"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Why does this forum exist?!

Posted in: Forum Home >> Core >> Why does this forum exist?!

Displaying posts 26 - 35 of 35 1 2 Last
Displaying posts 26 - 35 of 35 1 2 Last
Feb 18, 2010 3:33 PM ET #26 (permalink)

^ that another reason why i wouldnt go into a mosh pit

Feb 18, 2010 8:56 PM ET #27 (permalink)

im not old at all but i cant handle the mosh pits anymore. maybe if i get a bunch of beer in me and im super digging the band then i might get in there. the last time i saw cattle decapitation i jumped into the pit for about 2 minutes (the whole song mind you) then i was out with a quickness. just brutal...

Mar 2, 2010 6:21 PM ET #28 (permalink)

since for every 100 shitty and generic -core bands there are some great gems. Like The Dillinger Escape Plan.

Mar 2, 2010 6:55 PM ET #29 (permalink)

I like a lot of hardcore myself. the only thing that really puts me off of the scene in general is the damn fan base. there are few things as satisfying in this life as knocking down that one tool who though a perfectly good mosh pit was an invite to practice there kung-fu moves...

Of all the hardcore shows i've been too I think maybe one of them hasn't descended into a fist fight. When Madball and Blood for Blood played in DC years ago the cops ended up bringing in about 20 squad cars to deal with the riot that started. idiots.

Mar 18, 2010 5:43 PM ET #30 (permalink)

i love the pit and metalcore. only i dont do the whole standing and kicking. down here n texas only the little screamo atreyu a7x kids do that. so my job is to jump n and push them so others can follow and everyone can enjoy the pit ;)
metalcore is not a genre of its own. its still a subgenre as all those thousand little subgenres are all under metal, n not rock, or hard rock. sure theres fifty thousand bands u have to go throw n order to find the few that are creative, different, and have musicianship but ur gonna get that w every band or act wether it be death metal, progressive rock, country or hip hop.

Mar 22, 2010 2:28 PM ET #31 (permalink)

yeah us texans don't fuck around! \m/
i'd rather get gangraped and sodomized in the pit or whatever cohace was saying instead of hardcore dance like those mallcore kids :/

May 18, 2010 2:16 PM ET #32 (permalink)

(insertgenre)-core music does not fail on it's own. Perhaps so many musicians have generated the same sounds, time and time again, because it is a formula that works for them and their fans. One cannot blame musicians for producing what their fans expect and want. Some call it "selling out," but others might call it "giving them what they want." Hells, if people didn't want to hear it, it wouldn't be so popular.

May 19, 2010 1:35 AM ET #33 (permalink)

^by giving the fans what they want do you mean "alright, time to open up this bitch!!!" *breakdown breakdown breakdown* "time to fuck shit up" *asshole kicks me in the head cuz he's so pumped*. Yeah................ still don't get it

Aug 16, 2010 8:10 AM ET #34 (permalink)

I don't think a band should be judged how their fans act at shows. I don't mind the hardcore dancing or moshing if it doesn't effect my experiane at the show. It's when the fat assholes feel the need to come flailing into the crowd/me for no fucking reason is what pisses me off lol. I went to see Obituary like 2 Falls ago, and the whole support were hardcore bands, and some dbag somehow ended up in the front row and closelined me and I almost went over the stupid barricade. Lmao

Aug 16, 2010 8:51 AM ET #35 (permalink)

As much as i dislike the wannabe ninja fucks, I still say if you dont want to get hurt in any way, STAY THE FUCK AT THE BACK OF THE VENUE!!!!!!

Reply to Discussion or Return to Core forum