"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Movies in 2010

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> Movies in 2010

Displaying posts 76 - 100 of 615 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 24 25 Last
Displaying posts 76 - 100 of 615 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 24 25 Last
Jun 20, 2010 11:09 PM ET #76 (permalink)

Thou shalt not talk shit on the Ring's trilogy.

Jun 21, 2010 12:27 AM ET #77 (permalink)

^No I was saying how the third installment can be the best. Maybe not the Matrix one...

Jun 21, 2010 1:21 AM ET #78 (permalink)

I'm really looking forward to The Other Guys with alot of funny actors in it.

The preview looks amazing.

Jun 21, 2010 11:34 AM ET #79 (permalink)

the a-team was action packed and rlly funny. saw it for father's day with my dad and fam. i actually enjoyed it alot more than i thought. also, recently, i saw kiss kiss bang bang with val kilmer (he was a fat gay detective) and robert downey, jr. (back when he was younger and still on drugs) and i rlly liked it. i love dark comedies like those. alotta sarcasm, grim and dark themes and topics but that are made-fun of, crazy overly dramatic shit going on and those lil WTF?! LMAO!! comments. besides inception, i'm excited for super 8 by j.j. abrams (guy who did cloverfield, which i loved, and the latest star trek film, amazingly awesome). it's about a train accident the occurred in the 60's i think, that was transporting cargo out of area 51 into another military base somewhere in ohio, and whatever was inside it was unleashed!! lol love sci fi. like j.j. abrams. plus steven spielberg is behind it too.

Jun 21, 2010 1:13 PM ET #80 (permalink)

I finally had time to sit down and watch Boondock Saints 2 last night. I liked it, but the ending was a bit much to swallow.

Jun 21, 2010 6:37 PM ET #81 (permalink)

i fvckin' LOVE boondock saints!! i have the movie poster in my room. part 2 was just awesome, but obviously, nowhere near as amazing as the 1st one. as much as i hate that stupid southern accent, i thought that sexy ass detective as hot, and she could handcuff me any day ;)

Jun 21, 2010 6:46 PM ET #82 (permalink)

n0thing: Couldn't agree more. Who WAS she anyway? There's GOT to be nudes on the interwebz by now right?

Jun 21, 2010 6:55 PM ET #83 (permalink)

Her name is Julie Benz, she used to be married to the guy who played the Crypt Keeper on Tales From The Crypt if you remember that. I thought that as hot as she was, she was an awful actor and ruined every scene she was in. Also I wasn't big on Boondock Saints 1 or 2 to be honest. They were alright, but everyone I know made the first out to be the best film ever made and I thought it was a bit silly. I dunno, nice to see the Irish get props in a film though I suppose.

Jun 21, 2010 7:07 PM ET #84 (permalink)

LOL, I didnt even know there was a Boondock Saints 2!! I absolutely love the first one though. Gotta check it out.

Saw a film called "We Own The Night" yesterday with J. Phoenix and D. Wahlberg (plus Eva Mendez... ;)
Interesting film, I have to say. A few interesting turns, but overall almost like story telling in a Scorsese
manner. Not the most incredible film ever, but interesting watching nevertheless.

Anyone here heard of a film called "City Of Industry"? It's about a group of cons doing a jewelery heist in Palm Springs. I don't know what it is about it that I like, but I've got it on DVD, love it, seen it like 50 times...

Jun 21, 2010 8:20 PM ET #85 (permalink)

Wolf: I think I do know that film. If it's what i'm thinking of it's based on a true story about the mob getting caught jacking a Vegas jewelry store.

Oz: You're very critical. You were listening to the words that came out of her mouth while I was trying to imagine what she'd look like in the buff. lol.

Jun 22, 2010 11:52 AM ET #86 (permalink)

BG1, doesn't sound like the same film, man.

This one's got Harvey Keitel on it, he's part of the crew with Stephen Dorff.

Here's a 30sec trailer. It's quite crappy, but hey... ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0Cj88eJpXM

Jun 22, 2010 12:53 PM ET #87 (permalink)

Wolf: Actually I think that IS the one I was thinking of. Love Keitel...

Jun 22, 2010 2:25 PM ET #88 (permalink)

Yeah, Keitel is awesome. There definitely isn't much he can't do.

Jun 22, 2010 2:26 PM ET #89 (permalink)

And do very well...

Jun 22, 2010 9:38 PM ET #90 (permalink)

(after hr.'s of search the "interwebz") aaahhh, shucks ::stumps ground:: no nudies BG =\

Jun 25, 2010 7:36 PM ET #91 (permalink)

A*TEAM was a blast. better than i expected. i just saw rise of the foot soldier, fucking awesome. i am sure OZ knows of it. and i finaly saw gangster #1, very good. ironman 2 sucked and robin hood was not a bad two hours. now i am sitting around waiting until july 20 2012. the next batman! i requested the day of tdk opening a year before it was out. had my tix two weeks in advance and stood in line 7 hours for the midnight showing. cant wait to do it again. actually standing in line like that in anticipation for a film is pretty fun experience. people dress up and you can throw black olives at them, the theaters dont mind if you bring pizza and i watched batman begins and matrix on my psp. it was fun.
well ironman didnt suck but there is no originality in villains, he fights more ironsuits and droids... yeah. i thought that was already overly done in the first ironman where he only fought one ironsuit.

(This post was last edited on June 25, 2010 at 7:49 PM ET.)

Jun 28, 2010 8:42 AM ET #92 (permalink)

^^^ ROFL!!! couldn't agree with everything u just said more bro!! lol

Jun 28, 2010 4:29 PM ET #93 (permalink)

Took my son to see Toy Story 3 over the weekend. Great movie and he had an awesome time.

Jun 28, 2010 5:04 PM ET #94 (permalink)

I was initially sceptical about Toy Story 3 because I heard it was only being released in 3D, but I've since heard it's going to be released properly too, so I may yet check it out. Glad to hear your lad had a great time though.

Jun 28, 2010 5:18 PM ET #95 (permalink)

lmao Hollow... that Grown Ups thing looks good. I laughed hard with the Sasky guy in that trailer.

Jun 28, 2010 5:52 PM ET #96 (permalink)

Oz: Dude, it was too cute. He was so psyched. He brought his Woody and Buzz toys, and even wore his Buzz shirt. It took alot to keep him from running to the theatre. I would re-live that night a thousand times if I could. Good times.

Jun 28, 2010 6:05 PM ET #97 (permalink)

^^ lmfao!! that's awesome bro. yeah, i saw it this past weekend too with my gf and friends. we watched it at midnight and yet there were actually fuckin' kids there!! it was WAY passed their bedtime. but yeah it was a good movie Oz. wasted my money on the "3D". what a shit.

Jun 29, 2010 1:51 PM ET #98 (permalink)

i almost to ok the neighbor kid ot see it but he really was not up for a movie so i took him to the arcade. i watched shutter island last night, it was very good and you should know the supposed twist right off if you pay attention. but really everyoen is supposed to be in the know so it was not meant to fool the audience. i recently saw bronson. fucking awesome! another english movie about one of the most notroious prisoners.

OZ you see rise of the foot soldier and bronson?

Jun 29, 2010 1:58 PM ET #99 (permalink)

Seen them both mate. My dad's actually met Carlton Leach and I'm a campaigner for the freedom of Bronson. Footsoldier was an alright film, I wasn't sure about Bronson at first but I love it now for the artistic side. The film itself entered too many things that hurt the campaign and made a newcomer think that Bronson deserves to be there.

Jun 29, 2010 2:47 PM ET #100 (permalink)

i really dont know anything about him. i too liked it for the artistic side. now you got me interested in knowing more about him. footsoldiers took my by surprise and i was just in the right state when i watched it. its one i definietly want ot see again. i have watched bronsosn a few times already. what is you take on the real guy?

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum