lysett Tar Oss.

Feb 5, 2010 9:41 AM ET #22 (permalink)

Depends as it’s view AGAIN…Filosfem and Hvis Lysett Tar Oss, are pretty albums cos they have structurally more experimental passages, He merges more sintz and atmospheres parts who involves more drama in conceptual’s terms. I prefer the firsts cos they have more nihilist and raw ambients , primitive but still sutil at once.

Feb 12, 2010 11:24 PM ET #23 (permalink)

That 'Aske is truly a timeless album!

Reply to Discussion or Return to Extreme Metal forum