"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Movies in 2010

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> Movies in 2010

Displaying posts 176 - 200 of 615 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 24 25 Last
Displaying posts 176 - 200 of 615 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 24 25 Last
Oct 25, 2010 8:32 AM ET #176 (permalink)

ROFL!!! "i'm disable." (Roy) lmfao!!!

RTB: here's my review for it. probably the first movie that i've seen in a while that doesn't show the best parts of movie in the previews. like the first one, it took it forever to get good. but i warn u, there are LESS scary scenes, BUT they are WAY scarier. i'm not a pussy that can't take a scary movie, it just that girls/women in movies are alrdy creepy, so when they're scary, it's extremely scary to me lmao

Oct 25, 2010 4:22 PM ET #177 (permalink)

I've just realised that Douglas from IT Crowd (Matt Berry) was also in Moon! Weird.

Oct 25, 2010 6:48 PM ET #178 (permalink)

"just smashing." (Moss' voice)

Oct 25, 2010 8:15 PM ET #179 (permalink)

Douglas: UNHAND ME, PRIEST!!!

Oct 26, 2010 9:19 PM ET #180 (permalink)

douglas: "so U, want ME, to do ABSOLUTELY nothing? just lay on my ass all day? you've got a deal! [moments later] i don't believe i have ever looked inside this drawer... ooh, a gun!"

Oct 26, 2010 9:21 PM ET #181 (permalink)

Hahaha! Moss: "I've got a motherflipping gun!"

Oct 27, 2010 8:34 AM ET #182 (permalink)

ROFLMFAO!!!!! i loved that episode!! and the calendar nerds too lmfao!!!

May 9, 2011 1:03 AM ET #183 (permalink)

I was gonna start a "Movies in 2011" thread, but I'll let someone else do that. I just watched Machete (from 2010, right?) and thought it was a fun movie. There were plenty of cheesy moments, but a LOT of little things and references that had me laughing out loud. I thought they did those just right. It's like most of the movie itself had me shaking my head at the over the top stuff and cheesiness and then the little touches and one liners were the actual best parts. And the hot chicks, of course. A good number of them. Although Lohan should have had her head blown off to complete the movie.

May 9, 2011 4:27 AM ET #184 (permalink)

I saw Machete some weeks ago as well. It was pretty funny, but I guess I expected more... of everything! I thought it'd be a true bloodbath. But, watching Alba and Rodriguez is always nice ;) Kinda the good and the bad latina girl.

Speaking of other movies, just saw Hannibal Rising last night. I really liked it. Visually strong film, not a brutal as other Hannibal films, but really well made. Made me kinda wonder " wait a minute, on who's side am I now??" Mostly on Hannibals... ;

Oh, and I also realised just now it's the young Mr. Lecter on Bruno's Gravatar...

May 9, 2011 5:09 AM ET #185 (permalink)

I don't really watch new films because I'm a classic film fan (next on the list is "Rebel Without A Cause"), but I do have a soft spot for 80s action stuff so I thought I might cave in and go see Thor some time - anyone seen it?

May 9, 2011 5:20 AM ET #186 (permalink)

Wolf: I didn't like Hannibal Rising at all. I thought it to be very lackluster and wasn't impressed by the guy playing Hannibal. But that's just me.

Cynic: I saw Thor last week and really enjoyed it. It might have been because I wasn't expecting much but I thought it had enough to keep everyone entertained. The action scenes were cool, it was funny in places and although there was a love story, it didn't get sidetracked by it like Spiderman.

May 9, 2011 6:34 AM ET #187 (permalink)

Oz, I can see what you're saying. There were certain parts of the film where I kinda of thought "what's this now, and why is it in the film", which is not a very good sign. But, I guess I liked it cos I originally decided not to see it as everyone said it was a piece of crap. So, I saw it now thinking it's rubbish... but, not bad at all... interesting film. In a 'boring european film' kinda way ;)

Then again, I remember you guys praising Inception. I thought it was too over the top and simply confusing. Visually great, but just too over-the-top for me.

Cynic, I love classics! Always great to go back to the "true" films.
Speaking of classics... I recently watched Chinatown... I love that film. Laugh at me all you like ;)
Other classics always on rotation; Rio Bravo, Apocalypse Now, Where The Eagles Dare, Lawrence of Arabia, Eastwood westerns and the Godfather trilogy. Well, at least Godfather I and II.

May 9, 2011 7:28 AM ET #188 (permalink)

Haha yeah I see what you mean about the boring European film statement. It had some interesting ideas, but I couldn't get into it. I never really praised Inception though. For me it was one of those, watch once and never again films, not bad but not the mind fucking masterpiece it was made out to be. I've never been a fan of the Nolan brothers though, the only one of their films I liked was The Prestige.

I'm going to see Attack The Block on friday which looks great. What's weird is that I'm going to see it with an American rapper. MC Chris in case anyone was wondering.

May 9, 2011 10:25 AM ET #189 (permalink)

thor was awesome. but i did have a few nitpicks with it tho (oz, if u would like to discuss further about it, catch me on fb if u'd like sir). my main one being natalie portman's basically small role. fantastic actress, but ytf was she casted in that film? the movie didn't use her acting skills to her full potential. but yeah, oz is right that he had everything. the action was great, the comic relief was good and not stupid, and the love aspect didn't get in the way. btw, the post-credit scene wasn't that big of a shocker lol imo. still cool tho.

May 9, 2011 12:26 PM ET #190 (permalink)

Yeah, I saw Hannibal Rising recently too and had mixed feelings on it. I was also surprised to realize it was Bruno's avatar too. I had been wondering what it was from and it always made me think Twilight since I had not seen those movies either :-) I need to see Thor as well. I'm not expecting a ton and it looks fairly cheesy, so I just hope to see a good action flick that keeps me filled in for the coming Avengers movie(s).

May 9, 2011 1:17 PM ET #191 (permalink)

^^^ then it won't disappoint doug. at all. we'll talk about it on fb after u watch it lol

May 9, 2011 2:30 PM ET #192 (permalink)

DB: If you liked Iron Man, you'll like Thor. Basically the same structure except with Norse gods, and Norse gods are awesome. I do agree that Natalie Portman's role was small, but I'm sure she was there more to have a big name to help draw movie goers and perhaps if she did have more screen time, it would have distracted from the action. The guy that played Thor was really impressive and Sir Anthony Hopkins was Odin so there was still plenty of good acting on screen throughout.

May 9, 2011 3:09 PM ET #193 (permalink)

must say the little red ridding hood movie did see it yesterday a good movie

May 10, 2011 1:45 AM ET #194 (permalink)

WOLF - Chinatown is one on my list, haven't seen "Where Eagles Dare" though I guess I should since it's a Maiden song. Guess I should see Chinatown because it's a Thin Lizzy song as well haha.

May 10, 2011 2:35 AM ET #195 (permalink)

Portman is a self described huge comic geek. If she asked nicely for the role they most likely just gave it to her. I personally thought thor was the shit. I went in expecting to nitpick it to death and found myself thoroughly enjoying my time. Oh and fyi the thing at the end only makes sense if youre a marvel geek on par with the comic book guy from the simpsons. My friend who meets that requirement tells me its some sort of "Cosmic whatever" that has some obscure conection to the red skull. And then he kept nerding and i turned my ipod back on and pretended to listen to him.

(This post was last edited on May 10, 2011 at 2:37 AM ET.)

May 10, 2011 11:37 AM ET #196 (permalink)

I was never a big Captain America or Thor fan, but the prospect of the Avengers movie has me wanting to get caught up with the backstories and tie-ins. Netflix just added the entire new Iron Man cartoons to streaming and I've been watching that with the kids. Good stuff. More back-story, as we've just gotten to the parts with SHIELD.

May 10, 2011 11:55 AM ET #197 (permalink)

would like to see the thor movie

May 11, 2011 2:20 PM ET #198 (permalink)

i've been watching some of those animated films from both marvel and dc. superman/batman: public enemies was awesome.

and FAN, it's the "cosmic cube" lol i'll spare u the nerdy details but it just has the power for whoever wields it to manipulate reality. which someone like Loki, who has some, limited magical powers, would rlly want. also any "bad guy" like the red skull too.

what do u guys think about the film that's coming out, x-men: first class?

May 11, 2011 5:00 PM ET #199 (permalink)

I'm not gonna bother with it. It sounded good years ago when it was just about Magneto but it looks pretty naff now. I didn't see the Wolverine film and from what I've been told I'm all better off for it.

May 11, 2011 5:21 PM ET #200 (permalink)

yeah lol i liked it BUT it was nowhere near living up the hype. and i loved the idea of the magneto film concept, but once it "evolved" into first class, i was let down, but still interested. but then, i saw the trailer >;.>; and i saw havoc in it -_____- i immediate lost all hope for any marvel film, especially if it didn't involve marvel itself too. i'll still see it just to see how good (or terrible) it'll be.

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum