"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Any Surf Metal Bands?

Posted in: Forum Home >> Non-Metal Music Discussion >> Any Surf Metal Bands?

Displaying 3 posts
Displaying 3 posts
Mar 5, 2013 1:12 PM ET #1 (permalink)

I am a huge fan of Surf Rock like Dick Dale, the Bel-Airs, the Ventures, The Pyramids and "modern" surf like the Mermen, Man or Astroman, the Vanduras and the Pyronauts. I've been wondering lately is their surf metal? I know their were a few Surf Punk bands, most notably Agent Orange but also the Surf Punks, and Radio Birdman had a large surf influence.
Any know of any surf metal? I know their is Rockabilly Metal like Volbeat but haven't found any surf metal.

Mar 6, 2013 8:46 PM ET #2 (permalink)

damn, i didnt know such a thing existed!!

Apr 21, 2013 2:28 AM ET #3 (permalink)

Although I searched youtube and did not find much on the first few pages,
The first thing that came to mind is a THRASH band: Sacred Reich
Perhaps not quite what you are looking for I bet, but worth a listen ...

http://youtu.be/XczM1oI6fYc

If there is any more SURF metal out there, I want to hear it too!

(This post was last edited on April 21, 2013 at 2:32 AM ET.)

Reply to Discussion or Return to Non-Metal Music Discussion forum