"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Movies in 2010

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> Movies in 2010

Displaying posts 601 - 615 of 615 1 2 ... 23 24 25 Last
Displaying posts 601 - 615 of 615 1 2 ... 23 24 25 Last
Sep 10, 2012 7:39 PM ET #601 (permalink)

Just got in from seeing Lawless. Other than Gary Oldman barely being in it and some corny dialogue, bloody good.

Sep 10, 2012 9:46 PM ET #602 (permalink)

Saw the new Bourne movie the other day, the people I went with thought it was rubbish but I was less harsh. Climax was a huge let down though, I felt like I'd only seen half a movie.

Also, Dredd has a 95% rating on RT at the moment so the hype thrusters in my brain are in full effect.

Sep 11, 2012 5:17 AM ET #603 (permalink)

A friend of mine went to see Dredd the other day and said it was really good. Said it was more like a gritty indie a film than a comic book movie, though it does play up to the 3D. It's only available in 3D here so that's me fucked.

Sep 11, 2012 5:48 AM ET #604 (permalink)

You one of the few who gets headaches from 3D? I've got a few friends who just can't physically sit through a 3D movie.

Sep 11, 2012 7:22 AM ET #605 (permalink)

I don't really get headaches from 3D, though my friend Harry does. I just literally can't see anything on screen, plus I find the glasses uncomfortable as shit. There's a whole load of reasons I hate 3D but I'm sure they're already in this thread somewhere :P

Sep 12, 2012 10:48 AM ET #606 (permalink)

I finally saw Haywire and was disappointed. I bailed on seeing it in theaters when I saw it was under 1:30. But it actually felt long (not a good sign) and I didn't care for the stylistic crap they tried at times. And Gina Carano never got naked. That could have been the saving grace :-P. Meh.

Sep 16, 2012 9:43 AM ET #607 (permalink)

Game of thrones season 1 was bad-ass. I can't believe they killed off so many of the main characters though and left the story so open. I'm very curious where they'll take it this year, but I'll have to wait til it hit DVD again anyway. On to the last season of Spartacus now it seems since Dexter and Walking Dead are still on "very long wait" status.

I watched Transformers 3 with my son last night and came to the conclusion that I really dislike that girls poofy lips :-o Otherwise, I really liked that one.

Jan 25, 2013 9:33 AM ET #608 (permalink)

I finally saw Hostel III on Netflix the other day. I thought 2 was better, but they were both pretty much shit. Going to see The Last Stand tonight (weather permitting). Anyone seen that yet? I'm looking forward to Arnold's return more than the other Expandables casts' movies. The more I see the previews, the more Stallone's movie looks the least interesting of them all.

Jan 27, 2013 9:38 PM ET #609 (permalink)

OK, The Last Stand was about as good as I expected. I wasn't expecting too much, but it was good action and fun overall.

I also got to see the new Total Recall. It was pretty good, but weird with a totally different story line and Breaking Bad guy as Cohagan. Gotta say all the women looked much hotter without the 80's hair do's. :-)

Jan 28, 2013 2:46 AM ET #610 (permalink)

Still haven't seen either Django Unchained or Inglourious Basterds, think I'll have to catch them if I can. The Lincoln biopic looked intereting too.

Jan 28, 2013 10:27 AM ET #611 (permalink)

^ you have not seen inglorious basterds???!!! my god you HAVE to watch both of them.

im sure lincoln is a good movie, but i can hardly make it through the previews without falling asleep. watch abraham lincoln vampire hunter i fucking loved that

watched the liability, the collection and the foot fist way last night they were all equally awsome in there own way

Jan 28, 2013 3:01 PM ET #612 (permalink)

I didn't think too much of Inglorious Basterds to be honest. It was good, but I didn't think it was worth the praise it got.

I've been watching a lot of foreign language films lately. City Of Men, Sin Nombre and The Crimson Rivers, which was really good I thought and featured the ever classy Jean Reno.

Jan 28, 2013 3:39 PM ET #613 (permalink)

LOL - you know what kind of world you're living in when you have the choice of going to see a movie called "Lincoln", or "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter".

Jan 28, 2013 5:43 PM ET #614 (permalink)

truly and awsome one

Feb 1, 2013 7:29 PM ET #615 (permalink)

Just watched a film on Netflix called Best Laid Plans. I don't know if it was straight to DVD or something because I'd never heard of it, it's got two of my favourite actors (Stephen Graham and Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje) and there's no Wiki, but I absolutely loved it. I found it very touching, though it's very gritty.

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum