"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

THRASH METAL

Posted in: Forum Home >> Classic Metal >> THRASH METAL

Displaying posts 101 - 110 of 110 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Displaying posts 101 - 110 of 110 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Sep 2, 2011 4:21 PM ET #101 (permalink)

I already got Forbidden Evil by Forbidden, it's great! But thanks for Violence and heathen, I'll check'em out too. Yes I really love Dark Angels Darkness Descends album.

So I think I got enough Bands to continue. Thanks guys for the help

Sep 3, 2011 9:01 PM ET #102 (permalink)

ahh yea i love me some thrash, right now i'm listening to some ultimatum. not in the know about a whole lot of thrash bands though. i like some old school 'tallica, older megadeth, testament. checked out kreator earlier from reading this thread liked that alot. saw a shout out for living sacrifices s/t album, well done if not too much a slayer clone minus the lyrics.

Sep 3, 2011 11:51 PM ET #103 (permalink)

Forbidden's last album is fantastic. It's like a better Nevermore on crack.

Just redug out that last Overkill album too; that shit is still good months later.

Warbringer's new album may possibly be awesome, after the two samples Ive heard. I was let down by their last one, considering how awesome and over the top their first album was, but these new songs sound like a fusion of the two albums, so I'm mildly anticipatory.

Nov 20, 2011 7:47 AM ET #104 (permalink)

Sort of stumbled across this while looking for thrash gigs in Japan (not sure how) But I thought I would chime in with my thrash two cents.
It goes like this:
The old school bands like Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax, Testament, Slayer etc I love them for their classics and first few albums but in truth I feel apart from Megadeth and Testament they've all lost the feeling of thrash that bands like Kreator, Destruction, Sodom, Exodus, Forbidden, Violator, Warbringer and so on still give you.
I'm awfully interested in the "sort of" new wave thrash (can't really think of a better way to put it) such as Evile, Municipal waste,Bonded by Blood.... Seen them a few times and they've always been spectacular and true to thrash form.
As for Xentrix, funnily enough, I used to own an original ghostbusters 12" vinyl with the banned cover.

And that is pretty much all I had to say - because I was bored.
Oh but if anyone knows about ANY decent thrash gigs in Tokyo then you're more than welcome to let me know!

Nov 21, 2011 7:16 PM ET #105 (permalink)

Beneath the remains by sepultura!!! One of the best albums imo

Nov 29, 2011 11:31 AM ET #106 (permalink)

Gota say theres a new thrash band called Fueled by Fire that i thinks freakin sweet but havent heard from them in along wile.

Jan 21, 2012 12:39 PM ET #107 (permalink)

Please check us out we are new on the scene and we are trying to get the word out!

download any of our four recordings for free- http://www.reverbnation.com/sleeplessnc

join us on facebook all news comes from here-http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sleepless/118619158216715?ref=ts

we have live videos updated regularly on youtube youtube.com/sleeplessthrash

please support us metal or die!

Jan 21, 2012 12:39 PM ET #108 (permalink)

Please check us out we are new on the scene and we are trying to get the word out!

download any of our four recordings for free- http://www.reverbnation.com/sleeplessnc

join us on facebook all news comes from here-http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sleepless/118619158216715?ref=ts

we have live videos updated regularly on youtube youtube.com/sleeplessthrash

please support us metal or die!

Jan 21, 2012 1:47 PM ET #109 (permalink)

EXCITER!!!

Jan 21, 2012 6:02 PM ET #110 (permalink)

hey sleepless i see you are in matthews nc...im in charlotte....any shows coming up anytime soon?

Reply to Discussion or Return to Classic Metal forum