"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Doom Metal?

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> Doom Metal?

Displaying 4 posts
Displaying 4 posts
Feb 16, 2013 10:09 PM ET #1 (permalink)

Any suggestions, I am really interested to hear some good doom metal bands. I have been in a bit of a metal lull lately.

Feb 17, 2013 6:08 AM ET #2 (permalink)

Saint vitus - Born Too Late

Feb 17, 2013 7:23 PM ET #3 (permalink)

http://www.metalunderground.com/forum/thread/989/DeathDoom-Recommendations/

Also quoting myself elsewhere

"Thorr's Hammer is awesome - to me it's one side of the pentacle of O'Malley/Anderson works that are Sunn O))), Burning Witch, Khanate and Goatsnake. They are all awesome but Burning Witch to me is the ultimate.

As far as classic goes, try Trouble, Candlemass, Doomsword, Witchfinder General, St. Vitus, Pentagram, Solitude Aeturnus.

The big death doom bands are Evoken, Skepticism... "

Feb 17, 2013 8:12 PM ET #4 (permalink)

Thank you so much did not know any of this very helpful.

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum