"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Movies in 2010

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> Movies in 2010

Displaying posts 51 - 75 of 615 1 2 3 4 5 ... 24 25 Last
Displaying posts 51 - 75 of 615 1 2 3 4 5 ... 24 25 Last
May 27, 2010 2:48 PM ET #51 (permalink)

Yeah, to me the whole point of the arrow trick was that Robin Hood could supposedly do it on purpose. I know they actually have a contest somewhere. As far as I knew they've had plenty of good nicks, but no true split where the arrow shot is stuck between two halves of the arrow split. I have issues with this story anyway. It's fun and all, but it seems a bit cocky to be characteristic of Robin Hood, to me. Very characteristic of those myth types, though.

Oz: completely understand your complaint. That's one I will accept. It potentially screws with the accents, which I read that a BBC radio critic/interviewer called Crowe on, and Crowe became pissed and stormed out, haha. I sadly don't know British/UK accents well enough to know the difference. I guess Crowe used Irish, Scottish, and Welsh accents at various points.

*potential spoiler alert*

Excitement is subjective. I didn't go into the movie expecting an "action" movie. I anticipated an interpreted story about Robin Hood, which might involve historical action scenes. I mean, he uses a bow, so I wasn't expecting any head-chopping. I think arrows through necks and a face are pretty exciting.

May 27, 2010 5:21 PM ET #52 (permalink)

Seen "Legion"... "Daybreakers".. and "Shutter Island" recently.. and all of them are actually fairly decent movies.!
Not the greatest movies ever made... but worth watching tho

Watching "Hot Tub Time Machine" right now... Not too damn bad... Ive found myself lol a few times.!

May 27, 2010 5:22 PM ET #53 (permalink)

Yeah I was surprised how funny Hot Tub Time Machine was! I wanted to see Shutter Island because Sir Ben is in it but my mates voted in favour of The Bounty Hunter and I'm not sitting through that.

May 27, 2010 5:28 PM ET #54 (permalink)

I was actually quite impressed with Shutter Island... I dont want to say anything more than its well worth seeing.!!
Ive never been a fan of Leonardo, but I went because it was a "date" with the girlfriend so it wasnt something
to pass up ;-)
Oddly enough, I walked out of the movie thinking... "Wow, that was pretty fucking good"

May 27, 2010 10:31 PM ET #55 (permalink)

Legion is a fucking fun movie. I don't understand how they could take themselves seriously in those angel outfits. Shutter Island surprised me. But I thought it was funny how at the beginning Leo is there dressed like a hobo, then the other guy comes out dressed ready-to-go, and he calls Leo his boss. I didn't see that coming.

May 28, 2010 9:01 AM ET #56 (permalink)

I fucking hate Russel Crowe. Shittest actor. He was good in A Beautiful Mind and Gladiator, but other than that he can piss right off. Robin Hood wasn't a badly done movie, the casting just let it down hardcore man. Who's that wench in it? She's fucking useless too.

May 28, 2010 8:05 PM ET #57 (permalink)

i just saw a trailer for this movie called the human centipede
it looks like THE most fucked up and stupid movie EVER

i wanna watch it..........

May 28, 2010 8:43 PM ET #58 (permalink)

I'd agree with Psythe. Crowe is SO overrated. True, he was great in Gladiator and ok in American Gangster, but overall, he's really really just an average actor. And judging by interviews, he's not exactly the kind of guy you'd want to have a drink with (anyone seen the making of Gladiator? Russell Crowe: "yeah, I'm good in" "I'm a stable actor" etc -- blah blah.. "me me me and fucking me")

Jun 1, 2010 3:40 PM ET #59 (permalink)

i rlly wanna see inception. i love leo. i love the nolan bros. done. i've been wanting for inception for about a yr or so. many ppl will be disappointed due to the fact that it's a nolan bros. film (dark knight, the prestige, memento [my fav.]) and that even in the preview it says that it's from the director (christopher nolan) of the dark knight (also jonathan nolan, who writes the scripts usually but they nvr talk about him) so ppl will expect ACTION PACKED but it won't be. it's a sci fi/psycho-thriller about a guy (leonardo dicaprio) who has the ability to be aware when he's dreaming and alter the dream (environment, objects, scenerio, people) also, he's a thief. but not just any thief, he has a device that allows him to get inside a person's dream (NOT physically, that would just be retard right awhile, it's while he's dreaming too) and he "steals" their secrets. now, the plot is that this is his last job and he's supposed to do the opposite of he does; he's to "implant" a memory. tun-tun tunnnn. i would say all the movies i've seen this yr, but i'm sucha movie critic that i'll need one entire page of MU all to myself just to talk about the movies i've seen this yr alone. so i'll spare u all.

Jun 1, 2010 4:10 PM ET #60 (permalink)

I saw Iron Man 2 last night and was pleasantly surprised how much I liked the film. The supporting cast was what I was worried about the most, but Paltrow played Pepper Potts pretty spot on, Don Cheadle put in a great performance as War Machine, and Mick Rourke was superb as Whiplash. The biggest disappointment for me was Samuel L Jackson as Nick Fury. The roles seemed like it should have been a slam dunk for him, but he was not convincing playing the leader of S.H.I.E.L.D.

(This post was last edited on June 1, 2010 at 4:10 PM ET.)

Jun 1, 2010 6:06 PM ET #61 (permalink)

I went to see The Losers tonight and it was fucking awful. The screenplay was atrocious and it felt like a cheap A-Team. I'll never watch it again.

Jun 1, 2010 11:08 PM ET #62 (permalink)

Yeah The Losers was (were?) really bad. It wasn't even cheap fun, no fun at all. Zoe Saldana wasn't even that hot in the movie.

And I don't think they needed Samuel L. Jackson or Scarlett Johansson in the movie at all. Sure she's hot, but Sam isn't.

Jun 17, 2010 5:13 PM ET #63 (permalink)

Anyone seen any interesting movies lately, new or old?

I saw "Thank you for Smoking" last night, and I loved it!
Speaking of other 'older' films, I saw "Termination - Salvation" a few days ago and I thought it was excellent. When I first saw it, I thought it was just plain average, but I really enjoyed it seeing again. Good stuff.
And, I saw "Seven" again around a week ago. I don't know what it is about David Fincher films but he makes films I at least want to see again and again, Seven being a good example along with Zodiak and Fight Club.

Jun 17, 2010 5:18 PM ET #64 (permalink)

I only saw Se7en for the first time a few weeks ago and I thought it was fantastic. For some reason, I enjoyed the design and imagery of Fight Club alot more than the actual film. Was a good film, but overrated I thought.

Jun 17, 2010 5:29 PM ET #65 (permalink)

Yeah Oz, Fincher's vision is amazing, especially his close-up shots are just incredible. A very strong vision. I suppose that's one of the reasons why you want to see his stuff several times. You simply see new stuff in each film and in a way re-live some of the motions again.

Did you check out Zodiak? If no, mate, you have to!

Jun 17, 2010 5:30 PM ET #66 (permalink)

Next week, Grown Ups is coming out. I'm looking forward to that movie, it looks extremely funny and it's got some of the funniest guys in Hollywood in it. Here's the trailer if you guys haven't seen it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3o5tKyK4KwY

I'm gonna laugh tears.

Jun 17, 2010 5:38 PM ET #67 (permalink)

LOL, looks good Hollow

Jun 18, 2010 6:57 PM ET #68 (permalink)

I'm looking forward to Predators and The Expendables, both of which have the potential to be utter busts, but I'm a sucker for tough guy action movies (outside of the Van Dam/Segal era, which killed them for me til Stalone and Arnold made their comebacks).

Jun 19, 2010 1:04 PM ET #69 (permalink)

Predators? Eugh.

I'm sick of them trying to revive previous successes. Hollywood just doesn't have anything to offer anymore. Come up with something good, or something new, or give it up, man. The Predator series was perfect before Predator #2 came out... Similar stories?

The Matrix Reloaded
Jaws 2
American Pie 2 and up
Ocean's Twelve
Conan The Destroyer
Star Wars Episodes 1,2,3 (sigh)
Speed 2
Batman and Robin
The Chronicles of Riddick..... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand...

The New Testament. :P

Jun 19, 2010 2:24 PM ET #70 (permalink)

Nice to see I'm not the only one who enjoyed Ocean's Twelve. Jaws 2 is a classic!
I also saw Syriana a while ago, and in these days of the oil "crisis" plus the BP mess, it was an interesting film to watch.

Jun 19, 2010 9:27 PM ET #71 (permalink)

Psythe was saying he was tired of sequels like Jaws 2 and Ocean's Twelve.

Jun 19, 2010 10:01 PM ET #72 (permalink)

^This man has it right.

Jun 20, 2010 8:30 AM ET #73 (permalink)

ahh yes. Sorry about that. Therefore, I AM the only one who liked Oceans Twelve and Jaws 2 ;)

In general, I actually tend to think the 3rd part is usually the true stinker (Terminator 3, Alien3 etc)

Jun 20, 2010 11:18 AM ET #74 (permalink)

Lord of the Rings 3? The third Matrix? Toy Story 3??

Jun 20, 2010 1:04 PM ET #75 (permalink)

Don't forget Godfather III. Urgh.

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum