"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Movies in 2010

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> Movies in 2010

Displaying posts 126 - 150 of 615 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 24 25 Last
Displaying posts 126 - 150 of 615 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 24 25 Last
Sep 12, 2010 5:36 AM ET #126 (permalink)

hate 3D

would like to see devil

Sep 12, 2010 5:38 AM ET #127 (permalink)

been watching last night all lord of the rings on tv
took me all night
with this stupid comercials every fucking time

np prediction of warfare amon amarth

Sep 14, 2010 6:50 PM ET #128 (permalink)

omg!! completely in agreement with u on that one wolfie. quite possibly the best performance in his career since probably bill & ted

Sep 14, 2010 7:02 PM ET #129 (permalink)

I watched Kick Ass on saturday and didn't enjoy it at all. It was funny in places but overall I felt it was too long and thus bored me. I also found it utterly pointless.

The next day I watched The A-Team, which was considerably better. I thought it was a decent action film which was all I asked for. So it didn't feel like a waste of my time.

I watched The Infidel today, which is about a British muslim who finds out he was born Jewish. Quite a funny film, well worth a watch.

Sep 15, 2010 7:16 PM ET #130 (permalink)

i rather enjoyed kick-ass oz, but just thought those stupid cliches from other superhero movies were just utter cheese. the movie just rlly felt like as if a real comic book. a-team rlly impressed me. didn't think i was gonna like it at all. i loved murdok. the actor (from district 9) is great!! definitely will check out the infidel man. idk why, but it reminded me of traitor. great film. which is somewhat like the kingdom, tho long and boring talking at first, the last 45 min.'s are the most intense and suspenseful piece of film that i've ever seen in my life so far.

Sep 15, 2010 9:17 PM ET #131 (permalink)

Kick ass was entirely not what I expected. I was questioning if I liked it the entire way through, but by the end I was pretty sure I did like it. Hear they're making a sequel already.

Sep 15, 2010 9:47 PM ET #132 (permalink)

Nick cage is funny as hell in it!
When he dresses up and does the whole Batman voice haha.

I recently watched American History X again.
Edward Norton is one of the best modern actors.

I want to go see Inception.
Any body could share some light, If its any good?

Sep 16, 2010 6:43 AM ET #133 (permalink)

INCEPTION IS AWESOME!!! It's a flawless movie in my opinion, nothing wrong with it. Great humor, deep characters, Leo does a great job, effects are amazing and the story is so fucking cool. It made me research lucid dreaming (I'm learning how to do it, I actually went lucid on my first night).

Sep 16, 2010 8:55 AM ET #134 (permalink)

inception is quite possibly one of the most amazing films i've ever seen TK. it's currently my fav movie. i LOVE the nolan bros. they've YET to make even ONE bad movie. memento was purely awesome. the prestige was mind-bottlingly amazing. batman begins and the dark knight were both magnificent. but inception was just flawlessly genius. like iroman, i too think that it was just perfect. one of leonardo dicarpio's best performances, but joseph gordon-levitt (the right-hand man) was phenomenal. IMO tho, tom hardy (the forger) is rlly what gave the film some life with both some comic relief and just an unmistaken mix of both brains and brawns. the story's in itself is quite complicated but foolproof and just pay attention and u'll just enjoy the show.

Sep 16, 2010 10:13 AM ET #135 (permalink)

Haven't seen Inception yet but alot of my friends tell me there's a predictable twist. I'll hek it out when I can. The Nolan brothers have never impressed me if I'm honest though. I thought Memento was alright, same for the Batman films but I stop at alright. Everyone told me how brilliant Memento was and I thought it was the sort of watch it once and leave it kind of film. The Batman films were overhyped as hell and when I watched them I was underwhelmed. The Dark Knight was an improvement on Batman Begins but both felt too long and, while it was good they tried to make it realistic, they made it so realistic that it was hard to believe a man was running around dressed as a giant bat. I'll wait until the third one is out on DVD before I watch it. Haven't seen The Prestige though.

Sep 16, 2010 10:48 AM ET #136 (permalink)

I didn't see the twist coming at all, and it was awesome.

Sep 16, 2010 8:51 PM ET #137 (permalink)

Oz, I thought Momento was a watch it once movie also... that it would be too slow and annoying the second time. Until I watched it again and realized I totally didn't get it the first time (the ending). But I'm slow like that. Perhaps I got distracted by my glittery band shirt.

Sep 16, 2010 9:08 PM ET #138 (permalink)

Inception is a fantastic film - and for the record there are no stupid M. Night Shyamalan twists (I would say really there are no twists in the film, only normal plot revelations). It's truly a film which at few points ever patronizes the watcher, rather relies on being exceptionally clever.

I liked Memento a lot, but genuinely disliked The Dark Knight on a few levels. EDIT: Also The Prestige is a cool film. I always get it mixed up with The Illusionist which is also good.

(This post was last edited on September 16, 2010 at 9:09 PM ET.)

Sep 17, 2010 8:35 AM ET #139 (permalink)

agree with cynic kuz i confuse them sometimes too lmao but both had amazing actors and unpredictable "plot revelations" ;) lol

DB: ROFL!!!!

Sep 17, 2010 9:41 PM ET #140 (permalink)

I dont know...I didnt know the last airbender was gunna suck that hard till I watched it..What a twist! oh, excuse me, plot revalations.

the only shamalaylay movies I didnt watch were lady in the water and the happening, just cause I thought the movies looked stupid. Other than that I enjoyed both the village and signs thouroughly. But like memento, yeah, the sixth sense is not a movie I want to rewatch often. Watch it once just to watch it, and then maybe a second time to connect everything in a more linear fashion.

Sep 17, 2010 10:10 PM ET #141 (permalink)

Wilco: It's M. Night Shamalamading-dong. Take my advice and save the money. That bastard has drawn me into far too many hours of my life that i'll never get back. Fuck him and fuck ALL of his peice of shit movies.

Sep 17, 2010 10:17 PM ET #142 (permalink)

FAN: I can't believe you typed that. Now I have to question if I even know you at all. I knew the entire plot and ending of The fucking Villiage within the first 15 minutes of the show and The Happening? That was just a cheap attempt at what COULD have been an amazing gore film. Don't accept that shit man. There are some genius directors out there, you just need to dig a little to get the goods. Check out Martyr's when you get a chance. Now THAT is an awesome gore movie and you never see the ending comming until it kicks you in the balls and say's "yeah mother fucker, this is what I bring to the table". Trust me on that one buddy. Happy B-day BTW. I'll be over for the feces smearing this weekend. ;-)

Sep 18, 2010 5:21 AM ET #143 (permalink)

Nothinghead, I thought Keanu was awesome. I think the entire "konichiwa" bit was incredible:

"It means you got eyes like apostrophes, dress white, talk black and drive Jew. So how'm I supposed to know what kind of zipperhead-dog-munching dinks you are if you don't."

ouch... ;)

Btw, Just saw "There Will Be Blood" last night...

I absolutely loved it. To me, that's a classic film right there. I put it up with films like Apocalypse Now and The Deer Hunter.

Pretty fucking thought provoking as well. Shows that we haven't made that much, if any, progress in 120years.
Men will be men, greed will be greed.

Sep 19, 2010 5:42 AM ET #144 (permalink)

well bg thats clear to me

Sep 22, 2010 7:15 PM ET #145 (permalink)

bg: \mXm/

wolfie: i MUST watch that movie. i have NO idea why i haven't.

Sep 22, 2010 8:14 PM ET #146 (permalink)

Cheers guys.
I will go see it. or maybe torrent it haha.

I watch Defiance not long ago.
Now that is an incredible movie.
Anyone else seen it?

Sep 23, 2010 12:19 AM ET #147 (permalink)

RTB

Add going the distance, which was a cool flic, Secretariat, and wall street 2 to my laundry list of films this year. ...on par I average 2 movie outings a year, this year alone it'll be 11....unreal

Sep 23, 2010 1:38 PM ET #148 (permalink)

Watched Machete today. It's made of 100% win.

Sep 23, 2010 2:06 PM ET #149 (permalink)

Did I see Momento? I can't remember. *Checks arm* Oh yes, I have seen Momento.

TK: Defiance is one of my favorite WWII movies.

"Why is it so fucking hard being friends with a Jew?"
"Try being one."

Sep 23, 2010 8:13 PM ET #150 (permalink)

Hellyeah LDDB!!

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum