"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Movies in 2010

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> Movies in 2010

Displaying posts 526 - 550 of 615 1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 Last
Displaying posts 526 - 550 of 615 1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 Last
Jun 6, 2012 2:02 PM ET #526 (permalink)

Is Cashback streaming DB?

Jun 6, 2012 2:48 PM ET #527 (permalink)

Yeah, streaming on Netflix.

Jun 6, 2012 3:41 PM ET #528 (permalink)

Not yet DB, I'm about to check out JCVD though. Been wanting to watch it for ages.

BG: I saw the trailer quite a bit at the cinema. Another pseudo gothic Tim Burton film with Johnny Depp doing another dreadful English accent (you're not one of us Johnny, stop trying and fuck off.) So yeah, not my thing :P

I tried watching The Tree Of Life today. It was 100% pretentious. Watched a much better film instead called Everything Must Go which had Will Ferrell and Biggie's son.

Jun 6, 2012 4:14 PM ET #529 (permalink)

I'm on it then.

His English accent is dreadful? Huh?...

Jun 6, 2012 5:35 PM ET #530 (permalink)

Pirates Of the Caribbean, Sweeny Todd, Sleepy Hollow and from what I could gather from the trailer, Dark Shadows too. He attempts to do an English accent in all of them and succeeds only in pissing me off.

JCVD was pretty good. It's a film where Jean-Claude Van Damme plays himself and gets framed for a bank robbery. Mostly in French, some English. Well worth a watch.

Jun 6, 2012 6:14 PM ET #531 (permalink)

LOFL! Gotcha guv.

Jun 11, 2012 5:31 PM ET #532 (permalink)

Saw Prometheus today. Really enjoyed it. It captured the isolation of the first Alien film I thought, yet on a much grander scale. Very interesting film too.

Jun 11, 2012 6:08 PM ET #533 (permalink)

Damn it! The reviews from my friends on Prometheus is exactly 50/50. I guess you either love it or hate it.

Jun 13, 2012 10:18 AM ET #534 (permalink)

I liked it quite a bit although I'd have preferred more questions answered than created.

We saw Madagascar 3 yesterday (rainy day at the beach, nothing else to do). It was entertaining, but very pop culture and cliche story (all the while commenting on circus cliches, the irony). Not nearly as good on the story front as the first two - more eye candy.

Jun 14, 2012 4:57 PM ET #535 (permalink)

That's a bunch of Bulshavik DB. Lol. Agreed, but it's the first kids movie I've sat through in a while that didn't completely blow dogs. Open Season 3 immediately comes to mind.

Jun 14, 2012 5:13 PM ET #536 (permalink)

I like having a film with questions at the end, though I didn't leave the cinema asking many, also it's a classier way to leave the door open without saying "THE END?"

I've only seen the first Madagascar, which I enjoyed. Last kids film that I really liked was Toy Story 3, that said I've not been watching many kids films for the past ten years.

Watched The Fugitive last night for the first time. Really enjoyed it. Harrison Ford and Tommy Lee Jones made perfect opponents. I've recorded U.S. Marshals too so I can sit through Tommy Lee Jones doing more of the same with Wesley Snipes when I have time.

Jun 14, 2012 6:03 PM ET #537 (permalink)

I didn't like US Marshalls as much as the Fugitive, but that's just me. I saw the previews for Ice Age 4 and that looks pretty good. I will likely end up seeing it when it comes out. Also worth mentioning was all of the adults at M3 without kids. There were a LOT of grown men and women there to see the movie who were not forced to as I was. lol.

Jun 15, 2012 9:18 AM ET #538 (permalink)

Haha, that's like when a friend of mine went to see Toy Story 3 and said there wasn't a single child in the audience! I haven't seen U.S. Marshals yet and I don't expect it to be great, but I like Tommy Lee Jones so I'll give it a go. Just watched Face/Off for the first time since I was about 9 or something. Not bad, not in a rush to see it again though.

Jun 16, 2012 8:30 PM ET #539 (permalink)

Toy Story 1 was a lot like that. Pixar was not as well known for kids movies then and it was mostly adults checking out the best computer animation movie to come around at the time. Funny to hear reports of no kids at these movies sometimes and yet we had 3 year olds watching The Avengers and a couple problably 8-10 year olds in Prometheus. Some parents piss me off with their decisions (or lack of thought/common sense/research).

Guess I'm up for Brave (Pixar) next with the kids and Batman and Spiderman hopefully both with my oldest son. I rewatched the second Batman again and it's didn't seem too much for my 9 year old.

Jun 17, 2012 1:11 PM ET #540 (permalink)

I just watched Bridesmaids and it was so shit I threw up. Not even joking.

Jun 17, 2012 6:24 PM ET #541 (permalink)

As anyone who talks with me on the book of faces knows, I fucking loved Prometheus. I thought it was downright swellerific. Like Oz said, totally captured the atmosphere of the first Aliens movie, right along with the lack of answers to everything, which I enjoy in a movie, in the sense that it makes you question and think more into what you just watched. And Fassbender played the greatest cunt robot ever(besides a fleshlight I guess), adding to the horror of the situation. Like if the Audience knew all along that R2-D2 was out to de-limb all his masters through complex deals and plots so that they would all have robotic arms in order to soothe his jealousy of having no real arms himself. Made the movie all the more interesting.

And when I saw the preview for Brave, my expectations of "oh great, Pixar is pandering to make a girl movie to be all equalish and bullshit, this is probably going to suck" were instantly teabagged, and now my only thought is "fuck, Pixar gets more of my money now, you super-talented and succesful movie making bastards". It looks to be every bit as quality and heart-warming as anything else theyve put out (except for the cars movies, I fucking hate them and I dont know why). Up was certaintly a rediculously good surprise, considering the stupidity of the story concept, old guy, balloons, house flying, what the hell is this bullshit.

Jun 17, 2012 7:24 PM ET #542 (permalink)

You're not wrong there. I watched Up with no expectations of enjoying it whatsoever but I absolutely loved it. Fantastic piece of film.

I haven't seen the trailer for Brave yet. Well, I've seen a bit of it, but the sound was off. I'll have to check it out.

And you hit the nail on the head with the Prometheus summary. Not everything needs to be wrapped up, it encourages discussion that way (and I've seen alot of really interesting conversations about the film since its release.)

Doubt I'll go to the cinema next week as England are playing Ukraine, but we'll see.

Jun 17, 2012 9:09 PM ET #543 (permalink)

Copying what I wrote on fb - I've read several negative reviews about Prometheus and I had to agree with almost all of their points about plot holes, script problems and lack of depth etc. but in the end everything that it got right (especially cinemetography, art direction and acting) made it totally worth seeing. Could have been a classic, but I'll settle for what it was. As a movie watching experience it was highly positive.

Jun 17, 2012 9:55 PM ET #544 (permalink)

Oz, I think FAN was saying the premise for UP was ridiculous, but it was still good. Pixar just knows how to make good movies - they have a ton of fantastic people there overseeing their projects from story to art, etc.

And I totally agree with what Cynic said about Prometheus. Nothing to add there. But I hope they do make another movie or two to answer some damn questions!

Jul 5, 2012 6:49 PM ET #545 (permalink)

Just watched Control, a film about Joy Division, and more specifically their singer, Ian Curtis. Very "grim up North" vibe throughout. Good film, not great though.

Jul 6, 2012 10:31 AM ET #546 (permalink)

What with this being a sausage fest and all, I very much doubt any of u will be going to see Magic Mike or What To Expect When You're Expecting??? ;)

Ordinarily I would have to have my eyes held open like Alex in A Clockwork Orange to see anything Jennifer Lopez or Matthew Mcconaughey is in but that giant slab of man hunk, Manganiello is in it.

.......So help me if I don't do a Paul Reubens this weekend!!!!

Jul 6, 2012 11:16 AM ET #547 (permalink)

I'm goin to Magic Mike. The women up in that hizzy will be slippin and sliding off ther seats by the time that movie ends. A man would have to be a fool to NOT go see that with a hottie or two.

Also, got around to watching Cashback. Good flick. Any more recommedations DB? The Sweedish foreign exchange student was uhhhh.... DAMN!!!

Jul 6, 2012 12:06 PM ET #548 (permalink)

lol - I like your sexual predatory style!

Jul 6, 2012 12:42 PM ET #549 (permalink)

BG1, She's Hayley-Marie Coppin.... and you're welcome.

Jul 6, 2012 1:59 PM ET #550 (permalink)

Cool, BG. No more from me. It took me 3 tries to get through the final Harry Potter movie (fell asleep first 2 times). I'm currently catching up on Falling Skies season 1 while watching the new season on Sundays still... I'm hoping for a rainy day to see Spiderman with my son.

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum