"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Thats so metal

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> Thats so metal

Displaying posts 1 - 25 of 39 1 2 Last
Displaying posts 1 - 25 of 39 1 2 Last
Dec 28, 2012 3:04 AM ET #1 (permalink)

Ok, so I will be honest. It is about 3am and I have nothing better to do but sit my ass on a couch and post to a forum. But if I shall post to any kind of forum then DAMN IT let it be metal!
Here we go;
If you are looking to branch out to folk metal {as I have not seen much talk about it} Spellblast is a good start, a very Celtic feeling band with very little fan base. Unfortunate, as they are very unique...not as much as say...Devin Townsend, but still a very unique sound none the less. If I may suggest a song, The Goblin Song is a little bipolar sounding and yet I can not help but feel it would fall perfectly into a lord of the rings movie.
And now some food for thought, why exactly is there virtually NO metal scene in the south? If it was not for bbq and sweet tea I would put a giant dome over the south...

Dec 29, 2012 2:41 PM ET #2 (permalink)

have to say dont like folk metal so much yes amon amarth i do love them but for the rest kind of lame a bagpipe and a fidel on stage
if you want to try a dutch folband try heidevolk

for me work day al most over till next year yessssss going home and crankup some cannibal corpse and gijora

Dec 29, 2012 6:38 PM ET #3 (permalink)

Death Metal

Black Metal

that is all

Dec 29, 2012 9:25 PM ET #4 (permalink)

Well I am Irish so I guess the cheesy shire music appeals to me =p
but I will agree some have far to much cheese. But folk metal can be a bit fun, while most the time I myself like heavier stuff, I just recently started listening to a few folk metal bands.
Don't worry though you guys! apparently most other metal fans share you're opinion and thus folk metal is a dieing breed anyways

Jan 2, 2013 12:58 PM ET #5 (permalink)

Welcome to the mighty MU DMG.

Jan 4, 2013 2:05 AM ET #6 (permalink)

Finally fucking someone says it!
Thank you =]

Jan 4, 2013 2:25 PM ET #7 (permalink)

Can't help but notice that DMG is stacked. Just sayin.

Jan 4, 2013 4:51 PM ET #8 (permalink)

AP1: Fianally fucking someone said it! XD

Jan 6, 2013 2:44 AM ET #9 (permalink)

Oh wow, well you know, I try.
lol

(This post was last edited on January 6, 2013 at 2:45 AM ET.)

Jan 6, 2013 5:36 AM ET #10 (permalink)

if Chris Hansen came on here he could make a series of to catch a pervert :P

Jan 6, 2013 6:09 AM ET #11 (permalink)

Well then you would all be fucked xD

Jan 6, 2013 12:38 PM ET #12 (permalink)

I don't do anal. Well..I mean...not ME. I mean...if you're the girl and want me to put it in yo butt...that shit can happen. Know what I mean?

Jan 6, 2013 5:45 PM ET #13 (permalink)

please refer to me previous post

Jan 6, 2013 6:59 PM ET #14 (permalink)

ap1: i know what you mean but im trying to figure out where that came from lol

Jan 7, 2013 9:47 AM ET #15 (permalink)

DMG's post before mine.

Jan 7, 2013 10:05 AM ET #16 (permalink)

LMFAO! I love you folks.

Jan 7, 2013 5:47 PM ET #17 (permalink)

Love is a STRONG word, but you are certainly a colorful bunch >;_<;
(this comment is not intended to be taken racially)

Jan 8, 2013 10:55 AM ET #18 (permalink)

are you calling us green with yellow and grey stripes????

Jan 8, 2013 2:58 PM ET #19 (permalink)

After you've been around for a while and get to know everyone... You'll realise it's an appropriate word. Maybe start with the "I'd Stick My Tongue in Her Butt" soon thereafter you'll understand. lol.

Jan 8, 2013 5:45 PM ET #20 (permalink)

That reminds me. I need to update that thread.

Jan 8, 2013 5:57 PM ET #21 (permalink)

SpellBlast eh? I'll pretty much check out any band if they have a good enough name. The fact the recommendation is coming from a Dark Magician just seals the deal.

Equilibrium and Finntroll are my go to folk bands, but if you like that Thin Lizzy irish vibe I highly recommend Slough Feg.

Jan 8, 2013 9:23 PM ET #22 (permalink)

Not huge on folk metal but I fuckin' love Ensiferum. Just picked up Helvetios by Eluviete the other day and I've been digging it pretty hard. Does anyone know how the hell you pronounce that name, Eluviete?

Jan 8, 2013 10:06 PM ET #23 (permalink)

I honstly try n stay away from folk metal. I've done Wacken numerous times so i have seen plenty of shit folk metal bands.

Jan 9, 2013 8:53 AM ET #24 (permalink)

^ i envy you. id kill to go to wacken just once.
to me folk metal is just heavy metal newfie music, therefor i have to love it

Jan 9, 2013 11:00 AM ET #25 (permalink)

the benifits of living in England..

Wacken Open Air, Hellfest, etc are all very very short affordable flights across a small stretch of water.

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum