"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Movies in 2010

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> Movies in 2010

Displaying posts 551 - 575 of 615 1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 25 Last
Displaying posts 551 - 575 of 615 1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 25 Last
Jul 6, 2012 3:01 PM ET #551 (permalink)

I just got around to watching Green Lantern. You know what my biggest problem with it was? It wasn't the poor dialogue, or undeveloped characters, or lack of an interesting story. It was that people kept fucking knocking on doors all the time! People seemed incapable of entering a room with knocking twenty times before entering. All in all, it was kind of entertaining, but I won't be watching it again anytime soon.

Jul 6, 2012 4:16 PM ET #552 (permalink)

@ cbella: ;-) I'm a thinker. lol.

DJ: THANK YOU sir. She's a beauty allright. Head to toe.

Jul 24, 2012 7:54 PM ET #553 (permalink)

Went to see The Dark Knight Rises tonight, absolutely loved it. I wasn't sure how I'd enjoy it seeing as there was so much hype and the last two needed some time for me to warm to, but I was thrilled with every minute of this one. That'll do me for comic book films now though, far too many of them lately.

Jul 25, 2012 11:36 AM ET #554 (permalink)

I knew it would be bad ................but it was so so so much worse than I had anticipated. Unless you're a sadist - stay well clear of The Dictator!

Jul 25, 2012 12:54 PM ET #555 (permalink)

I liked The Dictator. Come at me!

Jul 25, 2012 3:58 PM ET #556 (permalink)

Ok Oz.....I'll try....... I have a theory....

I'm all about improving the human race & helping our race evolve.

Screenings of The Dictator should be monitored: those who sit through the entire film without laughing & in fact complain about how bad it was, may leave the cinema. Those who laugh and/or find it funny (i.e. you!)- should be taken to another room and be STERILISED!!! Eugenics: we could be living on the moon if there were less of u people out procreating!

My theory also stretches as far as sterilisation of religious people, producers of reality tv shows, 'celebrities', people who chew with their mouths open & John Mayer. (Not an exhaustive list!).

Not one of my more popular ideas but I believe I can garner a fair number of proponents!

A fair suggestion???

Jul 25, 2012 4:18 PM ET #557 (permalink)

I'd rather we save such measures for people who sat through and enjoyed Battleship if that's alright with you?

Jul 25, 2012 6:42 PM ET #558 (permalink)

Ok - deal! Alas, that does not excuse you from the Dictator - so off u trot to the clinic - snip snip! No exceptions!

Jul 25, 2012 9:06 PM ET #559 (permalink)

When you put it like that it sounds more like you're inviting me to a Bris :P

Jul 26, 2012 2:12 AM ET #560 (permalink)

lol - chop chop better? Whatever onomatopoeia works for u!

Jul 26, 2012 9:34 PM ET #561 (permalink)

It's quite concerning how intent you are on mutilating my hampton!

Jul 30, 2012 4:13 AM ET #562 (permalink)

Yeah, sorry, what's that about? Maybe I'm phallophobic!

While on the subject of balls - I saw Hostel 3 on DVD last night

Jul 30, 2012 9:32 AM ET #563 (permalink)

I haven't seen any of the Hostel films. Didn't even know there was a third one. Any good?

Jul 30, 2012 12:46 PM ET #564 (permalink)

The first one was good - the second so-so - the third had only 1 good scene in it!
I like shitty horror films so i love them but if ur a classy guy (as I believe u to be) u may find them a little cheesy and well......shit. If u like any of the Saw films, u would probably like them. It's not Evil Dead 2 but still entertaining

Aug 2, 2012 10:24 AM ET #565 (permalink)

Hah. nice timing. I just requested Hostel 2 on disc from Netflix since #3 is streaming. Figured I'd see them in order even thought it probably doesn't matter a single bit. The first one was quite disturbing, so I don't know why I am going to watch the other 2 really...

Still need to see Batman - probably this weekend.

On the TV front, I'm caught up with Falling Skies and enjoying this one. Can't wait to catch up on last seasons of Walking Dead and Dexter, which both hit Netflix this month. It's interesting how Falling Skies is a lot like Walking Dead - just swapping zombies for aliens. But I find the characters in Falling Skies more compelling. I can't even name one from Walking Dead right now.

Aug 2, 2012 11:14 AM ET #566 (permalink)

I liked the first Saw film, second was ok, after the third it got very poor. My sister loves those films though so maybe she'd like Hostel more than me.

Not done much in the way of films lately. Watched Quantum of Solace yesterday, which was forgettable for a Bond film. I also watched Burn After Reading yesterday, which I enjoyed. On the TV front, finally got round to watching the first two episodes of the second season of The Borgias, which I really like. Jeremy Irons is a ledge.

(This post was last edited on August 3, 2012 at 11:15 AM ET.)

Aug 3, 2012 10:28 AM ET #567 (permalink)

I loved the first Saw. Hostel is more over the top gruesome torture with no surprise moments like Saw. That's what made Saw so great, IMO.

Aug 3, 2012 11:35 AM ET #568 (permalink)

I'll wait for DB's take on Hostel 3. I didn't like 2. I am a HUGE horror buff and own the Saw series. I do however have to agree that after 3 it went downhill quickly. Funny Oz should mention Burn After Reading. I was just talking about that movie last night. It's not a great movie, but I really enjoy watching Brad Pitt take the lead to the head.

Aug 3, 2012 12:15 PM ET #569 (permalink)

I thought his face was hilarious when he got shot. As you said, not a great film, but not bad at all. I enjoyed it.

I watched The Debt last night. I was in the mood for something like Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy and it turned out to be a good choice for that reason. Again, not an amazing film, but pretty good.

Aug 3, 2012 12:55 PM ET #570 (permalink)

I've been playing catch up with the rest of the world lately. Watching season 1 of Game of Thrones (just got the last disk), and Hell on Wheels. Starting Boardwalk Empire next week and patiently awaiting Dexter's release.

Aug 3, 2012 1:09 PM ET #571 (permalink)

Never heard of Hell on Wheels and Dexter never appealed to me, but I love Boardwalk Empire and Game of Thrones. Hard. In the bum.

Aug 3, 2012 4:08 PM ET #572 (permalink)

Hell on Wheels is an A&E television series about the end of the civil war and the beginning of the railroad. I'm only 4 episodes deep out of 10 but it's kicking ass so far. "Dexter never appealed to me" that... Just, I don't... WOW! Really? You're the first person I've ever even heard of that doesn't like Dex. Especially the John Lithgow season or Trinity as he was known. Huh... Oh and I also Pound GOT hard into my asshole.

Aug 3, 2012 4:25 PM ET #573 (permalink)

"I also Pound GOT hard into my asshole."

That image is going to replace the goblin in my nightmares.

I've never actually sat down and watched Dexter, so I don't know if I don't like it, but it just never looked that interesting to me. I'd like to give it a go, but I want to do so from the start. Hell On Wheels sounds really interesting though, I'll have to try and find that.

Aug 3, 2012 4:58 PM ET #574 (permalink)

Sorry about that... Word painting is a gift. Lol.

DEFINATELY start from the beginning if you're going to give Dex a try. It's very character driven and you need the history and natural progression of the series in order to truely appriciate it. I highly recommend Dexter Oz.

Aug 3, 2012 7:53 PM ET #575 (permalink)

Dexter Oz? Is he any relation to the TV show, Oz? I love that.

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum