"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

I want to play Gojira

Posted in: Forum Home >> Extreme Metal >> I want to play Gojira

Displaying 3 posts
Displaying 3 posts
Dec 13, 2012 10:23 PM ET #1 (permalink)

I am planning to get an electric guitar and I want to cover songs by Gojira.

What kind of electric guitar should I buy? What should I look for?

Budget is 8K -10K and of course an another 5K for the amplifier.
Should I get this one : http://www.rajmusical.com/cort-electric-guitar-x-1-x1.html

Please help.

Dec 14, 2012 2:52 PM ET #2 (permalink)

The answer lies somewhere in the middle of these two extremes:
A.) Look online at what guitars and rig they use and buy that or as close to those specs as your budget allows.
B.) What feels comfortable to you to play. Mahogany/Ash/Maple body thin neck thick neck, flying V, SG, or les paul shape, etc. Thick strings, thin strings. What feels right in your hands?

That doesn't answer your question, but it should illustrate how hard the question is to answer. It's a combination of your personal preferences/physical comfort and the actual equipment Gojira uses.

My best advise would be to buy whatever fits option B for you. That's ultimately what you will be satisfied with for playing Gojira's music AND your own.

(This post was last edited on December 14, 2012 at 2:52 PM ET.)

Dec 14, 2012 8:50 PM ET #3 (permalink)

Thanks for the reply bro. \m/

Reply to Discussion or Return to Extreme Metal forum