"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Any MMA Fans in the House?

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> Any MMA Fans in the House?

Displaying posts 26 - 50 of 52 1 2 3 Last
Displaying posts 26 - 50 of 52 1 2 3 Last
Jul 23, 2009 2:44 AM ET #26 (permalink)

Np Iggy

I watched Jonny 'Bones' Jones & that man has some mean knee's.

Jul 27, 2009 11:24 AM ET #27 (permalink)

Huge MMA fan...

UFC needs a super heavyweight division. Brock Lesnar could possibly fight a 220 pounder. Brock probably walks into the ring at 285. I'd love to see Fedor destroy Brock.

Sick of Silva.?.youtube Ryu Chonan vs. Anderson Silva for the best submission in MMA history.

I'd say 2nd place could be Nick Diaz submitting Takanori Gomi by gogoplata. It was sick but Diaz had the victory taken away for testing positive for marijuana. Give me a break. Nick Diaz is probably my favorite fighter right now (in Strikeforce not in UFC).

Dan Henderson's KO of Bisping was best of UFC 100!

Jul 27, 2009 12:19 PM ET #28 (permalink)

Psythe, that's what so great about the sport - it's almost like a rock-paper-scissors of fighting. There are so many styles and each counters different ones in different ways. And this changes as the sport grows and evolves.

Aug 6, 2009 6:16 PM ET #29 (permalink)

Cozen, if you liked Silva losing that much you should check out his fight against Daiju Takase, where he was just dominated on the ground for eight minutes.

And I am really disappointed in Fedor signing to StrikeForce, cause of what could happen. Imagine if he beats the best of Strikeforce, and in three years he goes into UFC somehow. Which I think is possible seeing as how Strikeforce plans to do PPVs soon, and will probably fail and crumble. By then, he'll be 35, maybe 36. He would be past his prime and I don't want to see him lose bad.

But I can't wait to see him fight Alistair Overeem! If it stays standing it'll be a good one.

Aug 6, 2009 10:08 PM ET #30 (permalink)

Fedor's decision is certainly disappointing, but the UFC has enough good fighters to make me not really care. It's been said all over the place, but if Fedor really wanted to fight the best, he'd have signed to the UFC already, especially after their latest massive offers. Some part of me has to believe he's somewhat worried about his legacy coming to an end if he does.

Aug 6, 2009 10:49 PM ET #31 (permalink)

I was really disappointed too. What possible reasoning could he have for not signing with the UFC? I think you could be right about him considering his legacy. He lost once because of referee stoppage due to a cut I believe, but he's never been BEATEN. I wonder if he's starting to develop the same complex the Patriots had when they were undefeated going into the Super Bowl where not losing becomes more important than winning. Or it could just be that Brock Lesnar scares the sh*t out of him...he wouldn't be alone.

Aug 7, 2009 7:56 PM ET #32 (permalink)

im callin florian over penn rd 2 submission. griffin over silva by decision

Aug 7, 2009 11:38 PM ET #33 (permalink)

I like KO's so I'm gonna say Florian KO's Penn in the 2nd round & Griffin KO's Silva.

Aug 8, 2009 11:41 PM ET #34 (permalink)

im watching ufc 101 online right now

http://freetvfeeds.com/ufc-fights/ufc-101-for-free

Aug 8, 2009 11:53 PM ET #35 (permalink)

silva just kod griffin!!! griffin ran from the cage after he got up....

(This post was last edited on August 8, 2009 at 11:56 PM ET.)

Aug 9, 2009 6:42 AM ET #36 (permalink)

Silva was always gonna win that one.

Aug 9, 2009 10:26 AM ET #37 (permalink)

the way griffin ran out of the cage ,ade ,e lose a lot of respect for him. i mean honestly, does griffin think hes that good. dont get me wrong, hes one of the best, but damn, acting like the little whiny ass bitch by running out only makes him look worse....

Aug 9, 2009 6:43 PM ET #38 (permalink)

Yeah, I was disappointed with the 3 main fights. Not so much about the BJ Penn fight. I actually like him as the lw belt holder, but I like Florian too. Wanted to see a little more damage from him at least.

Aug 10, 2009 1:37 AM ET #39 (permalink)

the rumor is that Griffin's jaw was broken which may be why he took off, but if I had my ass beaten that badly and EASILY I wouldn't want to share anymore time in the cage with Silva either. No striker can beat him (unless Cung Le gets back to fighting, I'd fork over a paycheck to watch that), he's like a Mortal Kombat character fighting real people.

Aug 28, 2009 1:59 AM ET #40 (permalink)

Well it's that time of the month again...I'd be lying if I said I was excited for UFC 103 and I'd be committing a crime if I said I was gonna buy it. I'm looking at the card right now and I see one fight I'm legitimately excited for (Marquardt-Maia), one fight I'd be excited for if it happened 3 years ago (Couture-Nogueira), and one fight I'd be excited for if I didn't already know how it ends (Jardine-T. Silva). Is there any doubt that Jardine is a corpse within 100 seconds of the bell ring? Actually...I guess there's doubt if you saw Silva's last fight, but I doubt he has any memory of that curb-stomping Machida gave him so he should be fine ;)

Aug 28, 2009 5:20 AM ET #41 (permalink)

silva over jardine rd 2 submission

Aug 28, 2009 9:26 PM ET #42 (permalink)

But you know what Keith Jardine does have that thing where if it's not an important match he'll win, but if it's for the #1 contender's match for a title shot he'll lose, so I gotta go with Jardine.

Aug 28, 2009 10:05 PM ET #43 (permalink)

i say silva tears him up in rd 1 on the ground, and submits him rd 2..jardine is no joke though. not saying he cant beat silva, but i think silva will fight a more strategic fight than jardine. one thing i like about jardine is his stance. that is 1 whacked out fight stance! also, nogueria over couture rd 2 ko.

(This post was last edited on August 29, 2009 at 12:35 PM ET.)

Aug 29, 2009 7:32 PM ET #44 (permalink)

Hey, as long as Jardine has that chin he bought for the Rampage fight strapped in tight, I'm going for the underdog and saying Jardine wins by decision. I saw Nogueira wins by (surprise, surprise!) submission in the later rounds, my boy Brandon Vera wins by KO. And I really want Maia to get that title shot, but I can't really decide who's gonna win that one, too tough to tell.

Aug 30, 2009 1:25 AM ET #45 (permalink)

SILVA kod jardine 95 seconds in!! i predicted rd 2, but hell yeah!! nogueria won by unanimous decision!! i predicted rd 2 submission by nog. but hell yeah!!

Aug 31, 2009 10:58 AM ET #46 (permalink)

haha I don't what to say I told you so about Jardine...but...naw, I won't do it.

Aug 31, 2009 11:30 AM ET #47 (permalink)

you dont need to say it, i wanted both of the winners to win!

Sep 4, 2009 9:51 AM ET #48 (permalink)

The Randy-Nog fight was great. I would have liked to see it go 5 rounds. That whole event was much better than it looked on paper or than I expected. If you didn't see the Gonzaga fight, watch it here for the worst nut-kick in history:

http://www.mma-core.com/videos/_Gabriel_Gonzaga_vs_Chris_Tuchscherer_UFC_102?vid=10006234&tid=100

What a way to make your UFC debut...

Sep 4, 2009 1:14 PM ET #49 (permalink)

You're right on about the card DB! I actually ended up watching the show in a bar a few blocks from Randy's high school, guess who everyone was rooting for? I don't think I've ever seen so many first round KO's before. And that nut shot....RIP balls.

Sep 22, 2009 7:39 AM ET #50 (permalink)

Herschel Walker to fight? Did I read that right?

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum