"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Movies in 2010

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> Movies in 2010

Displaying posts 101 - 125 of 615 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 24 25 Last
Displaying posts 101 - 125 of 615 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 24 25 Last
Jun 29, 2010 3:07 PM ET #101 (permalink)

My take is that Bronson has been in prison for much longer than needed. They don't even have him on any actual charges anymore. They also take the piss when it comes to basic human rights like being able to seeyour family. Last month the prison decided to stop letting his brother come and see him. No reason, he hadn't done anything and neither had his brother, but they justdecided to stop his brother from seeing him anymore. So Charlie, as you'd expect, got angry and started hitting a door in anger. So 12 police officers stood outside the room and set the dogs on him, a 57 year old man wearing nothing but gym shorts. He killed the dog in self-defence and they charged him for it. Go to www.freebronson.co.uk

Jun 29, 2010 3:37 PM ET #102 (permalink)

now thats a badass. i just looked him up on wiki and they mention how he has taken many hostages throught his prison life. they are never going to let him go.
after looking at that site i see how the movie hurt him. it really did not show him to be much more than a trouble maker, though i still liked him alot in the film. it did not humanize him very much. that really sucks for him, the bullshit treatment and so called "example" made of him.

(This post was last edited on June 29, 2010 at 6:20 PM ET.)

Jun 29, 2010 7:25 PM ET #103 (permalink)

Yeah that's exactly what I thought. I like the film for what it is and I've completely seperated it from the man himself. He's got some books too, including his own fitness guide. I read the first one while I was in hospital last year and it was the first book I'd read in years and really got me reading again.

Jun 29, 2010 7:36 PM ET #104 (permalink)

i want to get loonyology. that sounds quite intriguing.

Jun 29, 2010 7:39 PM ET #105 (permalink)

I've got Bronson, Insanity (which was re-released as Bronson 2 last year), Me and The Krays, Solitary Fitness and Heroes & Villains. They're all good reads.

Aug 24, 2010 7:34 PM ET #106 (permalink)

Went and saw The Expendables earlier. I enjoyed it. It was a great action film which is all you can ask for really.

Aug 24, 2010 8:44 PM ET #107 (permalink)

RTB

Paranormal activity 2, jackass 3d, saw VII 3d, scream4...shows you were my mentality is...don't go to many movies but these I'll be there opening day.

Aug 24, 2010 8:50 PM ET #108 (permalink)

Saw the trailers for PA2 and Saw 7 tonight. I enjoyed the first Paranormal Activity, it was well done. Like the Blair Witch Project if it had been good. I'm gonna pass on Saw 7. I thought they should have just left it at a decent trilogy. They got worse with every film after so stopping with the first would have been best, but Saw 4 onwards were just dog shit. I might go and see Scream 4. I love the first one and enjoyed the second, hated the third though.

Aug 24, 2010 11:09 PM ET #109 (permalink)

Is the fact that they're making like every movie in 3D now bothering anyone else besides me?

Aug 25, 2010 11:21 AM ET #110 (permalink)

Yep. I fucking hate 3D.

Aug 25, 2010 11:44 AM ET #111 (permalink)

RTB

I'll bet my bottom dollar if there is a PA3 it's in 3d..
Trying to think if I've ever seen a good 3d movie.
.I remember watching jaws 3 and Fri the 13th pt3 in 3d...cheesy
I liked the idea before of a 3d movie coming out every now and then, but I agree with it getting played out and losing it's luster by making them all the time

Aug 26, 2010 12:50 AM ET #112 (permalink)

Like, I see the trailer for the new resident evil movie, and I'm like...jizzing my pants because I love resident evil and then I found out its in 3D and my dick is like " :( what the fuck mate" goddamn 3D....fuck.

Aug 27, 2010 3:48 PM ET #113 (permalink)

RTB

Just saw the last exorcism....brutal
Especially the end, which looked awfully familar..
And if your a horror fan, you'll know exactly what I mean when you see it...scale of 1-5...2 at best

Aug 31, 2010 4:35 PM ET #114 (permalink)

Just went to see Scott Pilgrim Vs The World. I didn't like it. I didn't like it at all.

Aug 31, 2010 6:19 PM ET #115 (permalink)

even though I know everyone just said they hate 3d...I just saw a preview for jackass 3...in 3D!!! My dick is officially sopping wet.

And the expendables was downright ball-bustingly rediculously awesometastic. axe-kick to the neck. win.

Sep 9, 2010 9:05 AM ET #116 (permalink)

^^^ high five!! ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!

Sep 9, 2010 9:13 AM ET #117 (permalink)

I got to see Expendables recently and enjoyed it - actually more than I thought. I was worried that the character treatments were going to be too cheesy from the previews. Speaking of cheesy, I think I am going to go see Machette. Looks cheesalicious!

Sep 9, 2010 9:16 AM ET #118 (permalink)

Shit yeah, I wanna see Machete! I watched a film yesterday called The Damned United, which came out last year. The film was based off the book of the same name, which is a fictitious account of legendary football manager Brian Clough's 44 day tenure as manager of Leeds United. It was a good film, but showing Clough drinking and swearing alot, which he didn't do, ruined it because it took away the reality of the man.

Sep 9, 2010 3:50 PM ET #119 (permalink)

I would like to see The Last Exorcism.

I hear there is a remake in the works. Hollywood is interested in a PG version of Dracula. Get the hell outta here!

Sep 9, 2010 4:25 PM ET #120 (permalink)

When the fuck is The Hobbit coming out?

Sep 9, 2010 5:32 PM ET #121 (permalink)

Just watched Shutter Island. I was surprised how much I enjoyed it. Probably put it in my top ten of the year.

Sep 10, 2010 8:17 AM ET #122 (permalink)

^^^ great film but that overly dramatic music was just too much man, especially since it wouldn't lead to anything actually happening.

Sep 10, 2010 10:55 AM ET #123 (permalink)

Yeah that bugged me a bit as well, but not enough to spoil the film.

Sep 11, 2010 3:56 AM ET #124 (permalink)

Saw The Last Exorcism earlier tonight. I made it through, atleast, 40 minutes before dozing off. I found the movie to be a snoozefest.

ZzZzZzZz...

Sep 12, 2010 3:46 AM ET #125 (permalink)

Just saw Expendables yesterday, really liked it. Good stuff, the ultimate "dude" film ;)

I also saw David Ayer's "Street Kings". The best film I've seen in a long time. Loved it! Interesting film with loads of turns. Initially I was turned off by the idea of Keanu Reeves being some sort of a tough guy, but he's really brilliant in it, probably the doing the best job of his career. Good stuff!

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum