"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Bullet For My Valentine

Posted in: Forum Home >> Core >> Bullet For My Valentine

Displaying posts 51 - 75 of 89 1 2 3 4 Last
Displaying posts 51 - 75 of 89 1 2 3 4 Last
Apr 9, 2010 4:36 AM ET #51 (permalink)

I like B4MV at times but to a point i think that they try to hard to be trivium. I also do agree that Lamb of God is too widely considered as the band that "if you listen to em then ur a metalhead" Dont get me wrong they are pretty much my fav band at the moment but i do think that too many ppl have that mentality and it really has nothing to do with the band as much as it has to do with them being at the for-front of the metal.

May 2, 2010 11:53 AM ET #52 (permalink)

I actually quite like them. Their new album is really good, although the vocals are the same. However, some of the riffs are really kick-ass.

May 10, 2010 11:15 PM ET #53 (permalink)

i bought the new album about a week ago and am very disappointed in it. It sounds like a rehash of their last album. very boring and they didn't change a single thing....hell like 3 of their songs off of their new cd sound like Waking the Demon off of their last album.

May 11, 2010 9:25 AM ET #54 (permalink)

We're talking about Bullet now, right?

Well I downloaded their album and liked it, although because it was the same stuff. Some was really good.

May 14, 2010 11:54 AM ET #55 (permalink)

I've heard Scream Aim Fire. Not bad. Everything else is just kinda meh.

Jun 3, 2010 10:47 AM ET #56 (permalink)

idk ap1, i guess i'm just a sucker for some nice riffs and catchiness then lol also, love melodies. guess that's why i fvckin' love melodic death metal so much.

Jun 3, 2010 5:54 PM ET #57 (permalink)

^see now thats why i was confused way back when you said you didnt like black dahlia murder. The new album deflorate is filled with catchy lines and memorable solos right in the middle of fierce melodeath. I can understand if somebody didnt like their earlier stuff, cause i dont really care for anything more than five or six songs from their last three whole albums. But really, deflorate is a huge step up in all those areas you mentioned. I would reccomend you at least scan through a couple new songs on youtub. Oh, and so im still on topic, fuck bullet for my vagina, they ripped off slayer lol

Jun 3, 2010 9:08 PM ET #58 (permalink)

FAN: lmfao!!! (as usual) alright. i'll have to check out their new stuff then. thnx for the tip. bullet for my vagina lol fvckin' amazing.

Jun 7, 2010 7:44 PM ET #59 (permalink)

Your right FAN.
Deflorate is a badass cd.
Filled with heaps of melody and heavyness.

Bullet ain't a bad band.
Just wouldn't listen to it everyday.

Jun 8, 2010 6:53 PM ET #60 (permalink)

bullet for my valentine is so fuckin boring.... they sound emo... they are emo that is pretending to be metal.... their new album is the most boring of all,.. and their lyrics is like some sort of a suicidal man... they fuckin emos....

Jun 11, 2010 8:52 AM ET #61 (permalink)

FAN and trendkill: tried out BDM's new album, not for me bro. musix fine. exactly how u guys described it. but that's as far as it went. plus i didn't like those high pitched screams from the vox.

STFU: ::sigh:: yet another bullet hater with the ONLY remarks against them is the "they're emo" and "they're NOT metal" arguments =\ i'm not trying to defend them or anything, it's just getting old. plus there's WAY worse shit out there that doesn't deserve the spotlight at all.

Jun 11, 2010 11:50 AM ET #62 (permalink)

^^there actually IS worse shit out there, as the "pop-metal" genre the n0thinghead has mentioned before actually exists. Dead By April. Worst band trying to be metal. Add breakdowns and a few screams to a Justin Timberlake song or some shit like that and that's what they sound like. Made me wanna fucking puke.

Jun 11, 2010 5:50 PM ET #63 (permalink)

NH- I know what you mean man. I like the band alot.
That doesn't mean you have to ehh. Glad you have it a listen tho man.

Jun 13, 2010 11:22 PM ET #64 (permalink)

trendkill - no problem bro. i love checking shit out ppl recommend me. feel free to lemme know about any others tho. check out my profile here on MU to get a good list of the genres i'm actually into.

cowboy: lmao!! i know exactly what u mean man lol and just for the record, there's NO need for the "the" when u say "the n0thinghead" lol "n0thinghead" is just fine bro. BUT ironically, the singer of dead by april has some awesome screaming vox tho. NOT with them tho, of course. he was the singer for a VERY short while for a greek/swedish melodic death metal band, Nightrage, on the album, "A New Disease Is Born". he actually sounds rlly fitting with the music. check it out... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpSE3sX5kk0

Jun 14, 2010 2:40 PM ET #65 (permalink)

n0thinghead - haha yeah that was actually suppose to be "genre THAT n0thinghead has mention" lol a little type-o action going on there. And yeah man i actually got into Nightrage right away in '03 because they had Tomas Lindberg on vocals and im a huge At The Gates fan. Those first 2 albums with Lindberg and on vocals and Gus G. on guitar were sick. They're actually how i found out about Dead By April because i normally wouldn't check out a band with such a name, but i saw the newer singer from Nightrage quit and started a new band so that's why i checked them out. Man was i sorry lol. The newest Nightrage album with they're newest singer, Antony Hämäläinen, is pretty good. Hämäläinen actually did some work with Disarmonia Mundi last year as well so he had a pretty busy 2009.

(This post was last edited on June 14, 2010 at 2:46 PM ET.)

Jun 14, 2010 7:00 PM ET #66 (permalink)

Nh - Gotta love the shit you listen to man.

I personally love prog metal aswell.

Have you ever heard Blotted Science? That band rules!

Jun 15, 2010 10:06 PM ET #67 (permalink)

trend: naw man but will definitely check it out, even tho i'm NOT THAT into prog, except for gojira, dream theater, meshuggah, mastodon and tool. thnx.

cowboy: awesome!! lol yeah, only at the gates album i like is slaughter, of course, kuz it's a masterpiece. and yeah, i like the new nightrage album, but i just can't help but LOVE the "new disease" album. love melodic death \m/

(This post was last edited on June 16, 2010 at 4:54 PM ET.)

Sep 21, 2010 12:40 PM ET #68 (permalink)

hey i dont care wat u all say they fuckin are the beast

Sep 21, 2010 10:25 PM ET #69 (permalink)

Nah they suck.

Sep 21, 2010 10:49 PM ET #70 (permalink)

I love it when the occasional guy like this guy comes in, revives threads and makes shitty statements

Sep 22, 2010 12:00 AM ET #71 (permalink)

Lol.

Sep 22, 2010 9:53 AM ET #72 (permalink)

Be right back, just gotta wipe my arse with Freakformetal's opinions.

Sep 22, 2010 11:40 AM ET #73 (permalink)

BucketofJizz for my Valentine

Sep 22, 2010 1:04 PM ET #74 (permalink)

just kidding they suck mayjah dick

Sep 22, 2010 3:01 PM ET #75 (permalink)

^ if you think they suck all of the sudden, then you probably should take them out of that list of terrible bands in your profile, just saying

Reply to Discussion or Return to Core forum