"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Movies in 2010

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> Movies in 2010

Displaying posts 226 - 250 of 615 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 24 25 Last
Displaying posts 226 - 250 of 615 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 24 25 Last
May 19, 2011 4:19 PM ET #226 (permalink)

Yeah, they've never really appealed to me until recently, even though when I was like 8 I read The Hobbit and loved it. I'm not gonna bother with the new X-Men for reasons I previously stated. Captain America can fuck off and I can't see it doing well outside the States anyway. Hate the Pirates of the Caribbean and Johnny Depp's abysmal English accent. I'll probably go see the Green Lantern though because it'll be interesting to see a DC Comic film that isn't Batman or Superman and I like the comics.

May 19, 2011 8:04 PM ET #227 (permalink)

The x-men movie can fuck off as far as I'm concerned. the first two were alright, not great, hardly as good as they should have been, but alright nonetheless. The third one started out alright, with some cool aspects to it, but once you watched the whole movie altogether it was kindof like, Ummmmm......fuck that?

dont even get me started on the travesty that was the Wolverine movie. If Rosie-O'donnels pussy, and Donald Trumps hair got into a fistfight, that followed with passionate lovemaking, their child would be the movie "X-men Origins: Wolverine", as long as we're dealing with abstract ideas and personified objects. Fuck that movie. With a barbed-wire dildo.

May 20, 2011 12:05 AM ET #228 (permalink)

Watched "Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs" with my son tonight. Pretty neat little flick. I think the new Conan looks pretty cool.

May 20, 2011 4:59 AM ET #229 (permalink)

Watched a true classic last night: "2 Fast 2 Furious"! LOL!! I honestly don't understand a) why the film was made b) why I was stupid enough to waste 100minutes of my life to watch it.
Well... I guess watching Eva Mendes for some +1hour seemed like a good idea, seemed underlined.

Speaking of stupid car films, what do you guys think of the Death Race films?
I thought Jason Statham was good on the 1st one, the 2nd one with Luke Goss was pretty average.

Trashy 2nd rate films I've seen lately, I know I know... it's just that I have a few car tuner mates and they love all films with cars and chicks. So, that's my excuse ;)

Speaking of mates and their excellent taste in movies, a friend of mine keeps on talking about a film called Gamer from 2009 with Gerard Butler. Anyone seen it?

May 20, 2011 5:28 AM ET #230 (permalink)

Yeah I've seen Gamer. It's fucking terrible.

May 20, 2011 9:08 AM ET #231 (permalink)

Gerard Butler has yet to do anything with his time thats worth anybodies time since 300 ended. Keeps starring in chick flicks and just general crap. I think hes just doing busywork till the inevitable 300 sequel. :b

May 20, 2011 9:32 AM ET #232 (permalink)

Aside from RocknRolla, I agree. Except that I didn't like 300 either.

May 20, 2011 9:38 AM ET #233 (permalink)

Wow, lots of hatred for the franchises. I don't think X-men looks bad and will probably take my oldest son to see that with me. They are usually pretty "clean" movies - just some fighting/comic violence to get the PG-13 rating. I was never a big Pirates of the Caribbean fan, but they are fun movies and action-packed. What's not to like? Captain America - was never a fan, but like Thor, I want to catch up on The Avengers back-stories. And it actually looks fairly interesting to me.

I watched Carriers the other night... Not bad but fairly uneventful. Luckily it was <;90 min, which is why I chose it. Gamer was the other one I was eyeing, but I knew it was going to be crappy, so I passed on it.

May 20, 2011 10:49 AM ET #234 (permalink)

I liked the first two X-Men films and still watch them from time to time. I don't think they could have casted Xavier better and Ian McKellen is just brilliant at everything. I've only seen the third one once and that was at the cinema but I found it to be enjoyable. As I said, haven't seen the Wolverine film and I'm not in a hurry do so.

I hate the Pirates films for numerous reasons. Chiefly Depp's acting, which was passable until everyone raved about what an amazing performance it was, then it just annoyed me. I suppose that really is the other main problem I have with it, the response. Everyone saying what a brilliant film the first one was and if you didn't like it then you didn't know shit about films. Usually when I've debated the quality of these films it's been with a woman and every single time it's boiled down to "Oh but Johnny Depp/Orlando Bloom is so gorgeous in it!" as if that equates cinematic brilliance. I'm sure the people of a more mature age/approach who enjoy them do so out of seeing at as little more than a fun adventure film, which is fine, but the fanbase has ruined any and all chance of me getting any thrills from it whatsoever.

Speaking of something which should be viewed as nothing more than a bit of fun, I watched Judge Dredd last night. Once you get past the whole "Dredd without his helmet?! The fuck is this?!" then it's essentially pretty harmless and a typical Stallone film. Plus Ian Dury was in it, which is always a plus.

May 20, 2011 11:58 AM ET #235 (permalink)

finally i agree with oz's hatred towards something lol FUCK PIRATES!! and depp too. the guy would use ANY excuse to wear makeup. and from the looks of the trailer, in part 4, he has even MORE eyeliner. wtf?! did pirates even use makeup?! cuz pirates are supposedly manly, and makeup is NOT manly!

x-men films couldda been WAY better, prt 3 sucked. plain and simple. i've always hated the phoenix character/aspect in the x-men even in the cartoons. i hated it less in the film since it portrayed it as an alter-ago of jean grey, instead of an alien entity or w/e. i'll still watch first class, but no way i'm am excited enough to go see it even the first weekend or something lol i just hope it does terrible grossing revenue, so that marvel can get the rights back from fox >;.>;

that's what i hate tho. if i'm gonna watch a movie/tv show, and it's about one sci fi thing, leave it at that. if it's about mutants, don't throw in aliens into the story. if it's about aliens, don't randomly throw in time travel. i fucking hate time travel (terminator 1 & 2 are the only ones that have done it right) and parallel universes (jet li's the one was awesome).

i predict cap is gonna be awesome. i'm not a fan of chris evans, but i think he's gonna do good. and i'm ok with the ppl behind the film (director/writers), but u just can't go wrong with hugo weaving man. that guy's amazing! i mean, c'mon!! he was agent smith!!!

GL is going to rock!! i was iffy about it, but now, i've got a different mindset with it and my expectations have changed. and, again, i agree with oz (wow! lol), glad to see more DC superheroes coming out.

gamer... wasn't... horrible lmao but it did suck balls. i just loved the gory action! but that's it, cuz the concept was stupid as hell. and yeah, rock n rolla was all dick and balls out better than 300, BUT 300 was still epic (stylistically). wait... 300 sequel? 0.o but. they. died. >;.>; i want my rock n rolla 2 alrdy tho!! wtf?!?!

(This post was last edited on May 20, 2011 at 11:59 AM ET.)

May 20, 2011 12:27 PM ET #236 (permalink)

LOL... And I absolutely love Depp as Sparrow! Seriously, no sarcasm this time around. The Pirates, the 1st one is a good film IMO, the sequels... forget it. The thing is, they're just going so over the top with everything. These films would work with Depp's charm alone as sort of action/adveture films without all the hocus pocus crap.

300 was a good film, not great imo. I hated the narration (I keep repeating that here ;), but it was a good film nevertheless.
By the sound of it, I guess no need to check out Gamer then... ;)

whatelse, whatelse... oh yeah, saw Zombieland a while back (yes, I know it's got a few years on it, 2009 maybe). I enjoyed it! I didn't like the Bill Murray part that much, but apart from that, good stuff!

May 20, 2011 12:51 PM ET #237 (permalink)

LOL @ the Brides Maids ad at the bottom (for me just now). Green Lantern looks totally uninteresting to me. Something about the CG animation looks lifeless to me and makes me feel like the action will be more flash than visceral.

I understand what you mean about ruining your enjoyment, Oz. I find it a bit annoying too and didn't catch up on the Pirates movies til #3 was on its way.

May 20, 2011 4:40 PM ET #238 (permalink)

platoon a kick ass movie love charlie sheen in it

just had the new ac/dc dvd in the mail will watch it tonight

May 20, 2011 7:09 PM ET #239 (permalink)

Zombieland has become a slight favorite of mine. It pointed out to the world that Jesse Eisenberg is an entirely different and superior actor to his lookalike Michael Cera from Superbad, and was all around just funny and brutal. I took it as the american answer to Shaun of the Dead, which was fantastic in itself. I hear theres a sequel in the works, but I'm not really sure how I feel about the prospect of it, much like my skepticism for the Hangover 2. I just dont see a sequel doing much for me other than just riding off the original concept and beating it to death. Either way, I'll see it if it comes out.

As for Judge Dredd...That movie wins. I keep that movie and Demolition Man in the back of my head to watch on emergencies when I forget how silly and simultaneously badass stallone movies are.

Speaking of Jesse Eisenberg though, I just watched the Social Network at last. Really a good movie actually. It's a pity that my favorite scene is actually the first one, with him and his girlfriend arguing in the bar. Never has arrogance in an intellectual been so exquisitely laid out before an onlooker. I understand that eisenbergs performance isnt spot on with Mark Zuckerburg in real life, as he never speaks that fast and doesnt appear to be that much of a dick, but for the sake of a great plot and interesting characters, I'll take it as its presented.

May 23, 2011 11:16 AM ET #240 (permalink)

exactly what i think about eisenberg FAN, and both of his performances (zombieland and social network). i loved him in the latter. he was such a dick in the most intellectual way! awesome.

i finally got to see RED (downloaded, it's the one with bruce willis, morgan freeman, john malkovich, and a bunch of other great actors, whom are retired CIA/black ops agents) this weekend. that was great!! finally, a GOOD action-comedy with a well written script and great plot. but i have some questions if anyone else has seen it.

can't wait for the dark knight rises. if u guys got me on fb, check out my last photo upload. it's a pic of the villain!

(This post was last edited on May 23, 2011 at 12:06 PM ET.)

May 24, 2011 10:54 AM ET #241 (permalink)

Never been impressed with Eisenberg (surprised?) I saw Zombieland and enjoyed it, but I enjoyed it more for Woody Harrellson than anything else. Not in a rush to see it again. The only other film I saw Eisenberg in was Adventureland and we had to turn it off because it was so bad. I haven't seen The Social Network though so I may have to give it a go if his acting is that good in it.

I usually go to the cinema tuesdays because it's cheap night so I asked my boy Tommy if we could go and see Jason statham's new film, Blitz, as it looks cool as fuck.
"Sorry man, we're going to see Pirates of the Caribbean tonight."
"Who's we?"

May 24, 2011 12:20 PM ET #242 (permalink)

^^^^and Bill Murray, hahaha

"No, the BM does not stand for Bob Marley!

Zombieland was far and away the best movie of the year, in my opinion

95% of sequels should never be made...that includes Hangover and Zombieland

May 24, 2011 3:10 PM ET #243 (permalink)

I wish we had cheap nights at the movies... They do $2 popcorn on Tuesdays here, that's all. And I steer clear of that stuff. I'd rather not triple my fat intake for the day with just one bag of popcorn :-o

May 24, 2011 5:17 PM ET #244 (permalink)

Well, it's only £1 off, but I'll take it.

I thought there were several better films than Zombieland last year. Four Lions, Toy Story 3, Sex and Drugs and Rock & Roll, Perrier's Bounty and The Expendables to name a few.

May 25, 2011 10:42 AM ET #245 (permalink)

i was extremely impressed with expendables. did not expect that. toy story 3 was awesome. pixar, imo, has never ceased to go amazing films.

lmfao!!! bill murray is the man!! and woody harrelson is the shit too. natural born killers FTW

the hangover sequel just seems like a good time with friends watching a funny movie. hopefully it won't be like harold & kumar 2 >;.>;

adventureland did suck. terrible ass. simply cuz that twilight chick was in it. fuck!! i hate her! she canNOT act if her life depended on it.

and oz, wtf is Blitz? 0.o and have u seen the mechanic?

no one's seen RED?? =\

btw, GO HEAT!!!

(This post was last edited on May 27, 2011 at 10:57 AM ET.)

Jun 8, 2011 2:23 PM ET #246 (permalink)

Anyone seen any exciting films since, well what's it been now, 2 weeks?

I saw the latest Resident Evil film, the "Afterlife" one from last year. I was expecting another crap film, but I was suprised how 'good' it actually was. Impressive.

Oh yeah, and then "The Yes Men Fix The planet". LOL! Seen it before, but made me laugh more this time around. The "'yes men" do have a valid point...

And then just a few "everybodys seen that film"s like Tigerland and the Bourne Identity (what is it about that german chick that makes her so hot... hmm??) and Red Dragon, again. I liked it. Better than Hannibal, IMO.

Jun 8, 2011 2:57 PM ET #247 (permalink)

Red Dragon was definitely better than Hannibal, Ralph Feinnes was brilliant. I did like Hannibal though. I haven't seen Tigerland actually, what's it about?

Jun 8, 2011 7:37 PM ET #248 (permalink)

R10

Rented "True Grit" a origional remake of a J Wayne western,and i have to admit it was worth the buck i put in "Red Box" Great remake,wanted to see that fucker at Christmas time in the theater. Not sure how it would go over for Europeans though.

Jun 8, 2011 9:39 PM ET #249 (permalink)

Funny, I love the Hannibal movies and have read the books (except the newer one) and I can't keep the movie title straight now. I have found the books to be WAY better than the movies though since you get to see inside of Hannibal's head and experience more subtlety. I can't remember if I saw Red Dragon or not. I think I did - maybe even twice, but it was pretty forgettable. Will have to try again for good measure.

Jun 9, 2011 1:51 AM ET #250 (permalink)

Tigerland is about a bunch of guys going through the training to go to Vietnam. The training camp is called "Tigerland". Not sure why I even mentioned the film... I didn't even like it that much.
I suppose it's what you'd expect; macho guys brutalising each other, lots of insults, harsh language, someone snaps, tries to kill others etc. Kinda like the first half of "Full Metal Jacket". Only not funny. Plus it's got one of the worst actors of our times: Colin Farrell.

DB, well when is the film better than the book? On very, very rare occasions. Especially on stuff like The Hannibals. Those are the kind of books to let your imagination run wild.
Books into movies fiascos... I think the classic example is the Da Vinci Code. The book is still awesome IMO, and the movie... I mean, How much worse can a film get? It's pointless.

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum