"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Movies in 2010

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> Movies in 2010

Displaying posts 301 - 325 of 615 1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 24 25 Last
Displaying posts 301 - 325 of 615 1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 24 25 Last
Aug 9, 2011 4:59 AM ET #301 (permalink)

Yep, Rock N' Rolla has Gerard Butler, as well as Tom Hardy, Idris Elba and Tom Wilkinson amongst others. It's a proper Guy Ritchie geezer flick, give it a go. Didn't see "The Other Guys" because of two words: Mark Wahlberg.

Aug 9, 2011 8:50 AM ET #302 (permalink)

oz: lmfao!!! fuck yeah man. great movie. but give the other guys a chance. marky mark's usual "acting" works for the character that he plays in the movie. i was utterly surprised on just how much i actually enjoyed that movie.

wolfie: hello good sir! lol u just gotta watch rock N rolla dude. u'll like it. if those names that oz just threw out don't convince u, then take it as me persuading it. and if u don't like it, blame oz ;)

Aug 9, 2011 3:42 PM ET #303 (permalink)

Speaking of Marky Mark, I dug out my copy of Planet of the Apes to refresh my memory before seeing the prequel. Was a little wose than I remembered, but not too bad.

Aug 9, 2011 4:19 PM ET #304 (permalink)

lmao @ doug. this "prequel" isn't a prequel to that movie tho. it's more kinda like xmen:fc. a "pre-boot". a prequel to reboot a franchise. basically, instead of remaking PotA, they just re-introduce it as if something else entirely, completely ignoring any previous incarnations (or abominations).

Aug 15, 2011 9:30 AM ET #305 (permalink)

the rise of the planet of the apes: awesome!! simply great film. very well paced. astonishing visuals and imagery (animal cruelty, fitting in, etc.). i could just go on. just go watch it!

sucker punch: good, fun, and extremely outlandish film. zack snyder's a good director. he knows how to deliver tone and set up great scenes, especially fighting scenes. unfortunately, he's a pretty bad writer. idk who said that this was a good idea when he pinch it, but also deserve much of the criticism of this movie too. just a one-timer for me. the girls were good looking tho, slutty ;)

limitless: stylish, well directed, coporate conspiracy, but kinda dumb, "smart" movie. bradley cooper's good, as is robert de niro (tho idu why he agreed to do this), but there was just something about the story arc that just fell flat. it's good, and i would say to go see it, if ur bored or something, but it's just another one-timer tho.

vanishing on 7th street: . . . just don't watch it.

(This post was last edited on August 15, 2011 at 3:35 PM ET.)

Aug 15, 2011 5:08 PM ET #306 (permalink)

"sucker punch: good"

I stopped reading there.

Aug 15, 2011 5:48 PM ET #307 (permalink)

n0thinghead - good review of Limitless, I felt the same way. Also, "pre-boot" - I lol'd, Hollywood is out of control.

Aug 16, 2011 4:38 PM ET #308 (permalink)

i watched limitless last night cause everyone told me it was good. it kind of ended weirdly for me, i expected more to happen, not just end before i knew it.
I watched Super last night too and i fucking loved it, very burnt, but ellen page was sooo fucking funny. kinda sad too but maby thats just because im a chick

Aug 16, 2011 6:23 PM ET #309 (permalink)

Just come home from seeing the new Planet Of The Apes film. I really enjoyed it. Great action scenes and I was pleased that it had some half decent acting to boot. The CGI was very hit or miss though I thought. In any case, worth a watch. Has anyone seen Attack The Block yet by the way? I would definitely recommend it if you haven't.

Aug 18, 2011 2:01 PM ET #310 (permalink)

New Blade Runner film finally confirmed. Predictions?

http://www.deadline.com/2011/08/ridley-scott-ready-to-direct-new-version-of-seminal-sci-fi-film-blade-runner/

Been watching quite a few films as of late after aquiring the movie channels. I saw The Hangover yesterday which I thought was very good and laughed quite a few times, thought it wasn't the comedic brilliance it was made out to be. Saw Clash Of The Titans last night which I thought was OK, nothing special. Great acting from Neeson and Feinnes was balanced out by awful CGI. I tried watching The Other Guys this morning, fucking hated it. Didn't laugh once, Mark Wahlberg continued to piss me off and it made me realise that I don't like Will Ferrell either. To give you an idea how bad it was, I had to look after a friend's child this morning. I sat through all of Batman & Robin because she wanted to watch it but I had to turn The Other Guys off half way through.

Aug 18, 2011 5:41 PM ET #311 (permalink)

I think I've said before but Blade Runner is one of my all time favourites, I have a big poster of Sean Young looking down on me in my room - predictions... well Ridley Scott is on it so that's a plus, but I don't really see anything amazing coming from expanding the story. If it's a sequel, that sort of ruins the weight of the ending where you were left to your imagination about what happens to Deckard. You could do an action-prequel and have it based around the replicants fighting in wars but the whole AI thing has sort of been done to pieces now, but how could you ever replace Rutger Hauer?

Aug 18, 2011 5:48 PM ET #312 (permalink)

I'm hoping the work and approach he's done on Prometheus will mean that, like Prometheus will be in relation to Alien, the new Blade Runner film will be set in the same universe, but not involve the same characters. I'm definitely interested.

Aug 18, 2011 8:57 PM ET #313 (permalink)

Has there been any info released about Prometheus? Sounds promising, I'm looking forward to whatever comes out of it.

Aug 19, 2011 4:23 AM ET #314 (permalink)

Not much. All I know is that it's set in the same universe as Alien and Giger is once again designing everything, but apart from that, it won't have anything to do with the Alien films themselves. Idris Elba, Charlize Theron, Michael Fassbender and Sean Harris are some of the people confirmed, so it has a pretty strong cast. That's all I know I'm afraid.

Aug 19, 2011 9:21 AM ET #315 (permalink)

Finally saw Rise of the Planet of the Apes... It was way better than I expected. Interesting though - I can't remember a movie I liked this much that made me laugh so little. There was almost no comic relief and James Franco was worse than his usually flat self. Maybe it "worked" given his scientist character, but I think he was flat even for that (especially given all the stuff happening in his life). Still, I loved the movie. It was entertaining to just see it all unfold and the action scenes were pretty good too. And they even managed to make it fairly plausible in the end too - I liked that a lot.

Aug 19, 2011 9:55 AM ET #316 (permalink)

I -LOVE- Blade Runner, but I have the most uneasy feeling that this is going to ruin it... :(

Rise of the Planet of the Apes looks like a decent movie, but I definitely wouldn't say it looks plausible. I mean, even insanely smart guerillas (see what I did there?) can't take on guns, bullets, and all that funky jazz.

Aug 19, 2011 11:59 AM ET #317 (permalink)

psythe: watch it first tho bro. it won't disappoint.

DB: i actually like james franco, but this role he did was flat within itself. it was just so much more focus on cesar that there was just no room for him to really shine. listening to the 2nd to last eps of a movie podcast i listen to, they mention how he really is in person after one of the hosts met him... lmfao the description wasn't surprising at all.

oz & cynic: there was a supposed 'leak' of the plot of prometheus... http://screenrant.com/prometheus-plot-spoilers-benm-121771/
if that is true, it'll be one HELL of a fucking great movie. if not, then it'll still be awesome lmao

btw, oz & DB: what do u think about ALL of these tons of leaked photos of the sets of dark knight rises and avengers? it's starting to piss me off cuz we're getting so much of the movies that we won't have that wonder or unexpectedness when we watch them, but i just can't look away from the leaks!! lmao

Aug 19, 2011 1:46 PM ET #318 (permalink)

I've stopped looking at the leaks when it comes to TDKR, I can wait for the film to come out. Same with Prometheus, as much as I'm looking forward to it, I can resist the urge for spoilers. Two films I'm really looking forward to are coming out next month though. Namely, Drive starring Ryan Gosling and Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy, starring Gary Oldman, Colin Firth, John Hurt and Tom Hardy.

Went and saw Cowboys and Aliens today because I really felt like a trip to the cinema. Not a bad film. It was fun, which was all I asked from it.

Aug 19, 2011 2:32 PM ET #319 (permalink)

Psythe, your assumptions are wrong, so just watch the movie - the ending is part of why I was pleasantly surprised.

I really don't see a lot in the way of spoilers and pre-production images, etc. to ruin the movies. Even when it pops up on facebook, I look at a little out of curiosity, but avoid a good bit too (like the Hobbit stuff I'm seeing posted).

Aug 19, 2011 2:45 PM ET #320 (permalink)

I keep forgetting about The Hobbit film. That should be good, loved the book.

Aug 19, 2011 4:26 PM ET #321 (permalink)

I'm still worried it'll be too self-indulgent since it was the shortest book and they're splitting it into 2 movies. Hoping it's good though since I'm a big Tolkien fan.

Aug 19, 2011 5:12 PM ET #322 (permalink)

^2 movies? what the hell is that crap? God I hope they arent also 3 hours long each. That last Return of the King movie dragged on so hard at the end. Dont get me wrong, I loved both the books and the movies, but come on, sometimes, you just want to sit and watch a movie, not a fucking marathon.

I gripe, yet I sighed while typing and realized I'm stupid and impatient, because honestly the reason the movies were done so well is partly because they were that long. I'm still annoyed by the fact that in order to watch Lord of the Rings movies I have to clear my schedule.

I'm just happy the damn hobbit movie is up and running finally. Maybe Peter Jackson could get aorund to that Halo movie he was rumoured to be assigned to as well.

Aug 19, 2011 5:37 PM ET #323 (permalink)

I know what you mean about clearing your schedule. I got the LOTR trilogy (extended edition) on blu-ray and it took quite a while to watch it. Each episode is on 2 discs, so I just watched a disc at a time, which was ~2 hours or less usually. As a fan of the books, I did like the things added back into the extended editions though, because they were very obviously missing and there were STILL parts from the books that were missing.

Aug 19, 2011 6:29 PM ET #324 (permalink)

I have yet to see the extended shit, but as a former LOTR nerd, hell yeah. I was looking forward to seeing the Hobbits come back to the shire and kick Orc ass and Wormtoungue killing Saruman and all that shit. Oh yeah, and the fact that Merry and Pippin turn into GIANT MIDGETS.

That would have been much preferred to the extended walking and tearful goodbye crap they put there at the end instead.

Aug 20, 2011 10:09 PM ET #325 (permalink)

^and the missing scene with gandolf the gay and his 4 little boys gang bangin in the shire

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum