"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

What type calls to your metal heart ?

Posted in: Forum Home >> Extreme Metal >> What type calls to your metal heart ?

Displaying posts 1 - 25 of 52 1 2 3 Last
Displaying posts 1 - 25 of 52 1 2 3 Last
Jan 17, 2010 12:54 AM ET #1 (permalink)

I would have to say for me death metal is a favorite although i do like some stuff thats a little softer but death seems to get me in a pumped up mood :P

Anyway as in the title what calls to you metal heart ?

Discuss ..

Jan 17, 2010 1:01 AM ET #2 (permalink)

commercializing trend needs to be killed!! DM is not a fashion, its about the way you continue your whole life depicting your maturity in your behaviour, if u really know the meaning!

(This post was last edited on January 17, 2010 at 1:02 AM ET.)

Jan 17, 2010 1:06 AM ET #3 (permalink)

Meer well i wasn't exactly going for a what rocks your whole entire world what do you commit to day in and day out i was leaning towards more of a type of music just the music but whatever ..

Jan 17, 2010 1:16 AM ET #4 (permalink)

What u take and what u feel should have a deeper perception and a new meaning to your life, isn't it should be??? Then what will be the difference in listening between Bryan Adams and DM???

Jan 17, 2010 2:28 AM ET #5 (permalink)

Yeah it does but i don't see how saying its my favorite is in anyway saying that i don't commit to it that it doesn't bring new meaning to my life , how are to know i don't commit to it , the fact that i said it puts me in a pumped up mood is then and there saying it contributes to my feelings and emotions which depicts my day to day life ...
And i wont dignify your question with an answer for that last bit lol

Im not commercializing anything i wanted to know who people in this forum are and music has alot to do with who i am so and im hoping since this forum is about music and a particular genre of music that everyone else does too .. if im commercializing death metal then this forums commercializes metal all together .

I get just as annoyed at fake little emo bitches or fags who sit there listening to bands such as the used and then think they are all hardcore and are true metal fans then they all walk around like sheep with scene style hair some black clothes and some black eyeliner ... It seems to em that your more judging me and judging me on your own assumptions which is fine you can but im just saying my peace if you still think the same then alwel cant fucken change ya mind .

Jan 17, 2010 3:19 AM ET #6 (permalink)

What death metal bands do you listen to Sarah-jane? I've always wanted to know what it's like for a girl to like death metal. I'm a guy so have enough trouble understand what goes through the average girls mind let alone one who listens to Deicide haha.

Over the last two years I've become more and more involved with doom metal. Funeral Doom really resonates with me, drone is interesting, Type O Negative have become one of my favourite bands and I'm listening to bands like Draconian and whatnot more now. I can't say dooms my favourite since all extreme genres hold special places for me, but I think I understand doom well.

Jan 17, 2010 3:37 AM ET #7 (permalink)

For me Obviously slayer um cannibal corpse , lamb of god , crytopsy , bloodbath those are some of the few :)

Jan 17, 2010 4:39 AM ET #8 (permalink)

Well I wouldn't call LoG death metal but Cryptopsy definitely, NSV was the first really brutal album I got into, it's a classic. I think I've only met one chick in real life who was really into metal before, she noticed I was wearing a Burning Witch t-shirt (bit of an obscure band) and I told her I knew the band on her shirt Otesanek (a REALLY obscure band) so I had a chat to her. Metal shows always teach me never to judge a book by it's cover!

Jan 17, 2010 7:51 AM ET #9 (permalink)

Death, Thrash and old skool NWOBHM although im getting into Black metal lot now

Jan 17, 2010 4:54 PM ET #10 (permalink)

I would have to say black metal for sure is my main function these days. but ive also been getting into a lot of the "drone" ambient stuff. bands like sunn O))), om, the angelic process and such...but yea, black metal is absolutely amazing.

Jan 17, 2010 5:01 PM ET #11 (permalink)

also, i dont think you have to live like the musical style you love. i listen to a shit ton of black metal and such but i dont go around burnin down church and killin fags....if you listen to cannibal corpse, you cant go around fuckin everyone with knives....ya know? metal is a true outlet for us not a way to act.
chicks in metal are very interesting. i go to around 2 or 3 shows a month here in seattle and out of the 10 to 15 girls there at the metal show, only 2 or 3 actually listen to super hardcore black metal and death metal. also, its hard to find a super cool metal chick that isnt a dike or already taken by some dude with a bandanna around his head and a death magnetic shirt on. horrible stuff but it happens...

Jan 17, 2010 6:24 PM ET #12 (permalink)

It's also hard to find "metal" chicks that don't try WAY too hard and end up acting absolutely retarded (though the same thing could be said for the dudes, it's just more noticeable because there's obviously a lot fewer females). Good thing I don't care about petty things like if a girl likes the devil's music or not, otherwise I'd almost certainly be sentencing myself to a pretty lonely existence.

Anyways, back to the original topic. All the metal I listen to will get my dick hard, it just depends on my mood. To me, genres are for categorization and description, not picking favorites.

Jan 17, 2010 10:27 PM ET #13 (permalink)

Nat: Agreed with both points in your post, lol. I live in Iowa, where I know of NO women who listen to real metal. People who categorize Disturbed and Skillet as "death metal" don't count.

Jan 17, 2010 10:31 PM ET #14 (permalink)

yea. although ive only dated one chick thats been into actually "real" metal and not disturbed or slipknot or whatevers popular i dont date many metal chicks. i would love to land a cute chick thats into metal cuz that would be awesome but you said it nat, it would be pretty lonely to just look for one of those...it sucks but its life i guess...

Jan 18, 2010 12:04 AM ET #15 (permalink)

HH- Lulz. Fucking Skillet.

Jan 18, 2010 1:50 AM ET #16 (permalink)

And i will not be very much surprised to see the banana guys who can't pick up the transcendental themes lurking in the realms of norse BM after going on several times and thereupon puking as well as rebuking the legions through either their church burning acts or racist remarks.

Jan 18, 2010 2:22 AM ET #17 (permalink)

Yeah see for me i hate when chicks are fake , like they say they love this song and you ask them oh whats your favorite line and they are like umm the chorus .. drives me fucking insane most of them cant understand whats being sung because they havent listen to enough of death metal to understand .... i just love metal i just do .. its just my type of music end of story .

Nothing grinds my gears more then bitches who try hard ..

Jan 18, 2010 2:16 PM ET #18 (permalink)

Cynic, thank you for mentioning Draconian. They're highly underrated I think. I'm a bit like Nats/Hammer. I can say I like death/black/prog, but it won't amount to much when you think about all the variants within those genres.

I'm really getting interested in folk metal, honestly, but that dips into the three genres I already mentioned.

I guess I like intellectually stimulating metal?

Jan 18, 2010 7:57 PM ET #19 (permalink)

Nu metal.

Jan 18, 2010 8:12 PM ET #20 (permalink)

On the subject of women liking metal, a friend of mine said this: "then theres that awesome feeling you get listening to some tunes where a riff will kick in and just give you some dodgy looking cumface while air guitaring. no words necisary, just cumface."

At this point I suggested cum face metal as a new genre, to which she seemed quite enthusiastic about until I asked her to help me achieve it. My request was denied.

Jan 18, 2010 8:54 PM ET #21 (permalink)

Oz, I'm starting to think you should have your own metal comedy column each week. Hell, I'd tune in on a Thursday to read a story like that haha!

Jan 18, 2010 9:01 PM ET #22 (permalink)

Haha thanks! Petition Deathbringer for it, he might just grant you your request!

Jan 18, 2010 9:04 PM ET #23 (permalink)

I second that, we could have you reviewing Lamb of God CD's..

Hilarity ensues!

Jan 18, 2010 9:05 PM ET #24 (permalink)

"Lamb Of God? Moar liek SHAM OF GOD! 3/5"

Jan 18, 2010 9:09 PM ET #25 (permalink)

anyway, talking of comedy, explain this love of nu metal ozz?

Reply to Discussion or Return to Extreme Metal forum