"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Industrial, EBM & Trad Goth

Posted in: Forum Home >> Non-Metal Music Discussion >> Industrial, EBM & Trad Goth

Displaying posts 1 - 25 of 28 1 2 Last
Displaying posts 1 - 25 of 28 1 2 Last
Jan 17, 2010 7:58 AM ET #1 (permalink)

i cant be the only one on here who is partial to a bit of electronic noise.. The likes of Suicide Commando, Wumpscut, VNV Nation Covenant ect....

Anyone know of which i speak?

Jan 17, 2010 1:07 PM ET #2 (permalink)

Wumpscut from germany???

Bind, torture, kill album from suicide commando right??? of maybe i'm confusing them with someone else :o

Jan 17, 2010 5:02 PM ET #3 (permalink)

I don't mind that sort of stuff - deathtomusic.com has some fairly unheard of electronic/industrial/black/death metal projects on there, albums are free to download, but they're usually only EP's of four or five songs. As for Goth music, I tried asking my goth friends back in highschool five or so years ago, and they pretty much just said Katatonia, Opeth and Marilyn Manson. I pretty much ignore those people now, but if someone wants to show me some actual goth music, I will not complain.

Jan 17, 2010 6:09 PM ET #4 (permalink)

I've been listening to Pet Shop Boys alot lately. Does that count as Electronic or just pop?

Jan 17, 2010 10:18 PM ET #5 (permalink)

Bauhaus is a great goth band; definitely old school.

As far as electronic stuff goes, I've been listening to an unsigned band called Circle of Dead Squirrels (they release all their albums independently). They're a bit industrial, a bit electronic; definitely interesting.

Jan 18, 2010 4:22 PM ET #6 (permalink)

Velvet Acid Christ is probably a favorite of mine here.

Jan 19, 2010 9:24 PM ET #7 (permalink)

Does anyone here listen to Laibach? this a really good EBM band, heres a link..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zSRcFxZVAA

Dulce Liquido is awesome too =P

Jan 20, 2010 1:42 AM ET #8 (permalink)

always a good one is Wumpscut - music for a German Tribe.. nice and heavy by EBM industrial standards

Feb 1, 2010 4:04 PM ET #9 (permalink)

Sisters of Mercy. Not so big on V&V even though i've seen them live. KMFDM is also worth mentioning.

Feb 7, 2010 4:04 AM ET #10 (permalink)

have been lissening to softcell the last few days at my house

Feb 12, 2010 1:46 PM ET #11 (permalink)

anyone here listen to Skinny Puppy?

Feb 12, 2010 1:46 PM ET #12 (permalink)

anyone here listen to Skinny Puppy?

Feb 12, 2010 11:32 PM ET #13 (permalink)

Diamond Oz: "I've been listening to Pet Shop Boys alot lately. Does that count as Electronic or just pop?"

No, they're neither actually. The genre the actually belong to is SCREAMING HOMOSEXUAL!!!!

Actually, I have no idea what genre they are, I just needed a semi-clever way to call you gay for listening to the Pet Shop Boys. I feel gay for just understanding how gay they are. I feel tainted by their gayness. GAAHH!! See! I said Taint! It's in my head now. GAAAHHH!!!!

Ignore the bit above.

The closest I get to Electronica or goth is Xzibit....sooooo....not at all is what I mean to say.

Feb 17, 2010 5:10 AM ET #14 (permalink)

Do i go to slimelights next weekend and see Suicide commando or do i wait til the sunday and go on a metal pub crawl with my mates then hit camden for a dead beyond burid gig?

Mar 2, 2010 9:48 AM ET #15 (permalink)

i'm an avid NIN fan, so gotta mention them. also i LOVE metal and rock that mixes in electronic sounds and noises and stuff like mushroomhead, depeche mode's later stuff, static-x, orgy, and julien-k.

Mar 2, 2010 5:22 PM ET #16 (permalink)

I was a huge fan of NIN in my teens - I got older, I guess, and Trent just didn't have the impact on me that he used to.

I was also heavily into KMFDM (and I admit it, I liked MDFMK's album, too), Skinny Puppy, all those groups like that, though it shames me to be having trouble remembering most of them now, 15 years later.

And if we can mention Static-X or Orgy, I feel a need to mention Fear Factory, despite them not falling into this genre classification - I mean, they're definitely not "Industrial, EBM & Trad Goth", but they do mix a lot of industrial elements, electronic noise stuff into their music... It's what makes them, IMO.

Mar 3, 2010 12:54 AM ET #17 (permalink)

I was kinda into Powerman 5000 when I was like 11, dats about it though.

Mar 4, 2010 6:21 AM ET #18 (permalink)

Just remembered one while reading the new Revolver - Rhys Fulber and Front Line Assembly! How could I forget?!?

Jun 9, 2010 6:14 PM ET #19 (permalink)

'Funker Vogt' und 'Das Ich' spiel sehr gut musik.

Jun 12, 2010 9:59 PM ET #20 (permalink)

I've been listening to KMFDM a lot lately.. I picked up a few of their earlier albums, like "Angst," "Nihil," and "Xtort," and I've been digging those.

Jun 13, 2010 5:14 AM ET #21 (permalink)

I haven't really even really looked at this thread until now, but I (several months late) second Blind on Sisters of Mercy being pretty neat.

Aug 11, 2010 7:27 AM ET #22 (permalink)

Saw Combichrist last week...

Awesome

Aug 11, 2010 10:13 AM ET #23 (permalink)

^^^ i bet. would love to see that shit. i'm not even that huge of a fan, but i just think it'll be rlly fucking kool to see.

Dec 17, 2010 5:33 AM ET #24 (permalink)

18/02/2011

BODY FARM FESTIVAL: THIRTY YEARS OF PARADE GROUND

PARADE GROUND & FRIENDS (FRONT 242 MEMBERS)
RED SNIPER "RE-ACTIVATED"
M3D
SOLAR SKELETONS
LE SYNDICAT MMX
:CODES

retroacts:
MARIA
TZII

afterparty:
DJ BERND
DJ MORPHEUS

records sale by WOOL-E-SHOP
vintage merchandise by TRANSMISSION 242

18h30
8€ / 12€

@ Magasin 4
51b avenue du port
1000 Brussels
Belgium

http://www.bodyfarmfestival.org

(This post was last edited on December 19, 2010 at 9:03 AM ET.)

Feb 15, 2011 8:47 AM ET #25 (permalink)

hello Body Farmers

The 30th anniversary of Parade Ground will take place in 4 days this

friday in Brussels

Featuring members of Front 242 and many other well known liveacts

and Dj's

the presales (8€) are available by paypal here:

http://www.bodyfarmfestival.org/bodyfarmcontact.html
warning: presales will be closed on thursday night at 10 p.m

doors opening at 6:30 pm, first live act will begin early and on

time so be there !!!

every infos about the artists, schedule etc here: