"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Extreme Album Artists

Posted in: Forum Home >> Extreme Metal >> Extreme Album Artists

Displaying 2 posts
Displaying 2 posts
Jan 17, 2010 11:02 PM ET #1 (permalink)

In the "Technology Ruining the Art" thread, the topic of extreme metal album covers was brought up and how it enhances the album experience. I thought maybe we could use a thread to promote some of the better artists and provide links to some of their better works.

One of my favorite artists has always been Dan Seagrave, and his cover for Suffocation's "Souls to Deny" is just fantastic.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Bj4PiB7q4f0/RxJb1cmEV3I/AAAAAAAAAV8/XzI-OnjaBII/s320/Suffocation%2520Souls%2520To%2520Deny--f.jpg

Jan 18, 2010 9:45 PM ET #2 (permalink)

oh, definently. dan is the man. all of his album covers and other art work are absolute classics. i totally agree with ya man.

If I had to go with someone that has encapsulated a genre, it would have to be peter beste (peterbeste.com). his photos of the black metal artists in and out of corpse paint and behind the scenes is pretty fuckin amazing to me. its worth checking out.

but for artwork ive always liked the old paintings that a lot of the older (some newer) black metal bands use. like burzum's albums were pretty cool. they were mysterious looking, it adds to the experience of the album. i also like marduk's albums have a lot of the same effect as well.

sorry i dont know any names, im sure a bit of searching around the internet would turn up something but im lazy right now. later though.

Reply to Discussion or Return to Extreme Metal forum