"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

DarkOhProductions

Posted in: Forum Home >> Musician's Chat >> DarkOhProductions

Displaying posts 1 - 25 of 27 1 2 Last
Displaying posts 1 - 25 of 27 1 2 Last
Jan 18, 2010 8:33 PM ET #1 (permalink)

I'm Lexi DarkOh,
Creator of Produced In The Dark on http://darkohproductions.blogspot.com/ .
I am looking for a co-writer/journalist who knows a hell of a lot about music. And, has a definite opinion about all genres.
If you would like to assist me,
Contact me at:
Dark.Oh.Pro@gmail.com

.Lexi.

Jan 18, 2010 8:51 PM ET #2 (permalink)

From your blog-

"The first music choice being heard is "emotionally hardcore", which is characterized by the song Dressed For Friend Requests by Drop Dead, Gorgeous. Drop Dead, Gorgeous is a well known "screamo" band, which may be considered emotionally hardcore, but I would just consider Grindcore."

"Nemesis by Arch Enemy, which is supposedly categorized as Metal. That shocked me immensely, because of all sub-genres to classify, I would think metal would be the easiest."

Uhhh, not trying to be a dick or anything, but what the hell are you talking about?

EDIT: Oh, apparently you're 14, which really does explain a lot. You aren't a bad writer, you just seem to have a lot to learn about music. Hopefully you will...

DOUBLE EDIT: DIE, SPAMMER.

(This post was last edited on January 18, 2010 at 10:04 PM ET.)

Jan 19, 2010 12:05 PM ET #3 (permalink)

Obviously YOU know nothing a bout music.
How the hell is screaming your bloody head off and "shredding" away on a guitar metal?
I am taking it in the sense of metal originated in the 70s from blues music.
So again, why is music that has no blues related tempo/rhythm/beat considered metal?

And go listen to some Fugazi, or The Promise Ring, or something like that. You'll see what real emo music is.

Come up with a good explanation why music is classified the way it is now, besides for the fact that the media calls it that, and I might just reconsider.

Jan 19, 2010 2:20 PM ET #4 (permalink)

*Facepalm*

Jesus Christ, kid. Your ignorance is appalling.

I'm not arguing about what is and isn't emo music. What I am arguing is that Drop Dead, Gorgeous is NOT grindcore, like you said.

Yes, metal has its origins in blues. But it has evolved since then. If Arch Enemy isn't metal, what would you say they are?

Hopefully one day you'll look back on what you're saying and cringe.

Jan 19, 2010 2:47 PM ET #5 (permalink)

DarkOhPro: You just got owned. A word of advice for ya kid. Stay away from a guy called "Cynic" who haunts these boards. Nat was going easy on you and I fear for your mental and physical health should you enter a debate with Cynic on this topic. You have been warned. Now go rent a DVD called "Metal: A Headbangers Journey", and call us in the morning.

Jan 19, 2010 2:52 PM ET #6 (permalink)

Oh no, you mean I deleted Arch Enemy from our database on the advice of a 14 year old who thinks DDG is grindcore? (slits wrists). Other than sarcasm, I'm totally speechless. Thanks for your comments and facepalm Natsquatch.

Jan 19, 2010 3:17 PM ET #7 (permalink)

DB: LMFAO!!!

Jan 20, 2010 2:32 PM ET #8 (permalink)

DarkOhPro, or DOH! for short wrote: "How the hell is screaming your bloody head off and "shredding" away on a guitar metal?"

So how is whining about your fat ass girlfriend leaving you because you're a douche considered music? This truly shows the elevated state of your ignorance. You have the nerve to come to a metal website, push your pusscore music on us and then bash and question the nature of our metalness?

Do me a favor. Go up the stairs from your parents basement, enter the bathroom, pop the zit on your forehead, insert a loaded large caliber pistol into your brace filled mouth....and pull the trigger.

Please hang around to read and comment on this thread. The only reason I ask this is to see if we can actually hear a 15 year old with a Hawthorne Heights T-shirt on, crying.

Oh I will truly treasure the laughing and pointing that will surely ensue on this thread. Have fun shitball.

Jan 20, 2010 4:27 PM ET #9 (permalink)

A ghostly mist suddenly appears in the forum and the smell of dead genre debates begin to fill the air like the stench of a neckbeards underarm. The sound of noobs crying reaches an almost earsplitting cacophony as Cynic descends into the thread....

*farts*

...Well that could have been more impressive. That was actually all I planned to write until I saw this,

"Goths originated in the 12th century, and lasted till the 16th. Gothics were in fact Germans, and other Europeans in the Medieval era. Therefore, Gothic music would be 12th to 16th Gaelic, French, etc. music, being mainly instrumental."

Incorrecto. The term "Gothic" was applied to a certain type of dark medieval architecture only loosely based on the barbarian Goths, and hence was hijacked by a certain punk subculture as a term to describe the dark music/image in the 80s.

EDIT: Although it was a nice guess, you probably read Asterix comics like me as a kid.

(This post was last edited on January 20, 2010 at 4:33 PM ET.)

Jan 20, 2010 9:01 PM ET #10 (permalink)

AP: you're crossing some lines there with personal attacks. Please keep it a little more civil; we only support passive aggressive attacks here. (half joking, but that was a little too much of an attack)

Jan 21, 2010 12:07 PM ET #11 (permalink)

NAT handed him his ass very nicely, well done man!!

Jan 21, 2010 10:34 PM ET #12 (permalink)

DB: What the gun thing? *long sigh* Fine, he doesn't have to pull the trigger. He does need to pop that zit though. I can see it from here.

Jan 22, 2010 3:08 PM ET #13 (permalink)

Oh, I wish I'd discovered this sooner.

lmao @ db & Cynic. "the stench of a neckbeard's underarm" ..classic.

Jan 22, 2010 6:32 PM ET #14 (permalink)

Arch Enemy isnt metal?
Geez!!!!!

"So how is whining about your fat ass girlfriend leaving you because you're a douche considered music? This truly shows the elevated state of your ignorance. You have the nerve to come to a metal website, push your pusscore music on us and then bash and question the nature of our metalness?"

americanpatriot1 nicely done!

DarkOhPro, you should actualy dig in deeper to what metal really is, the answer isnt in some sort of encyclopedia, the same standards you used to build your arguement are filled with inacuracies and you should really start considering other sources before you "copy and paste" whatever you read in wikipedia site, there's only so much that place has to offer and then you turn out to make a jackass figure of yourself.

On a final word: Cynic
"Although it was a nice guess, you probably read Asterix comics like me as a kid." <;<;--- MWAHAHAHAHAHA

Jan 22, 2010 11:12 PM ET #15 (permalink)

Why thank you Nemesis. Since you have decided to compliment me, I will bestow on you the honor to refer to me simply as AP1. It takes less time to type as well.

Feb 3, 2010 8:02 PM ET #16 (permalink)

Read this and thought I was gonna die from the ignorance of this kid...
Do me a favor, Go out to your local music store, Purchase a music/documentary genre movie called
"metal: a headbangers journey"
most people only watch it once but in your case I suggest 6 or 7 times,then make another post.

Feb 26, 2010 3:21 PM ET #17 (permalink)

AP!: I think the kid took your advice. lol.

Feb 26, 2010 3:50 PM ET #18 (permalink)

Why did you guys not tell me this thread existed? I hope I never piss any of you guys off like this poor little assgoblin.

Feb 26, 2010 9:05 PM ET #19 (permalink)

good english songs:
1.the magic key-onet&coolt
2.i could be the one-Donna Lewis
3.dying in the sun-the cranberries
4.just one last dance-Sarah Connor ---。just one last dance, before we say good bye..[url=http://www.getjordan.com]air jordan shoes [/url]
.5.wait till you hear from me-Sarah Connor sarah
6.mirror mirror-m2m
7.as long as you love me-
8.do you know where you''re going to-[url=http://www.getjordan.com]air jordans [/url]
9.goodbye-
10.seasons in the sun-west life
11.cry on my shoulder-Bonnie Raitt&Gary Barlow [url=http://www.getjordan.com]michael air jordans [/url]
12.don''t push me-sweetbox sweetbox
13.when you''re gone-avril lavigne 14.loving you 15. over the rainbow

Feb 26, 2010 9:08 PM ET #20 (permalink)

mall snail who name is [url=http://www.getjordan.com]air jordan shoes [/url]asked her mother: Why are we born, it is necessary to bear this heavy shell hard and do?
Mom: Because our bodies who name is [url=http://www.getjordan.com]air jordans [/url] do not support the bones, only to climb, then climb unhappy. Therefore, the need for the protection of the shell!
Small Snail: caterpillar sister no bones, but also climbing fast, and why she is not going to back this hard and heavy shell do?
Mom: Because her sister can become a butterfly caterpillars, the sky will protect her ah.
Small Snail: But Earthworms which name is [url=http://www.getjordan.com]michael air jordans [/url] have no bones to climb unhappy brother, it will not turn into a butterfly is he does not back this hard and heavy shell do?
Mom: Because earthworms brother will be scooping up soil, the earth will protect him ah.
Small snail began to cry: We sympathize with, the sky does not protect the earth is not protected.
Snail mother comforted him: "So we have the shell ah!" We do not rely on day, does not depend on, we rely on our own

Feb 26, 2010 9:09 PM ET #21 (permalink)

Small snail who name is air jordan shoesasked her mother: Why are we born, it is necessary to bear this heavy shell hard and do?
Mom: Because our bodies who name is air jordans do not support the bones, only to climb, then climb unhappy. Therefore, the need for the protection of the shell!
Small Snail: caterpillar sister no bones, but also climbing fast, and why she is not going to back this hard and heavy shell do?
Mom: Because her sister can become a butterfly caterpillars, the sky will protect her ah.
Small Snail: But Earthworms which name is michael air jordans have no bones to climb unhappy brother, it will not turn into a butterfly is he does not back this hard and heavy shell do?
Mom: Because earthworms brother will be scooping up soil, the earth will protect him ah.
Small snail began to cry: We sympathize with, the sky does not protect the earth is not protected.
Snail mother comforted him: "So we have the shell ah!" We do not rely on day, does not depend on, we rely on our own.

Mar 9, 2010 12:45 AM ET #22 (permalink)

Can someone, anyone, please exactly what the hell the purpose of the last 3 completely innane ramblings? If you come up with something, please let me know.

Mar 9, 2010 12:51 AM ET #23 (permalink)

This troll has been successful.

Mar 9, 2010 1:55 AM ET #24 (permalink)

Eh, those three posts were most likely a spambot.

(This post was last edited on March 9, 2010 at 1:56 AM ET.)

Mar 9, 2010 4:04 PM ET #25 (permalink)

Sigh and we all thought this was over lol spam spam spam.......

Reply to Discussion or Return to Musician's Chat forum