"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Movies in 2010

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> Movies in 2010

Displaying posts 326 - 350 of 615 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 24 25 Last
Displaying posts 326 - 350 of 615 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 24 25 Last
Aug 21, 2011 11:19 AM ET #326 (permalink)

Yeah, I wish they were true to the books on the ending, but unfortunately altered it beyond repair when they killed Sauruman and Worstongue in the second movie. But it would have felt pretty drawn out I think.

Aug 21, 2011 2:19 PM ET #327 (permalink)

LOTR is amazing.

Aug 21, 2011 7:21 PM ET #328 (permalink)

^Licking On The Rim is nobody's business but yours TIM. Go back to the "toungue in the butt thread" if you want to talk about stuff like that. god. Kids these days. No discretion whatsoever.

Pyreta: Believe, me when I found out Ian Mckellen(Gandalf) was gay in real life, the entire movie suddenly seemed funnier. "FRODO, Stay Close to me! I'll protect you with my staff!" LOL @ IMMATURE HOMOSEXUAL INNUENDOS.

Aug 21, 2011 7:27 PM ET #329 (permalink)

^ Pissed myself laughing at the first paragraph, surprised at the second. Did you really not know that Ian McKellen is gay?

Aug 22, 2011 2:50 AM ET #330 (permalink)

FAN, if it's my business then I think it automatically qualifies as your business, too.

Baby.

Aug 22, 2011 2:52 AM ET #331 (permalink)

Got mixed feelings on the Blade Runner film as well. I love the original, but it's really hard to see what a sequel could possibly offer. Hope I'm wrong about this one.

LOTR... I didn't like the 1st one, saw the 3rd one last night. Pretty epic. Really liked it!

Oh yeah... saw a true stinker as a Sunday hangover film: Battle: Los Angeles.
I mean... what the f.. ?? WHEN is Hollywood going to learn that huge battle scenes and city in CG flames doesn't make a great movie?? And some people actually consider it a better film than Terminator - Salvation.

Terminator Salvation has become my 2nd fav terminator film right after Terminator 2, which is of course a classic.

(This post was last edited on August 22, 2011 at 2:58 AM ET.)

Aug 22, 2011 4:35 AM ET #332 (permalink)

I watched Battle LA drunk. It was awesome.

I can't wait for that monkey movie to come out. I think it's a planet of the apes prequel, but don't quote me on that.

I'd pay to see it in 3D Imax just to see that angry gorilla to rape that helicopter pilot from the trailer.

Aug 22, 2011 4:55 AM ET #333 (permalink)

TIM, I wonder HOW drunk you have to be to like that film. Honestly, during the first 15-20mins I thought " This is gonna be awesome! What are the critics on about?"
And then... after the first alien encounter, forget about it. Bang bang, explosions and more explosions. Then they have a 10min chat. And Bang bang again. And the ending... "Hey, let's destroy the mothership and the aliens will all of a sudden ALL go away". Good thinking. It worked.

Nah, something more intelligent for me, please.

Aug 22, 2011 8:29 AM ET #334 (permalink)

^actually, I enjoyed Battle LA for exactly the opposite reason. I thought the opening 10-20 minutes were boring and too drawn-out, and the rest of the movie was just pure fun. Granted, a part of my brain was critiquing everything that normally pisses me off about shitty movies and their lack of direction or logic (I know how to dissect this alien and find it's weakness...I'm a veternarian after all-----15 mins later-----Hey can you help me with this bullet wound? Sorry, cant, I'm just a vet, I cant do human anatomy....WHAT THE FUCK) But then I just kind of allowed myself to laugh at it and enjoy the bullshit nonstop action and explosions. Every now and then you need a movie like that.

Oz: I found out he was gay watching the extra shit on the first x-men dvd. So I found out years ago. I dont generally care about stuff like that so I dont look it up, but he was being interviewed about the movie and he was talkign about how he identified with the mutants because they were persecuted and shunned the same way gay people like himself were. So I took that to mean that gay people are mutants.

Aug 22, 2011 11:29 AM ET #335 (permalink)

Ah yeah I've seen that interview. It just surprised me because I thought it was pretty common knowledge that Ian McKellen is gay, but then again it may get more coverage here since he's always taking part in gay pride rallies and the like. Speaking of Extras, have you seen Sir Ian's cameo in the TV show Extras? It's fucking hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyoWmkhRyp8

Aug 22, 2011 11:59 AM ET #336 (permalink)

^No I hadnt, but thanks to you, yes I did just watch it. Lmao that was priceless. Is the show regularly like that? I remember hearing about that show from one avenue or another and being mildly interested.

But, yeah, it's common knowledge now that hes gay(If it wasnt I would have called him gay based on the shirt he was wearing in that clip), but at the time me and my friends had no clue till I saw that interview and started casually mentioning it over the years whenever that information was relevant to the conversation.

Aug 22, 2011 12:10 PM ET #337 (permalink)

Lol it's a damn stylish shirt though :P Extras is finished now but yeah it frequently used big name celebs in small roles, usually making fun of themselves. It's probably the only thing Ricky Gervais did that I really liked. If you haven't checked them out yet, here's Patrick Stewart and Robert De Niro's appearances in the show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fg_cwI1Xj4M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4afozSh9ioA&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCzJcjwYVZA&feature=related

Aug 23, 2011 5:02 PM ET #338 (permalink)

I went and saw Conan the Barbarian last night. Never a fan of remakes, I went into this film expecting to be disappointed but ended up really liking the movie. Good cast, nice combination of fight scenes and breasts, and the pace of the movie was perfect; it never seemed to drag on and it had one of the best opening scenes of any movie in recent history. The Morgan Freeman narrations were an added bonus, too.

Aug 23, 2011 7:56 PM ET #339 (permalink)

Nice, I wanna go see Conan. Not sure if it's out here yet though or if it comes out this week.

Watched Ronin earlier because I hadn't seen it before. Not bad. De Niro and Jean Reno are always total pros. I was expecting something a little more though. Just watched another film called 4.3.2.1. which was basically a gangster film for girls. Not really any major starring roles but there were cameos from Kevin Smith and Plan B. Not a bad film, but too long for what it was I thought.

Aug 24, 2011 12:08 PM ET #340 (permalink)

Conan was alright, didn't really like it much but Jason is one sexy ass actor! Final Destination was actually good. I thought it was going to suck because i got fed up with the FD movies.

Aug 24, 2011 12:15 PM ET #341 (permalink)

I've only seen Jason Momoa (sp?) in Game Of Thrones but I thought he was fantastic in that and could see how he'd make a good Conan. All I'm expecting from Conan is blood and swords so I'm sure I won't be too disappointed.

Never liked Final Destination though :P

Aug 24, 2011 12:22 PM ET #342 (permalink)

He also was in Northshore. They really choose a good Conan, he pulled off the character good! I though FD3 was going to be the last one then came along FD4 which i also thought was the end but here comes along FD5 lolz! But the ending actually made sense. So it ended on a good note.

Aug 24, 2011 2:22 PM ET #343 (permalink)

Lol fair enough then. I haven't seen Northshore, what's that about?

Just tried watching Tron: Legacy. I thought it looked amazing with a great soundtrack but I was falling asleep because the characters and story were so boring.

Aug 24, 2011 9:28 PM ET #344 (permalink)

Northshore- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Shore_(TV_series)

Wow you watched Tron? Did you want your life to end so soon? Even from what i saw in the trailer i knew it was going to suck so i saved my time and money and never watched it. lol
I wanna see Johnny English! :D

Aug 24, 2011 9:48 PM ET #345 (permalink)

I watched Tron and couldnt keep myself from laughing. Jeff Bridges is a goddamned Jedi Master, the actual dude Tron does double backflips for no fucking reason the entire movie, and the main character enters the secret doorway in the game room while the Karaoke machine is blasting Journey- Seperate Ways(worlds apart) in the background.

fucking lawl

BTW, if anyone DOESNT think Seperate ways by Journey is THE GREATEST SONG OF ALL FREAKING TIME, then watch this:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=LatorN4P9aA&ob=av2e

Your butthole will be moist, I swear it.

Aug 24, 2011 9:50 PM ET #346 (permalink)

Oh, and thanks for the extras stuff OZ, I've been showing those clips to everyone I could lol.

My father is a dirty old man, so I immediately showed him the Patrick Stewart one of course. He didnt laugh he just agreed lol

Aug 25, 2011 4:32 AM ET #347 (permalink)

Finally saw Ridley Scott's Robin Hood. Visually top notch as you might expect from any of Ridley's stuff. I don't know, for some reason I think Russell Crowe has been playing the hero for too many times, Especially considering the guy's a twat, getting drunk and punching people for the fuck of it.

Also watched an episode of Dexter... hmm... looks like that series is stuck somehow. Same stuff over and over.

Aug 25, 2011 6:38 AM ET #348 (permalink)

Robin Hood...

http://www.cracked.com/article_19350_6-famously-terrible-movies-that-were-almost-awesome_p2.html

Aug 25, 2011 10:19 AM ET #349 (permalink)

^ not your kind of a movie, I assume? ;)

Don't worry, I'll be wriiting a full review on Teletubbies - The Movie as soon as UPS delivers my copy of the 3 DVD special edition of it.

Aug 25, 2011 11:21 AM ET #350 (permalink)

Wolf, what season of Dexter are you watching? The first did seem fairly one-dimensional and I wasn't hooked until the 5th or 6th episode, but the other seasons are all great so far. Although season 4 is not as good as 2 and 3 to me so far.

I didn't think Tron was bad. It's definitely not to be taken too seriously.

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum