"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Movies in 2010

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> Movies in 2010

Displaying posts 201 - 225 of 615 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 24 25 Last
Displaying posts 201 - 225 of 615 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 24 25 Last
May 11, 2011 5:31 PM ET #201 (permalink)

I'm probably going to check out Thor at some point. He was one of my faves as a kid. Moreso because I was brought up with norse tales instead of bedtime stories when I was a little fucker. Hated the Wolverine movie and refuse to see the Magnito movie for that very reason.

May 11, 2011 11:05 PM ET #202 (permalink)

The Magneto movie? Meaning the new X-men movie? I didn't like the Wolverine movie a lot either, but it was ok.

May 12, 2011 3:50 AM ET #203 (permalink)

I like seeing people die. Any movie with that is good in my book.

May 12, 2011 5:49 AM ET #204 (permalink)

TIM, how would you rate Hot Shots! - Part Deux? According to the bodycount(er) in the film, it's officially "the bloodiest movie ever"!

May 12, 2011 9:30 AM ET #205 (permalink)

well wolfie, clive owen in shoot 'em up had a HUGE body count of "bad guys" he killed himself. probably a true story based on his real life. carrots and all. and the sex with monica bellucci too.

bg: there is no magneto movie. it was in pre-production hell for a while, and it sounded interesting too. it was described as like the pianist but with magneto. but then they decided to just tie in main points of the story into the x-men: first class plot. such as him meeting prof x, becoming friends, forming their own group of mutants respectively, and then inevitably going their seperate ways due to different ideals. all while the story of the "first" x-men is going on, even tho there's characters that aren't supposed to be there >;.>; (ex. Havoc - cyclops' YOUNGER brother)

May 12, 2011 11:53 AM ET #206 (permalink)

I totally get that n0thing. But I aint gonna go se the damned thing.

May 12, 2011 12:56 PM ET #207 (permalink)

I think I am going to take the Misses to Thor this weekend. We haven't seen a movie yet this year and I read Thor for awhile. I have refrained from viewing any trailers or write ups; I want to go in not knowing anything about the story.

All the X-Men movies so far have been complete dogshit. My loathing is based on the sub-par scripts as well as the many deviations from the actually comic timeline. If I had been in charge of the franchise, the first movie would have been Iceman, Beast, Cyclops, Angel & Marvel Girl against the original brotherhood and from there progressed into the Dark Phoenix saga. I thought the Wolverine movie was the best one so far but that ain't sayin' much.

May 12, 2011 5:52 PM ET #208 (permalink)

i want bruno to write/direct the next reboot of x-men.

but u know what cartoon-to-film i want? mutha fuckin' gargoyles!! that outta be the shizz. BUT NO CGI!! i want real monsters, or at least life-like, like peter jackson's fx company (ex. district 9).

May 12, 2011 6:05 PM ET #209 (permalink)

Oh man a Gargoyles movie would be the shit! Where's the the Flash film? That's what I wanna know.

May 12, 2011 11:05 PM ET #210 (permalink)

I was keen on the Thor flic but then i saw the trailer and lost my chubby abit.
Thor was the tow truck driver in Adventures in Babysitting, thats how il remember him. That little kid was a Thor super fan dressing up as him and such. Then he took her helmet or she gave it to him while elizabeth shue wanted to see his hammer

May 12, 2011 11:07 PM ET #211 (permalink)

Flash? theyll fuck that one up for sure. I'm sketchy on Green Lantern as it is. The cgi in that looked like artsy horsecock. I can only imagine how retarted they'll make Flash's speed look. Probably try some "matrix" effects by slowing down everything to show how fast hes going, which I hate these days. the trick was cool once guys, fuckin stop it.

May 13, 2011 4:49 PM ET #212 (permalink)

completely agree with everything u said FAN about flash and GL. i'm every iffy about GL, and for the same reason. the cgi looks like it's from 2001 or something, wtf?? we're in 2011!! but the flash CAN be done right tho. it just depends on the writers/director.

May 13, 2011 4:56 PM ET #213 (permalink)

As long as they use the same soundtrack for Flash as they did in the first one I'd sit through it regardless. Queen did an awesome job on that.

May 14, 2011 3:59 AM ET #214 (permalink)

Wasn't that Flash Gordon not the Flash? Brian Blessed was in it if I recall correctly.

I went and saw Attack The Block yesterday, definitely recommend it. It's got some awesome action, it's funny and brilliantly shot.

May 15, 2011 6:50 AM ET #215 (permalink)

Just saw "The Hurt Locker" yesterday. Interesting film. Not what I expected at all.

The 3am "came back home drunk" film was Mad Max - The Road Warrior. Much better than I remembered it being. It's interesting no one's managed to nail that "desert post apocalypse mayhem" stuff ever again.

May 15, 2011 6:53 AM ET #216 (permalink)

Nh, oh yeah... "Shoot ' em up". That's such a fun film! Owen was superb on it. I don't actually care about bellucci that much, ok, nice pair, but that's about it ;)

If "Shoot ' em up" doesnt put you on a good mood, then you gotta a serious problem, IMO.

May 15, 2011 7:01 AM ET #217 (permalink)

I haven't seen Shoot 'em Up but based on your praise I'll definitely check it out. I saw a trailer the other day for a film called Blitz which looks pretty good. It stars Jason Statham, Paddy Considine and Aidan Gillen and is about a cop killer. At first when I was watching the trailer I thought it was a dramatised version of the Raoul Moat event last year lol.

By the way, has anyone seen Centurion and/or Valhalla Rising? I'd like to check them out because I like vikings and Romans and all that but the response suggests that I may waste my time if I watch them.

P.S. Cynic, on the last page you mentioned Where Eagles Dare. Well worth a watch man. Not the most thrilling film I've ever seen but it's got some great acting.

P.P.S. Scrap that, turns out I was thinking of Aces High.

(This post was last edited on May 15, 2011 at 7:48 AM ET.)

May 16, 2011 10:47 AM ET #218 (permalink)

rlly wolfie? mmmm, bellucci. now that is a real woman ;) lmao but yeah, shoot 'em up is a real outlandish man movie lol and the hurt locker was great! not what i had expected either man.

yeah bg, ur thinking about flash gordon dude lol i was talking about the flash.

i recently watched I Am Number Four and i was pretty impressed with it. not great, but it was a good, entertaining disney movie (kinda like percy jackson & the olympians: the lightning thief) lol the script was way better than that of tron: legacy, that's for sure. even the action was great. also saw the romantic comedy with my gf, the switch, which was alright. not that funny tho, but the kid acted awesome for 4-6 yr old. and another one with my gf, bear with me oz, the sorcerer's apprentice... better than i thought, ONLY because i literally had no expectations for it lol it being one of those movies nicolas cage has to do to get outta bankruptcy (lmao) it was good. i like the guy (the apprentice) cuz he does a good dorky loser character (i loved She's Out Of My League), unfortunately, that's mainly what he's casted in.

May 18, 2011 5:37 PM ET #219 (permalink)

Oz, haven't seen Valhalla Rising, but Centurion in my opinion was pretty decent, if nothing else worth watching once. Shoot em Up was great, but I liked Smokin' Aces better. Seeing Ben Aflec shot to hell like that was exquisite.

By the way, anyone heard about the Conan the Barbarian remake coming out this year?

May 18, 2011 6:58 PM ET #220 (permalink)

Heard about it Crushem, but I just have a hard time getting excited over everything comming out in 3D.

N0thing: Yeah, I was but it was called Flash, so I assumed that's what you were talking about.

Metalheaddrummer101 was watching Valhalla Rising last night an remarked that it was a fucked up movie so now i'm intrigued. Will have to check out Centurian and see if it's the same one I was thinking about that I watched recently in a drunken stupor...

May 19, 2011 6:22 AM ET #221 (permalink)

I saw Centurion the other day, not bad. I decided yesterday since I'd only seen Fellowship (and that was nine years ago) to watch every Lord Of The Rings movie. Pretty good, very enjoyable overall. Not something I'm in a hurry to watch again though.

I also went to the cinema on tuesday to see Hanna. It was pointless but not awful.

May 19, 2011 10:51 AM ET #222 (permalink)

Yep, Centurian was the one I watched drunk. Good flick. Did anyone else find the brunette chick HAWT simply because she can't talk? Lol.

May 19, 2011 12:16 PM ET #223 (permalink)

Didn't make her more attractive, but it is a quality I look for in a woman.

May 19, 2011 1:25 PM ET #224 (permalink)

smokin' aces was an awesome film. one of those great ones imo, action movie-wise THAT ACTUALLY had a good story, plot and script. been meaning to check out hanna, valhalla, and centurion.

i've alrdy seen teasers for that conan movie. i was skeptical after first hating the idea when i read about it then watching a teaser. but then i saw another one, and then i was a little more interested.

also read the concept and story behind Immortals, and loved it, but the trailer gives off a sorta TROY meets clash of the titans (remake) with 300-type of feel. so i'm iffy about that one.

May 19, 2011 2:30 PM ET #225 (permalink)

Oh, I posted to FB that I finally saw Thor. It was good and pretty much what I expected. I'll leave it at that.

Oz, you just now saw the LOTR movies? Man, I loved those, especially the extended editions. But I just don't have 4 hours to sit on my ass and watch them, so I haven't seen them in quite some time. Guess I'm waiting for my oldest son to get to the age where he can watch them... Not sure how old that is yet. 9 or 10 maybe?

So many movies coming out now. I'm gonna try to see Pirates of the Caribbean. Will definitely see Kung Fu Panda 2 with the kids. I may be more excited for that than they are :-) Then what?... Xmen, Captain America? I don't have the summer schedule down yet.

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum