"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Favorite Movie Quotes

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> Favorite Movie Quotes

Displaying posts 1 - 25 of 114 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Displaying posts 1 - 25 of 114 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Jan 18, 2010 10:46 AM ET #1 (permalink)

I figured I'd start a topic on this forum cuz I'm stupid bored at work, so what's your favorite movie quote? For me it's the cheesy one's like "Why don't you stick around?"-Arnold Schwartzenegger in Predator as he threw a knife & stuck the guy to a pillar. But, yea just type your favorite movie quote & if you can, state the movie & actor.

Jan 18, 2010 11:09 AM ET #2 (permalink)

Simpsons Movie- Marge Simpson: “How did the pig tracks get on the ceiling?”
[cuts to Homer holding a pig to the ceiling]
Homer Simpson: [singing Tune to Spider-Man Theme Song] “Spider-Pig, Spider-Pig. / Does whatever a Spider-Pig does. / Can he swing / from a web? / No he *can't*, / cause he's a *pig*. / Look out! / He is the *Spider-Pig*!”

lol

Jan 18, 2010 11:16 AM ET #3 (permalink)

Why are you trying so hard to fit in when you were born to stand out?

- From the movie "what a girl wants"

Jan 18, 2010 11:22 AM ET #4 (permalink)

Arnold has a lot of great lines. I started talking to my kids in my Arnold voice, telling them to "chill out" (definitely not a "great line" - just highly applicable) and a few other things. I can't think of any other great lines that I appreciate at the moment. Just thought I'd chime in on the Arnold thing.

That Simpsons scene did crack me up and I only saw it on the previews. I love that show when I actually get to see it.

Jan 18, 2010 11:25 AM ET #5 (permalink)

"Well we've got 200 miles to Chicago, a full tank of gas, half pack of cigarrettes, it's dark, we're wearing sunglasses"-Elwood

"Hit it"-Jake

from The Blues Brothers while Jake & Elwood are under the tunnel after their gig.

Jan 18, 2010 6:04 PM ET #6 (permalink)

This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time.

Fuck off with your sofa units and strine green stripe patterns, I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say let... lets evolve, let the chips fall where they may.

First you have to give up, first you have to *know*... not fear... *know*... that someday you're gonna die.

It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your fucking khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world

Listen up, maggots. You are not special. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else.

The things you own end up owning you

Man, I see in fight club the strongest and smartest men who've ever lived. I see all this potential, and I see squandering. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need. We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off.

Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken.- FIGHT CLUB

The answer is out there, Neo, and it's looking for you, and it will find you if you want it to.

If real is what you can feel, smell, taste and see, then 'real' is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain

What are you waiting for? You're faster than this. Don't think you are, know you are

Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth.There is no spoon.
Then you'll see, that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself.

I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species and I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply and multiply until every natural resource is consumed and the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You're a plague and we are the cure

I know *exactly* what you mean. Let me tell you why you're here. You're here because you know something. What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life, that there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad. It is this feeling that has brought you to me. Do you know what I'm talking about?

That you are a slave, Neo. Like everyone else you were born into bondage. Into a prison that you cannot taste or see or touch. A prison for your mind.
I'm trying to free your mind, Neo. But I can only show you the door. You're the one that has to walk through it.
Free your mind- THE MATRIX

(This post was last edited on January 18, 2010 at 6:13 PM ET.)

Jan 18, 2010 6:07 PM ET #7 (permalink)

"Let off some steam Bennett!" - Arnie again. Commando, after throwing a pipe through the antagonist.

"Remember, this is a team job... which means you all have to do what I say." - Michael Caine in the original Italian Job.

Plus more or less anything from Chopper. That's one of my all time favourites based on great lines and the sheer entertainment value. For example:

"I've known the bloke for ten years, he's me best mate. You don't say anything against your best mate. It's like if ya mum stabbed ya. You don't go to the police, you say 'Shit, Mum's stabbed me. I'd better go to hospital.'"

(This post was last edited on January 18, 2010 at 6:23 PM ET.)

Jan 18, 2010 6:27 PM ET #8 (permalink)

Surely you can't be serious.
I am serious... and don't call me Shirley
-Airplane

Jan 18, 2010 6:32 PM ET #9 (permalink)

This thread can end now. Natsquatch quoted the master quote. Best...line...ever.

Jan 19, 2010 1:51 AM ET #10 (permalink)

Arnie: Consider this a divorce...

"...and the snozzberries taste like snozzberries!"

"Chlorophyll? More like BOREophyll."

Jan 19, 2010 2:19 AM ET #11 (permalink)

Wow, I actually came into this thread just to post the Airplane quote... guess I'm not needed then! That really is the greatest movie quote ever, although cumulatively Arnie gets it - "I let him go" - haha Commando is a god damn classic.

Jan 19, 2010 3:22 AM ET #12 (permalink)

"Chlorophyll? More like BOREophyll."

^ Lmao. Adam Sandler in his prime.

"I love the smell of napalm in the morning"

Jan 19, 2010 3:31 AM ET #13 (permalink)

"You're ghostin' us, motherfucker. I don't care who you are back in the world, you give away our position one more time, I'll bleed ya, real quiet. Leave ya here. Got that?"

Beautiful.

Jan 19, 2010 5:47 AM ET #14 (permalink)

Airplane... great movie, great quote, couldn't give it best ever tho. I'm pretty sure I could devote an entire new thread to Billy Madison/Happy Gilmore. Commando is also a fantastic movie, but I still prefer his line in Total Recall (the one in my last post). "You're fired" from True Lies is a good moment, too :)

Jan 19, 2010 12:27 PM ET #15 (permalink)

Airplane FTW. lol, I love that movie.

Super Troopers had a lot of good ones, too, like the snozzberries one. And "Who wants a mustache ride?!?!"

Another great one from Fight Club: "Bob? Bob had bitch tits."

Jan 19, 2010 1:05 PM ET #16 (permalink)

Did anyone mention the Family Guy episode where Mayor West points to the dog poop and exclaims "they all thought I was crazy when I said you could grow sausages"!

Jan 19, 2010 4:08 PM ET #17 (permalink)

"Well how about this? You're driving with your family on the highway to go on a vacation, then your kid in the back seat says 'DADDY, DADDY, I GOTTA PEE!' & then the other one says ' ARE WE THERE YET?', so you turn around & yell back 'SHUT UP, WE CAN'T STOP! WE'RE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE HIGHWAY & WE'RE ALMOST THERE!' then your wife yells 'LOOK OUT!' it's a big semi headin' right for ya! So you're like 'AHHHHH- SCCCCCRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEAAAACCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!' then you fall down a cliff & die a horrible death & then when the fire truck gets there to clean up the wreakage he's like 'OH MY GOD!' while the other guy is puking his brains out 'BLLLLAAAAAHHHHHH, BLLLAAAAHHHHH!' & all because you just wanted to save a couple of pretty pennies on your brakes.- Tommy Callahan from Tommy Boy

Has my vote of one of the best movies ever.

Jan 19, 2010 4:10 PM ET #18 (permalink)

Hope you like what you see. HOPE YOU LIKE WHAT YOU SEEEE!!!!!

if youre pro you will know what movie thats off of, BG would know ;)

Jan 19, 2010 4:20 PM ET #19 (permalink)

CoHace: Rings a bell...

Also, there were too many to count in Fear and Loathing In Las Vegas.

Jan 19, 2010 4:41 PM ET #20 (permalink)

BG: its House of a 1000 Corpses 0.0 and Fear and Loathing is an amazing movie, the best quote from that movie i would say is "the mescalin was wearing off, the acid long gone, but the ether was going strong" makes me laugh every time

Jan 19, 2010 4:57 PM ET #21 (permalink)

CoHace: Right! Fish boy! My bad. I'm old though so slack shall be cut.

Jan 19, 2010 5:08 PM ET #22 (permalink)

"Look at the size of that boy's head. It's like an orange on a toothpick"

"It's like Sputnik...large and spherical. Ohh that was a bit offsides wasn't it? Now he's gonna go and cry himself to sleep on his huge pillow."

Jan 19, 2010 7:28 PM ET #23 (permalink)

Saul: It's like, if you took that Blue Oyster shit I gave you last week, and then that crazy African Kush I had that one time.. and they had a baby. And then meanwhile, that crazy Northern Light shit I had, and that Red shit I had, made a baby. And by some crazy miracle, those two babies got together, and fucked... this would be it!

Dale Denton: Oh. Wow. This is the product of baby fucking.

Pineapple express FTW .. You just got killed by a daewoo lanos mother fucker !!

Jan 19, 2010 7:32 PM ET #24 (permalink)

Fear and loathing .. this is bat country

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a saltshaker half-full of cocaine, and a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers... Also, a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether, and two dozen amyls. Not that we needed all that for the trip, but once you get into locked a serious drug collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can. The only thing that really worried me was the ether. There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge, and I knew we'd get into that rotten stuff pretty soon.

Jan 19, 2010 9:10 PM ET #25 (permalink)

SH: Lmfao yeah i forgot about that fear and loathing quote

has anyone seen Tron?

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum