"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Early Man IndieGoGo Campaign

Posted in: Forum Home >> Classic Metal >> Early Man IndieGoGo Campaign

Displaying 1 post
Displaying 1 post
Mar 4, 2013 1:11 PM ET #1 (permalink)

This is an article I wrote to promote one of my favorite bands, Early Man. Their indiegogo campaign is struggling a bit and I'm trying to garner any support I can. This article has been submitted to b-mouth, this website, metalsucks.net, and many others. Lets see who will be awesome and publish it for me :P

Early Man, the traditional heavy metal band who founded in 2003 is asking for pledges to help fund their new album through IndieGogo. The band best known for their releases "Closing In" and "Death Potion" is currently without a record label and is hoping with fan support that they can release a new album. On the subject, Mike Conte, vocalist/guitarist of Early Man says "After many years spent recording full length records on larger labels we’ve decided to take a DIY approach with this record. We have all of the tools at our disposal necessary to make an amazing record, including songs that are already written. We want to make that record free of any outside involvement from labels, managers, producers, etc."

What do you get for pledging money towards the new record? Early Man has set up a series of perks through IndieGoGo that make supporting them feel more like a pre-order rather than a donation. The perks vary wildly depending on how much you pledge and some of those include: A Cd/Signed Poster bundle, writing lyrics for your own personalized song, autographed vinyl records, attending the listening party, recording a solo for the album, guitar lessons, and even having Early Man record an acoustic cover of any song you can think of.

"...Our first record Closing In put us in the hole about $150,000 BEFORE it even came out and the second one Death Potion, about $50,000 BEFORE it was out. We still haven't recouped on tens of thousands of dollars on both of those records. This record, however, will be a refreshing change of pace." -Mike Conte

Any support is appreciated and will go directly towards funding Early Man's new album. Why buy merch with an unnecessary middleman when you can make sure the artist gets the money directly? You can help make this Early Man record a reality at http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/327124/x/2365295

IndieGoGo Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMgZXX3LlpQ

"Brainwashed at Birth" by Early Man:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBotFUpfhag

Reply to Discussion or Return to Classic Metal forum