"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

THRASH METAL

Posted in: Forum Home >> Classic Metal >> THRASH METAL

Displaying posts 51 - 75 of 110 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Displaying posts 51 - 75 of 110 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Jan 21, 2010 10:26 PM ET #51 (permalink)

yo shredder have you heard of arkayic revolt from canada?

Jan 22, 2010 4:43 AM ET #52 (permalink)

never liked voivod have a hard time playing their music

but hirax yeaah hope to see them soon in venazuela

Jan 23, 2010 9:08 PM ET #53 (permalink)

ooh ooh, Coroner - Mental Vortex, amazing album, so underrated as a band
could listen to this album whatever mood i'm in, its just beautiful

(This post was last edited on January 23, 2010 at 9:11 PM ET.)

Jan 23, 2010 9:38 PM ET #54 (permalink)

Branded - Nope, never heard of them. I'll look them up on the space.

Ah, Coroner. A band I've heard so much about but never got around to checking them out.

Been listening to Whiplash and Overkill all day.

Jan 23, 2010 10:39 PM ET #55 (permalink)

aww take a break from it shredder and put some coroner on, you know you want to haha. you'll be impressed man i assure you. start with mental vortex and punishment for decadence. seriously cant believe i forgot about these guys, been listening to them on and off for years but they always manage to have something for me haha. amazing musicmanship, not sure who the guitarist is or if he's been in other bands since but he's rather talented.

Jan 24, 2010 3:00 PM ET #56 (permalink)

My favourite thrash album is actually by Megadeth. In fact, "Risk" is the best thing to evar happen to thrash.

Jan 25, 2010 1:35 PM ET #57 (permalink)

and lo i proclaimeth, the oz man has reached a last ditch effort to anoy me, haha

Jan 25, 2010 1:37 PM ET #58 (permalink)

*pulls the face*

Of course I'm joking, "Cryptic Writings" is where it's really at.

Jan 25, 2010 5:17 PM ET #59 (permalink)

Where is everyone in this thread? Oz reminded me to go get a Kyuss album and I've been listening to the slow groovin of Blues for a Red Sun (corrected). Awesome album. But someone mentioned Witchery here and I had to throw Don't Fear the Reaper into my playlist between Testament and Arch Enemy. That's some good shit.

I'm still listening to Hatchet's debut CD in my car two years later and not much pure thrash otherwise. I really should get around to checking out a lot of these bands mentioned though. So many bands, so little time.

(This post was last edited on January 26, 2010 at 9:45 AM ET.)

Feb 9, 2010 11:34 AM ET #60 (permalink)

Man with Ellefson back in the band i cant wait for the Megadeth show with testament next month. Man i am so stoked Skolinik-less and all to see finally see Testament!!

Feb 9, 2010 5:22 PM ET #61 (permalink)

sweet db, i'm glad you liked witchery, theyre too underrated

Feb 12, 2010 1:16 PM ET #62 (permalink)

someone give me some bands to check out!!!!!! iv been diein for some new stuff to listen too

Feb 12, 2010 1:18 PM ET #63 (permalink)

punk: check out Voivod, Slayer, Artillery, Strapping Young Lad (death/thrash), that'll do ya for now ;)

Feb 12, 2010 1:21 PM ET #64 (permalink)

yah slayer rocks. ill check out the other one

Feb 13, 2010 12:07 AM ET #65 (permalink)

^you seem like a guy who would enjoy Anthrax. Nothing like Slayer though, they're just silly thrash. On that note, check out Gama Bomb. Fast, really thrashy, and the vocals will have you splitting at the sides with laughter at how rediculous they are.

Feb 19, 2010 4:16 AM ET #66 (permalink)

Wehrmacht (Band)
Shark Attack (Album)

Relentless Speed Assault...

Feb 19, 2010 5:30 AM ET #67 (permalink)

must say old exodus
but the ones who stayed true to old thrashmetal are HIRAX
they fucking still kick ass

Feb 20, 2010 1:35 AM ET #68 (permalink)

^ Agreed. I need to order some Hirax as soon as I've got the dough. I've heard a few songs of theirs via the YouTube, and I'd love to pick up an album of theirs.

Feb 20, 2010 4:39 AM ET #69 (permalink)

pick the newest cd it kicks ass
shame that band di dnot make it big
they are long time around same as the big 4 of thrash
but why hirax did not mad
e it have no fucking clue

Feb 20, 2010 1:25 PM ET #70 (permalink)

Most likely due to the fact that they only released 2 full length albums in the 80's and they hardly had any activity going on after '87 up to the 00's.

Feb 21, 2010 6:19 AM ET #71 (permalink)

thats true

Feb 21, 2010 6:45 AM ET #72 (permalink)

Haven't rellly liked a Slayer album since Divine Intervention but I'm kinda liking World Painted Blood.

Feb 24, 2010 7:54 AM ET #73 (permalink)

world paited blood a good album

Feb 24, 2010 9:57 AM ET #74 (permalink)

Been jammin' to some Toxic Holocaust and Municipal Waste lately. These two bands go together like ciggarettes and suspensions!

Feb 24, 2010 10:42 PM ET #75 (permalink)

Toxic Holocaust and Municipal Waste are pretty decent.

Been listening to Whiplash all day today. I fucking love that band...

Reply to Discussion or Return to Classic Metal forum