"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Movies in 2010

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> Movies in 2010

Displaying posts 376 - 400 of 615 1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 24 25 Last
Displaying posts 376 - 400 of 615 1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 24 25 Last
Sep 8, 2011 7:27 PM ET #376 (permalink)

As I said in the Megadeth thread, I Love You Phillip Morris was a good Jim Carrey movie. I only saw Eternal Sunshine at the beginning of this year but I really enjoyed it.

On an unrelated note, I watched Die Hard With A Vengeance earlier which I hadn't seen in years. Good fun action movie and Jeremy Irons is a legend.

Sep 8, 2011 11:27 PM ET #377 (permalink)

I could never be upset with Stallone beating people snotless :) Never heard of Phillip Morris, but my enjoyment of any movie is inversely proportional to the amount of penguins in it. Case in point: hated Happy Feet.

Sep 9, 2011 4:14 AM ET #378 (permalink)

There's no penguins in Phillip Morris. Alot of gay sex though.

Sep 9, 2011 7:00 AM ET #379 (permalink)

As long as it's not gay penguin sex we're cool.

Sep 12, 2011 12:51 AM ET #380 (permalink)

Watched The Machinist this weekend. I expected more from it, having not seen a psychological thriller in ages (my favorite genre). But they are best when there's an "oh shit" revelation for an ending. This was more like "oh, ok." Not terrible, but not great. I know Oz loves Christian Bale too. He's my new role model. I am aiming for his build in this movie for my weight loss goal...

Sep 12, 2011 1:11 AM ET #381 (permalink)

LOL - we go from discussing 23 to The Machinist... it's like the universe wants me to rant, haha. Yeah there was a lot of talk about what he did in order to get in shape for Batman after that - he says he stayed clear of roids but I don't see how he did it otherwise.

Sep 12, 2011 1:28 AM ET #382 (permalink)

I dunno, but I'll say that when you're consuming lots of food to gain weight, it's easier to put on muscle than when trying to lose or stay lean. There are some MMA guys who get accused of roids, especially when jumping up a weight class quickly, but people don't realize how much they are limiting their bodies by cutting all that weight in the first place.

I had read about Bale's weight loss, but nothing prepared me for when he put his hands up and stretched his torso out (without shirt). That was some scary shit.

(This post was last edited on September 12, 2011 at 1:29 AM ET.)

Sep 12, 2011 2:23 AM ET #383 (permalink)

Every time I try and watch that movie I get about halfway through and fall asleep haha :/

Sep 15, 2011 7:36 PM ET #384 (permalink)

Watched The Guard on monday. Every bit as funny as I thought it was going to be and more. Brendan Gleeson is a legend. Saw Columbiana the day after. Very boring I thought.

Sep 16, 2011 12:59 AM ET #385 (permalink)

saw a Nicholas Cage film Bad Leutenant last night. Cage was absolutely brilliant in it! He's such a hit and miss guy, sometimes great, sometimes awful (actually, mostly awful these days. Wonder what happened to him?)

Sep 16, 2011 3:46 PM ET #386 (permalink)

wanna see that new monkey movie

Sep 17, 2011 8:01 AM ET #387 (permalink)

A friend of mine was in the Underground (what you'd call the Subway in the States) yesterday when a man in a trenchcoat, sunglasses and hate pushed a folder marked "top secret" into his hands. He was really confused until he saw it contained promo material for Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy. How's that for brilliant marketing?

Sep 17, 2011 9:47 AM ET #388 (permalink)

I dunno what that tinker stuff is, but marketing has had a new wave of innovation in the last few years, and I'm totally ok with it.

Sep 17, 2011 11:07 AM ET #389 (permalink)

It's a Cold War film that's just been released where Gary Oldman has to find a Soviet mole in MI6. Also starring Colin Firth, Tom Hardy, Mark Strong, John Hurt, Stephen Graham and Trigger from Only Fools And Horses. Here's the trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TvdqRvCwGg

Totally agree about the marketing. I really liked the way District 9 publicised itself by putting up things like "for use of humans only" on phone boxes etc.

(This post was last edited on September 18, 2011 at 7:27 PM ET.)

Sep 18, 2011 7:09 PM ET #390 (permalink)

oz: that's fucking amazing!!! that film's gonna be awesome.

Sep 18, 2011 7:25 PM ET #391 (permalink)

I should hope so nh, I'm going to see it tomorrow! Gonna go see Tom Hardy's other new film, Warrior this week too.

Just seen a trailer for a film called Tyrannosaur. It looks really really good I must say.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvyqXFmV-LI&feature=relmfu

(This post was last edited on September 18, 2011 at 7:27 PM ET.)

Sep 18, 2011 9:12 PM ET #392 (permalink)

I hear Warrior is quite good - make sure to fill us in on both when you get back.

Sep 19, 2011 1:36 AM ET #393 (permalink)

Saw a film called "The Recruit" with Al Pacino and Colin Farrell last night. It was ok, but I guess I expected more since it was a Pacino film. The plot was a bit "silly" imo.

Oh yeah, also saw a true modern day classic: "Meet The Spartans". Some bits were funny, and they were definitely picking on some stuff I found silly on "300". The first 15-20mins were pretty entertaining, but it just became rubbish towards the end.

Sep 19, 2011 10:59 AM ET #394 (permalink)

that was expected from both, i must say, wolfie lol

and yeah, Oz, let us know! i really wanted to watch those 2 films, along with The Debt and Contagion. if only i had hook ups at the theater >;.>;

(This post was last edited on September 19, 2011 at 11:00 AM ET.)

Sep 19, 2011 2:32 PM ET #395 (permalink)

As I intended, I went and saw Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy today. I must say, it wasn't quite what I was expecting, which was nice to be surprised by. It's a very very good film indeed. There isn't a single weak performance in the bunch, which is to be expected when your cast includes Gary Oldman, Tom Hardy, Colin Firth, John Hurt and Stephen Graham. One of the strangest things about the film was how little screen time some actors seemed to get, Firth and Hurt especially. If you're looking for action, look elsewhere, it's a thriller that demands attention from start to finish.

Sep 19, 2011 6:40 PM ET #396 (permalink)

that's all i asked for Oz lol next? Warrior?

Sep 19, 2011 8:43 PM ET #397 (permalink)

Yep. Advance screenings of Warrior are taking place on Wednesday and Thursday so I'll go to one of them, then Drive next monday, with the possibility of Killer Elite the day after. I hadn't heard of The Debt before you brought it up today but it sounds quite good from what I read about it.

Sep 20, 2011 10:36 AM ET #398 (permalink)

yeah, the debt looks/sounds great. heard it was great, but just not awesome. either way, still on my list of good looking dramas that i really wanna see. and also, been hearing very good things about Drive. can't wait to see that too. i really need a hook up in a theater or something >;.>;

Sep 21, 2011 2:56 PM ET #399 (permalink)

Went and saw Warrior today. Quite disappointed to be honest. It was a fairly solid film until the actual MMA stuff started, then it all got way too cheesy for me. Even though right from the start you knew what the finale would be, it still felt kinda stupid. It also seemed weird to me having this all American war hero played by an Englishman, with his brother being played by an Australian, while having Kurt Angle, a wrestler known for patriotic American gimmick, playing a Russian. Speaking of which, I thought it was really stupid how the Russian come to the cage in a red shirt with a hammer and sickle on it, as well as having the Soviet flag in the background. Top that off with the whole, "Believe in yourself and you can do it!" shtick and it was just a bit too much for me. On the plus side, the fights themselves were very well done and Tom Hardy was really good as expected.

Sep 22, 2011 11:55 AM ET #400 (permalink)

wanna see the thing did see the trailer looks good

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum