"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Movies in 2010

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> Movies in 2010

Displaying posts 451 - 475 of 615 1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 24 25 Last
Displaying posts 451 - 475 of 615 1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 24 25 Last
Nov 14, 2011 10:52 AM ET #451 (permalink)

Never watched a Mission Impossible film, don't intend to start now. Also I don't really like Simon Pegg.

nh: TTSS is a great film, don't expect alot of action though.

Nov 14, 2011 11:25 AM ET #452 (permalink)

oz: not expecting action man. just good ol' dramatic espionage. love me some slowburn drama.

FAN: the 3rd one was badass man. JJ Abrams rlly did an outstanding job with keeping it fresh. and i know he'll do that again with this next one. I'm actually rlly psyched for his star trek sequel.

also, of course, i'm sofa king excited and cannot wait for the avengers and the dark knight rises.

Nov 14, 2011 11:27 AM ET #453 (permalink)

Then you'll love TTSS mate, suspensful as fuck.

I've found myself really looking forward to The Dark Knight Rises, The Avengers not so much. I've just got this feeling that it'll be an overcrowded clusterfuck.

Nov 14, 2011 11:53 AM ET #454 (permalink)

i'm just expecting an ocean's eleven type of superhero ensemble. and the dark knight rises is going to be epic. i rlly hope they dump millions of $$ on nolan to continue doing the films tho. i'd love Michael Sheen as the Riddler. Michael Emerson as the Penguin, Garret Dillahunt as black mask, and Christian Bale is also play as Hush as if created a new face trying to mimic that of Bruce Wayne, that way, Christian Bale would be able to shine even more and have more of a complex character to also play, Hugh Laurie as the clock king. that, within itself, already makes for a fantastic new trilogy possibly to take place years after Rises, that way, could include a Robin storyline perhaps, which could just be Gordon's son or something.

also, i'm rlly surprised everyone mentioned about marion's character being a secret identity of talia al'ghul, yet no one's mentioned joseph gordon-levitt as possibly being a new take on nightwing possibly, or even (some rumors going around) the riddler. BUT nobody's talking about some very secretive role simply titled "mad scientist" given to some guy named Alon Abutbul. hello?! Hugo Strange!! lol

(This post was last edited on November 14, 2011 at 12:02 PM ET.)

Nov 14, 2011 12:22 PM ET #455 (permalink)

"that way, Christian Bale would be able to shine even more"

Fucking no. Do not want.

They'll be other Batman films in the future, but I can't see Nolan or Bale doing any more after the third. Bale also said he wouldn't have done the Dark Knight Rises if Robin was involved, so no on that front. The best thing to do in terms of quality Batman films is too leave them for a good while after the next one, that way they won't stagnate and another talented director can have his take on it, as opposed to last time, "These Batman films make alot of money but let's get a different director... fuck it, Joel Schumacher will do." Enemies like the Black Mask, Clock King and Hush are all well and good but they're nowhere near well known enough to encourage audiences to go and see. Bane and Scarecrow just about scratch the surface, no doubt even more people would be interested were the villain a more mainstream one like The Riddler or The Penguin, a future film would definitely be safe. Also, no point in giving Nolan more money to make a film he doesn't want to because it'll only turn out half arsed and everyone will be disappointed (see: Family Guy).

Nov 14, 2011 4:44 PM ET #456 (permalink)

total buzz kill =(

lmao and i worked hard on that list -.- lol

a co-worker and I were actually talking about that, about what u said about the villains. what i'd actually LOVE and prefer is a walking dead / game of thrones -type of series for Batman. Now THAT would be incredible. That way, everyone's happy. cool batman action, good drama, great story, and all of the villains can get some screen time.

(This post was last edited on November 14, 2011 at 4:46 PM ET.)

Nov 14, 2011 4:51 PM ET #457 (permalink)

I finally watched Paranormal Activity 2. Wow, what a cookie cutter of the first one. And in this case the tie-in to the first made it exactly zero-percent more interesting. Really, I thought it might be interesting, but wasn't really. The format was ok for a first low budget movie, but not for a series. The first had 1 camera. Why did I have to see the pool cleaner running at night 25 times for the duration of this movie? And the uneventful front porch? I thought the running time looked a bit long, and it was all padding. It really wasn't bad, but did nothing to differentiate itself in a positive way from the first.

Nov 14, 2011 11:20 PM ET #458 (permalink)

Holy fuck it's the Cuban.

Nov 15, 2011 4:18 AM ET #459 (permalink)

Yeah a Batman series would be pretty cool, especially if it was a HBO Production. Don't think of me as a buzz kill, think of me as a realist ;)

Nov 15, 2011 5:44 AM ET #460 (permalink)

realists are a buzzkill Oz.

Nov 15, 2011 6:19 AM ET #461 (permalink)

Tomato tomato (read them in different accents.)

Nov 15, 2011 4:56 PM ET #462 (permalink)

Tomato... Taco?

Nov 15, 2011 6:59 PM ET #463 (permalink)

I know right, it's like Giraffe Giraffe( read them in different accents)

(This post was last edited on November 15, 2011 at 7:00 PM ET.)

Nov 16, 2011 5:38 AM ET #464 (permalink)

Potato potato (read them in the same accent because no-one says potarto)

Just watched Fanboys, which I put off for ages. Pissed myself laughing, great fun.

Nov 20, 2011 2:07 PM ET #465 (permalink)

Finally cought the new Conan flick. Way to piss on my favorite literary character. It was laughably bad.

Nov 20, 2011 3:24 PM ET #466 (permalink)

I was excited for it, and then came the reviews. My time is becoming more precious at the moment so I tend not to waste it on average to poor movies.

Nov 20, 2011 5:39 PM ET #467 (permalink)

Oh c'mon, if you went to watch the new Conan movie it's because it was going to be so hilariously bad. And I'm sure tits are in there somewhere. And violence.

Nobody expected it to be a good movie.

Nov 20, 2011 7:09 PM ET #468 (permalink)

I think you have me mistaken. I watch movies a week or two before they are released on DVD for free. I expected it to be bad. I never would have paid money to see that film. I'm just amazed because I'm used to seeing tripe like that on the Sci-Fi Channel.

(This post was last edited on November 20, 2011 at 7:12 PM ET.)

Nov 21, 2011 7:10 AM ET #469 (permalink)

Not a new movie but I watched Boyz N The Hood last night. Fantastic film.

Nov 21, 2011 7:26 PM ET #470 (permalink)

fucking love fanboys, oz. HA-larious indeed.

Dec 26, 2011 9:32 AM ET #471 (permalink)

Saw Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol last night. It was a good action movie. Nothing more, nothing less. It felt a little formulaic (the comic relief character, the one with the secret past, the butt kicking chick, etc) but was still entertaining.

Dec 30, 2011 5:39 AM ET #472 (permalink)

Read that the Training Day writer David Ayer is writing a remake of Scarface. Don't know what to think of it, but I guess it was just a matter of time.

I wonder which classics they plan to slaughter next. Maybe the Godfather trilogy? Wouldn't be suprised since nothing's sacred in the world of entertainment.

Then again, I was complitely against the idea of a Terminator movie without Arnold and even worse, directed by McG, Mr Charlie's Angels. And suprise suprise, Terminator Salvation turned out great. So, let's see what will be.

Dec 30, 2011 12:21 PM ET #473 (permalink)

^Theyre also planning on remaking Total Recall Wolf. Between that and Scarface, i have no more hope for the human race as a cultured species. I will admit they could possibly remake Recall and make it good, but i doubt it. Scarface though....can't be done. It would be like remaking the original Star Wars movies. The characters are too fresh in the public consciousness to jumpstart them, even decades later.

Dec 31, 2011 12:02 PM ET #474 (permalink)

You serious, FAN? Total Recall? Man, even the original film wasn't any good and now they're doing a remake? It's not even a classic film on any level.

And Scarface, the original film is so "perfect" in many ways that I really don't understand what a remake could possibly offer. Ok, so they're going to update the film, so it's probably gonna be filled with Ferraris and babes etc. But as a story, I don't understand how they could push it further. Oh well. It'll make someone in Hollywood money, so...

Jan 1, 2012 10:49 AM ET #475 (permalink)

Total Recall is not a classic? Blasphemy! :-) I loved it and it made a good bit of money, which I'm sure is the actual reason for remaking it. I'd rather see a prequel or sequel than remake though. But if they're going to remake it, I hope that Arnold has a cameo as the other head on that mutant guy's stomach. (I am blanking on the names and too lazy to look it up)

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum