"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Movies in 2010

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> Movies in 2010

Displaying posts 251 - 275 of 615 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 24 25 Last
Displaying posts 251 - 275 of 615 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 24 25 Last
Jun 19, 2011 1:24 AM ET #251 (permalink)

Watched True Grit twice since they released it on dvd. No Bill Murray tho fack ! Definitely one of the better movies ive seen in the past year. I usually catch them on rental because if theaters are packed and someone kicks my seat more than twice i may very well kill them. In order to not kill anybody ive bought a home system that a does the job and plays my tunes really loud if id like....Tigerland 5 dollars at walltown bargain bin, a great buy as i can usually watch it once a year, again no Bill Murray tho.

Jun 22, 2011 5:01 AM ET #252 (permalink)

I saw True Grit just on Monday! I was really impressed by it. Really liked it. Good stuff.

Jun 22, 2011 7:11 AM ET #253 (permalink)

I watched Watchmen last night. Not the worst film I've ever seen but I didn't enjoy it.

Jun 22, 2011 4:54 PM ET #254 (permalink)

X-men: First Class was ok. I really disliked most of the cast, but the movie was still ok anyway. Definitely could have been better, but meh. I had a free ticket for upgrading my DVDs to blu-ray anyway.

(This post was last edited on June 22, 2011 at 4:54 PM ET.)

Jun 22, 2011 10:08 PM ET #255 (permalink)

I think the only reason I enjoyed first class was because I went in expecting it to be utter shit. Like, I was ranting about how terrible I thought the movie would be. The Wolverine movie is one of my five most hated movies ever, so I figured this would be following the same path. So this movie wasnt bad overall. Like I saw Oz ranting about on facebook about the movie, I thought it was a bit cheesy, and Kevin Bacon being the villain just made me laugh, but I honestly thought they made Magneto look like the shit, which kinda saved it for me.

The alternative was to watch the Hangover 2, so I went with the less dumb choice.

Jun 23, 2011 4:49 AM ET #256 (permalink)

Saw the Centurion thingy you guys were going on about. It was interesting, but somehow I felt it never really took off. The landscapes were very Scandinavian, so I of course enjoyed that ;) Good, but not great film, IMO. But I guess it's also cos I absolutely love the Gladiator, Troy, King Arthur, 300 type films, so I guess I'm a real dickhead to please.

And saw a true classic last night; Point Break! Still works. I think it's an awesome film, although Keanu's acting back in those days was a bit... yes. That.

Jun 28, 2011 6:02 PM ET #257 (permalink)

Fack right Wolf, named my dog after swayzes character........ Utah, get me 2 !

Jun 28, 2011 6:16 PM ET #258 (permalink)

Just watched the Max Payne film. I put myself off seeing it for ages because I love the games and heard the film was shite so I thought I'd give it a go. It was dreadful. Mark Wahlberg just sucks.

Watching Dark City now. Hopefully this will be good.

Jun 28, 2011 7:17 PM ET #259 (permalink)

Dudes, PointBreak is the shit! When I get home I am going through the VHS box to find it.

and Oz Dark City is cool, trippy movie.

Jun 29, 2011 4:45 AM ET #260 (permalink)

Yeah man I enjoyed it. It was just the sort of film I was looking for. I was really tired while watching it though lol.

Jun 29, 2011 1:12 PM ET #261 (permalink)

Got to watch half of Transformers 3 last night. It was ok. Had to leave early cause the boy was hungry.

Jun 29, 2011 1:24 PM ET #262 (permalink)

I am taking the misses to see Bad Teacher on Saturday night. I am really looking forward to it, first movie I will actually get off my ass to see this year. I hated middle school and high school with a passion because of the lazy good for nothing teachers and I think I will be able to relate to this movie because I am sick of seeing every teacher movie be a knock-off of Dangerous Minds.

Jun 29, 2011 9:46 PM ET #263 (permalink)

Bruno: Bad Teacher was just bad. I didn't like it. Though it was kind of funny when Cameron Diaz was a bitch.

Watched Transformers and Thor today. I loved it.

Jun 29, 2011 10:57 PM ET #264 (permalink)

Yeah I enjoyed Thor as well even though the story seemed kind of short. It seemed most of the movie got absorbed into the character induction phase of the movie and establishing all of them. I kind of wish the final fight was as cool as the first fight as well. I know I just listed all negatives, but that is all that really bothered me, I enjoyed the rest. Now that the characters have been established, I foresee a killer sequel. I haven't seen transformers 3 yet but definitly look forward to it and redeeming itself after the second which I thought sucked. It took me three times to not fall asleep and make it to the end and I still only have hazy memories of what happened.

Jun 30, 2011 2:13 AM ET #265 (permalink)

Mark Wahlberg does not suck! YOU DON'T SAY THAT!

Has anyone heard anything about the film version of Lords of Chaos?

Jun 30, 2011 2:23 AM ET #266 (permalink)

I wish i had Dewie Finn from School of Rock as my teacher. I just watched it last week, still get fired up watching him running down the hall with his guitars as a mob of parents chase him. Recently watched Black Swan, didnt know much about it going in other than it had dancing and such. But it was a good watch and a must for anybody wanting to watch a mind bender and Natalie Portmann . Now watching: winters bone

Jun 30, 2011 7:19 AM ET #267 (permalink)

Is it bad that halfway into Thor I ask my sister "who is that girl? I recognize her face." and she replies "Natalie Portman..."

Jun 30, 2011 10:05 AM ET #268 (permalink)

Last night was just the premiere night of transformers 3 here..

Jul 11, 2011 9:25 AM ET #269 (permalink)

Saw Horrible Bosses today. Wasn't entirely bad and had some lulzy moments.

Jul 11, 2011 10:31 AM ET #270 (permalink)

I was gonna watch it but my family watched it yesterday without telling me.

Jul 21, 2011 8:44 AM ET #271 (permalink)

Oh I did lDb! I said it and I'd say it again!

I'm gonna assume by now that several people here have seen the trailer for the new Spiderman film. It looks alright, I'm curious to see how Rhys Ifans will play The Lizard. I'm hoping he plays the character with his natural Welsh accent but I know it'll never happen :P On a related note, the more I see the trailer for The Dark Knight Rises, the more intrigued I am, but I think this is mostly becaise I love Tom Hardy lol.

Jul 21, 2011 5:54 PM ET #272 (permalink)

I saw the new Spidey trailer, to tell you the truth I think it'll just be another arrow shot at the comic book adaption that misses the bullseye and ends up being another big blockbuster instead of a translation of the things that make the comic great.

It's like a glass ceiling - it could be a good adapted film (say Watchmen) or a bad one (say The Green Latern), but it will never be a great one. Why? Because of course there's too much money riding on the films to make real adaptions.

Film version of Lords Of Chaos... ughh..

Jul 21, 2011 6:13 PM ET #273 (permalink)

The new Spiderman seems all too soon to me and I am actually hoping it flops just to back Hollywood off the reboot syndrome... And so far the trailers haven't impressed me either.

I'm hoping Captain America is decent and looking forward to Conan, a remake I had no intention of seeing before the latest trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXniszN2SWQ

Jul 21, 2011 6:20 PM ET #274 (permalink)

I was interested in the new spidey trailer until they showed that first-person view parkour thing. Then I got pissed off.

I think I'm actually intrigued to watch the new batman movie just to see how they pull off explaining the jokers dissapearence, or at least lack-of-appearence. "Um, yeah, it seems he was in his Arkham cell and overdosed on his medication..."

In all honesty though, I'm just happily surprised they decided on Bane being the villain. He was the only character I wanted to be in this third one simply for the often unbeknowst depth to the comic character that I thought Nolan would display, and I think he will. Catwomans a surprise though. I always thought that character was antagonistically cliche in concept, trite and stupid. I would fuck her though. Most likely the actress that plays her too, if I get a good look at her.

Jul 21, 2011 6:21 PM ET #275 (permalink)

Holy Shit DB! That trailer was bad-ass. I'm psyched for that one too now!

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum