"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Movies in 2010

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> Movies in 2010

Displaying posts 26 - 50 of 615 1 2 3 4 ... 24 25 Last
Displaying posts 26 - 50 of 615 1 2 3 4 ... 24 25 Last
May 18, 2010 6:06 PM ET #26 (permalink)

Just been to see Four Lions, absolutely hilarious film and one that took alot of balls to make. It's a comedy about five wannabe Muslim terrorists.

May 18, 2010 6:24 PM ET #27 (permalink)

This isn't a movie, but did you know that in Norway they have a black metal musical featuring Kristian Gaahl in it? It's called "Svartediket." I listened to a couple songs from it and it sounds awesome!

May 19, 2010 6:33 AM ET #28 (permalink)

did watch avatar last night not a bad movie

May 19, 2010 8:25 AM ET #29 (permalink)

I didn't like either Avatar or 300... I wonder if there's something wrong with me (like more than the obvious stuff)

I thought Avatar was totally over the top, 300 was pretty interesting, but the narration was pretty ridiculous in my opinion. I thought both were awesome visually though.

As for war movies, once again I'm the total weirdo; I like Apocalypse Now over Platoon and Full metal Jacket.

Perhaps I shouldn't talk about movies... ;)

May 19, 2010 8:48 AM ET #30 (permalink)

I agree with you, Avatar was way overrated. 300 was a fun movie to watch, to hell with the story.

And for war movies, I agree with you too. FMJ was flat-out boring. Except when that drill sergeant just made fun of that fat guy... funny stuff.

May 19, 2010 10:54 AM ET #31 (permalink)

Yeah, Avatar was just OK to me. I'm still waiting for The Hobbit to come out.

May 20, 2010 7:21 AM ET #32 (permalink)

TheIronMan, LOL, the drill sergeant in FMJ was definitely the best part of the film! The insults, man... definitely some of the best I've ever heard.

May 20, 2010 11:11 AM ET #33 (permalink)

I quite enjoyed his nicknaming. I aspire to be a Marine one day.

May 20, 2010 1:25 PM ET #34 (permalink)

Well I have to say I was a little underwhelmed with Iron Man 2 in the end. The back-story parts were good, but the character building didn't do it for me, and neither did either of the 2 big action sequences. It wasn't bad, but I liked the first one better.

Not sure what I'm looking forward to next. I generally only see a few movies a year in the theaters due to time constraints.

May 20, 2010 2:52 PM ET #35 (permalink)

Wolf: I enjoyed 300, but that's probably due to the fact that i'm a HUGE world history geek and have been waiting for someone (anyone) to do a fairly accurate dipiction of possibly the best true war story ever told.

DB: I'm getting 50/50 reviews of Iron Man 2 which is usually bad for me because the people that liked it try to build it up to more than what it really is to justify why they liked it when someone else didn't. Since it sounds like you and I have the same requirements I believe i'll just wait for netflix to send it to me.

May 20, 2010 3:27 PM ET #36 (permalink)

Saw Robin Hood yesterday. I liked it. It's nice to see a hero movie that isn't a comic book character for once, and I love comics. I mean, I did an independent study on the genre. Anyway, I can't really gauge how historically accurate Robin Hood (the film) is, as there are hundreds of stories and legends, but it had a nice blend of action and drama. I likened it to Gladiator to a friend, but obviously the cinematography is more advanced.

Never saw 300, but I still think it looks entertaining. I wanted to see Avatar until I learned about the plot. No interest now. Plot is high in value with me. I want to see Clash of the Titans, and yes it's because of the CGI. The old plot is great, and I haven't heard that they messed with it too much, so I can only see it being better.

The Hobbit, directed by Guillermo del Toro, director of Hellboy 1 & 2, and Pan's Labyrinth (also written by del Toro, like Splice). I won't see Splice. It's a horror, and I don't do horrors. However, it looks like classic del Toro. In my book, the Hobbit has to have several severe issue to flop.

May 20, 2010 6:01 PM ET #37 (permalink)

I do hope they do The Hobbit in one movie, and not split it into two like had been discussed. Afterall, it was the shortest book as well.

May 20, 2010 6:26 PM ET #38 (permalink)

I liked Iron Man 2. It's a fun film, not the best comic book movie ever made, but no-one expected it to be. I enjoyed the action scenes, the jokes were pretty funny, it didn't get sidetracked with romance like the Spiderman films and it had some good acting. It was definitely worth the price of admission.

One film I saw recently that I was surprised by was Hot Tub Time Machine. I saw the trailer and thought it looked cack but decided to give it a shot and found it to be a surprisingly enjoyable film, not least for the metal references. It was very funny and not too predictable, bar the obvious things. It's something else I'd recommend if you want something easy to watch.

I finally got to see a bit of Avatar earlier when my younger cousins put it on. I only saw the first half hour or so, so it might not be enough to judge fairly yet, but I was not impressed in the slightest. I thought the writing was atrocious and the acting not much better. I will watch it from start to finish one day and give it a fair shot, but I can't see myself enjoying it.

May 21, 2010 2:27 AM ET #39 (permalink)

BG1, yeah I agree, the story or should I say history of 300 is pretty damn interesting. I guess I was a bit disappointed that they simply turned the thing into a computer game-like graphicfest for 15 year olds, while I think there could have been a Gladiator / Troy category story there (not that Tory was an amazing film on any level). But, it's not a bad film, by any means. The style is just not to my liking

IronMan2? I'll pass! ;)

May 21, 2010 5:45 AM ET #40 (permalink)

did see robin hood
a good movie

smeagel looks like the wife of my boss damm she is fucking ugly

May 25, 2010 6:22 PM ET #41 (permalink)

Went to see Prince Of Persia tonight. It was alright. Same sort of style as Pirates Of The Caribbean films so if you liked them (for some reason) you'll probs enjoy POP. I mainly went because Ben Kingsley was in it. As expected, he was the best thing in the film.

May 26, 2010 11:02 AM ET #42 (permalink)

Robin Hood wasn't a bad movie, if you don't mind all of the historical inaccuracies..

Since when would a Brit in the year 1199 use the word "mile" as a measure of distance?

May 26, 2010 2:32 PM ET #43 (permalink)

I don't know but we always use miles :S

May 26, 2010 3:32 PM ET #44 (permalink)

I thought you guys used kilometers..? :X

May 26, 2010 3:48 PM ET #45 (permalink)

Not as much as people think. For example it's about 100 miles from where I live to Wycombe (not sure if that's true, just using it as an example). When you see our road signs with the numbers, that means it's x amount of miles to that place. Unless it's a road sign that's just numbers, then it's a speed thingy.

May 26, 2010 6:25 PM ET #46 (permalink)

I don't understand that, why not just use one measurement?

Robin Hood was boring, I wanted to fall asleep but I didn't want to miss the upcoming big action scene that never really came. Also, he didn't split an arrow with another arrow, so it's not a Robin Hood movie.

May 26, 2010 9:55 PM ET #47 (permalink)

Which inaccuracies concern you, Hammer? I mean Robin Hood is largely more myth than actual person, from what I gather. And the arrow thing is one of those myths. To my understanding, it's impossible to be that accurate. I can understand being frustrated by some aspects, I'm just curious which frustrated you. It entertained me.

May 27, 2010 1:04 AM ET #48 (permalink)

DIE: Actually, the arrow thing happens a little more often than you would think. However, I think it's more luck than accuaracy. I've seen it done, and it's the coolest.

May 27, 2010 6:21 AM ET #49 (permalink)

Yeah there's little to no evidence that Robin Hood actually existed, it's just folklore that we have here, designed to encourage kids not to be greedy and such. I refuse to watch the new film for a few reasons.

1. They have a New Zealander playing Robin Hood. Obviously I don't have a problem with anyone from any country, but when it's something like Robin Hood, it just makes sense to have a man from the country it's based playing the role. It would be like Hugh Grant playing Davey Crockett.

2. It looks boring.

3. No Robin Hood movie will ever top Robin Hood: Men In Tights.

As far as the km thing goes, I think they use that more in Scandanavia than here but I'm not sure. It's more of a general European thing. Anyways, we always use miles as a measurement but I think sometimes we round it to the nearest km for some reason. You'll always hear British people using miles when we're giving directions or whatever.

May 27, 2010 7:17 AM ET #50 (permalink)

Oz: Trust me, it's boring. My friend fell asleep 5 minutes in, then he woke up and told me "Damn, this is really dragging on. I must've missed A LOT." He had been asleep for 20 minutes.

This is more of an "origins" film than an actual Robin Hood film.

And in Sweden we only use km. No miles.

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum