"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Looking for new music to play

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Music Discussion >> Looking for new music to play

Displaying 6 posts
Displaying 6 posts
Feb 13, 2013 1:37 PM ET #1 (permalink)

Hey all. I am a co-host on a student radio show called Mosh on the Radio, which is a weekly metal show playing a mixture of signed and underground artists.
One of my main aims as a host is to find as much good new talent as possible to air to our listeners, which we seem to be doing quite successfully. However, we are always looking for MORE!!!
I've signed up to the page so I can have a look through the different artists who are already posting stuff, or who are in the 'Band' section of the page. As a uni student though, I do have a lot of other work I need to do for my degree, so going through pages of stuff is something I do to procrastinate, haha!
If any of you have any suggestions to what we should play (thanks to Diamond Oz for one suggestion already) or if there are any bands interested, please don't hesitate to respond to this thread (which I will keep an eye on) or alternatively find us on Facebook.
I really hope this post isn't seen as 'spam' for being a kind of advert, as I genuinely want to help out underground metal artists on our show. We've played a lot of the submissions sent to us over the last couple of weeks mixed in with tracks from larger signed artists. I'm a firm believer in supporting grassroots metal!

Feb 14, 2013 5:16 AM ET #2 (permalink)

Hey! I noticed in the other thread you said you were a fan of Opeth and Katatonia, you should definitely check out the band Daylight Dies! They're like if you crammed Opeth and Katatonia together into a super band.

Also, check out our best of awards - we mention heaps of new underground bands:

http://www.metalunderground.com/news/details.cfm?newsid=87742

Feb 14, 2013 6:23 AM ET #3 (permalink)

Yup a fan of Daylight Dies too, got a couple of their albums :)

I'm gonna keep an eye on the news on here and have started looking through the different bands from different countries. Contacted the band from Zimbabwe that were mentioned through their Facebook to ask them for more information. I actively look through Bandcamp and Last.FM too. Currently listening to a band I found on Bandcamp called Friend for a Foe who are superb and was listening to Iron Thrones, who I also found on there a couple of months back, last night. Always looking for extra recommendations though, so thank you ^_^

Feb 19, 2013 6:16 PM ET #4 (permalink)

Ok next weeks show we're looking to find bands from every continent and from a obscure places as possible. If any bands are reading this and would like to be featured reply on here, cause I'm checking daily :)

Feb 28, 2013 11:07 AM ET #5 (permalink)

Hi Aine,

I'll just post a facebook link mate....

https://www.facebook.com/honeyforchrist?ref=hl

Stop by and say hello.

Mar 26, 2013 9:49 AM ET #6 (permalink)

Thanks for the link, CoUNT-LIQUER. I have liked the page and will have a looky.

We've started a new 'Band of the Week' for Mosh on the Radio where we interview a band and then play two tracks on our show. We started last week with Tromort and this week we have Trillion Red. We're looking for more artists to take part in that too. I'm gonna be cheeky and leave the link to the WordPress page. If admins aren't happy with this, I apologise in advance, feel to remove the link: http://moshontheradio.wordpress.com

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Music Discussion forum