"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Advice on Heavy Metal bands to start getting into!

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> Advice on Heavy Metal bands to start getting into!

Displaying 7 posts
Displaying 7 posts
Dec 19, 2012 1:48 AM ET #1 (permalink)

Hi, I'm a 51-year old AC/DC fan, who's wondering what Heavy Metal bands would be good for someone of my age, to start listening to? Any suggestions or advice would be very much appreciated!!

Dec 19, 2012 5:29 PM ET #2 (permalink)

start with the classics, like judas priest and iron maiden.

for similar to acdc try airbourne (i think thats how they spell it)

best bet is to go on something like pandora or last fm and look for similar to what you are already listening to, its probably the easiest way to broaden your metal whilst not straying too far from what you know you enjoy

Dec 19, 2012 7:58 PM ET #3 (permalink)

Thanks so much, Jackrum! You're a Legend, mate!! I will certainly follow your advice. Thanks so much, once again: that's very helpful.

Dec 22, 2012 12:05 AM ET #4 (permalink)

Accept would probably be right up your alley

Dec 22, 2012 4:23 AM ET #5 (permalink)

Hi Spaghetti_Motel,

Thanks so much for suggesting ACCEPT!! I watched some of their early songs on YOUTUBE and then I read about them on WIKIPEDIA! That original vocalist seemed very good! They've had a lot of line-up changes over the years, haven't they, but I really like their sound and their music in general.
So thanks so much, once again, and I think I'll start off by buying a few of their earliest albums!

Dec 27, 2012 1:45 AM ET #6 (permalink)

Restless and Wild is one of my favorites from Accept. You can't go wrong with that one.

Dec 27, 2012 2:21 AM ET #7 (permalink)

That's Blindgreed1. I'll give that a go; thanks, fellas.

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum